• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Yeah, it's definitely one of my favourite Clone Wars arcs. My dream Battlefront map would be Umbara, though it'll never happen. It's top notch when it comes to visuals.

tumblr_nm7lnb9UKR1u27pz3o4_400.gif

tumblr_inline_ocalpnyTUn1szmjhd_500.gif

tumblr_nm7lnb9UKR1u27pz3o3_400.gif

The camera work during some of the ground fighting is spectacular. Shaky cam, without being annoying. Like you're in the fight.

Toa TAK

Banned
Are we gushing over the Umbaran arc now?

Because I don't think we can do it enough. That is the epitome of Clone Wars, right there.

Ezalc

Has Shaak-Ti's death been confirmed in the new canon yet?
That could be a decent element to add to an Obi-Wan movie if they had something similar to Force Unleashed with her.

They can still have Quinlan Vos come back, haven't seen anything about him dying in the new canon.

Ezalc

He might be done with the council, but he could come back in some other manner. Especially if it's some thing with Obi-Wan given that they're sort of friends.

Malyse

He might be done with the council, but he could come back in some other manner. Especially if it's some thing with Obi-Wan given that they're sort of friends.

Isn't he in jail?

----

For those who thought Vader was OOC in Rogue One, how so? He was always like that.

I really wish Lucasfilm would greenlight the occasional Clone Wars animated special. Hell, they can always revive it someday and finally see it through the end of their plans.

Cheebo

Banned
I really wish Lucasfilm would greenlight the occasional Clone Wars animated special. Hell, they can always revive it someday and finally see it through the end of their plans.

CGI Animation is very time consuming and expensive. Lucasfilm animation is nowhere near large enough to do that while working on Rebels and planning their next animated show following Rebels.

Let's not forget The Clone Wars was a money sink hole that lost money and kept going just because George Lucas himself liked it despite the fact the show operated at a loss.

antonz

CGI Animation is very time consuming and expensive. Lucasfilm animation is nowhere near large enough to do that while working on Rebels and planning their next animated show following Rebels.

Let's not forget The Clone Wars was a money sink hole that lost money and kept going just because George Lucas himself liked it despite the fact the show operated at a loss.

Yeah as nice as it would be to see a Clone Wars quality show again its not happening with Disney. Clone Wars was a project of love from Lucas. Lucas gets a lot of hate and some of it is very much well deserved but damn did he knock it out of the park with his Clone Wars crew.

Rebels has its moments and I know Filoni is doing the best he can with what they give him.

TreIII

I would like to see Filoni's new show be set in the Old Republic. We've filled in nearly every gap between Anakin's birth through to the sequel trilogy. There's still some room for other stories post ROTJ, but it's filling up quickly. Meanwhile, the OR is a wide open playing field.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were going to visit that kind of era (or another era where Jedi, Sith and etc. still exist in large numbers) in some way by 2019/2020.

If I recall, Respawn/Stig's Star Wars game is supposed to be "taking place in a new era not yet explored" (in an EA Star Wars game, at least). It'd make a lot of sense if newer Star Wars media released by that point actually gave game devs, comic writers and showrunners more freedom to create stories and characters that aren't going to be constrained in some way because they're forced to work in such close proximity to the movie time frames.

Or at least...that's what I hope.

Zombine

Banned

This should be canon.

Got 'The Art of Rogue One' book to accompany my 'The Art of Force Awakens' book I picked up last year, and I have to say that once again they knock it out of the ballpark with the attention to detail and all of the stories included about the journey from concept to the big screen. These books are for anyone that are Star Wars and film junkies alike, and they're printed on super thick paper.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Wow that Rogue One OT sure is going places.

I honestly don't know if I'll discuss future star wars movies in OT. Not because people could have a different opinion than mine, b/c that I enjoy..just b/c it turns into..I don't even know what to call it.

This should be canon.

Got 'The Art of Rogue One' book to accompany my 'The Art of Force Awakens' book I picked up last year, and I have to say that once again they knock it out of the ballpark with the attention to detail and all of the stories included about the journey from concept to the big screen. These books are for anyone that are Star Wars and film junkies alike, and they're printed on super thick paper.

Just read my copy of the Art of Rogue One last night too. I'm usually trying to figure out how many of the paintings I'd buy big to hang on my wall. Matt Allsopp in particular is a real genius. Also, it had that nice new book smell (bonus).

I honestly don't know if I'll discuss future star wars movies in OT. Not because people could have a different opinion than mine, b/c that I enjoy..just b/c it turns into..I don't even know what to call it.

I kind of feel the same, especially after release day. I love being in here and talking SW, but the film OT attract some arguments that I just don't want any part of.

I'm well aware of this, just a dream of mine. One day doing that animation will be much cheaper. I'd really love if Lucasfilm saw fit to do animated theatrical films too.

Zombine

Banned
Here's how Star Wars threads have gone the past two years:

"Star Wars is shit, the prequels are shit, the new movies are total shit and that's final. There's no debate, Disney has ruined my franchise and is also shit."

That's not to say that I have an inability to identify the flaws in these films, but the OT's and opinion threads will suck the fun and life out of you and I refuse to put myself through that.

Best thing to happen last night was my parents finally took the time to see Rogue One, and they came back grinning ear to ear. They absolutely loved it and my mother asked me if
Jyn lived at the end.
I was like "well mom uh...you see the thing about that is..."

Surfinn

"Star Wars is shit, the prequels are shit, the new movies are total shit and that's final. There's no debate, Disney has ruined my franchise and is also shit."

That's not to say that I have an inability to identify the flaws in these films, but the OT's and opinion threads will suck the fun and life out of you and I refuse to put myself through that.
Don't forget "the original trilogy is now bad" after the release of TFA.

Zombine

Banned
Don't forget "the original trilogy is now bad" after the release of TFA.

Rogue One spoilers:

"
Tarkin looks so bad. He didn't look real at all he looked like a PS1 character model.
"

Awful. The hyperbole has been strong with that group for years and it's exhausting.

Quick

Banned

Best thing to happen last night was my parents finally took the time to see Rogue One, and they came back grinning ear to ear. They absolutely loved it and my mother asked me if
Jyn lived at the end.
I was like "well mom uh...you see the thing about that is..."

That's basically part of the lifespan of every franchise movie OT. I've made pretty much a majority of the Marvel ones, and it all devolves into shitting on past movies, specifically the Raimi Spider-Man series and an over-dissecting of the movie.

I just saw a post in the Rogue One OT that's borderline offensive, talking about English accents being exclusive to the Empire vs. American accents for the Rebels. Comeonson.gif

cntr

Banned
OTs for long-running series and fandoms tend to be okay, since you get a sort of community of regulars. New people join in sometime, but they aren't going to stick around if they don't like it.

Since movies happen once, there aren't any regulars, so everybody just bickers with everybody else and the thread's just going to be a mess.

Malyse

That being said, the WOAT threads are Kingdom Hearts. Every single damn time it's the same responses.
Also, I hope that they put Marvel and Star Wars in KH3.

----

I wish TOR was canon. It's so good. I also would like a Knights of the New Republic (basically a Canon Jedi Academy)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Star Wars GAF, four and a half hours are left until it is 2017 in my country. I wish you all a nice day/night and a happy new year!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
The year of Episode 8! Also I'm having my first youngling. Happy 2017 everyone!

Congratulations, I hope it will be a healthy child!

I'll get married to another neogaf member on january 20th..so my 2017 is starting pretty well too. Let's hope it will continue to be good.

Top Bottom