• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
If you want a better idea of the political situation before TFA and a great Leia story, go with Bloodline. Lost Stars is based around witnessing the main events of the OT from the perspective of two Imperial cadets with a romance story mixed in.

A New Dawn's good as well and is worth reading if you like Rebels. I don't rate it as highly as the other two though.

Thanks! Bloodlines it is, then.

zQaAcWw.png

sphagnum

Banned
Aphra #9 and Vader #3 are out, both pretty fun. And the arc title for Aphra is hilarious (Doctor Aphra and the Enormous Profit). Hondo would be proud.

The Hollywood Reporter did an interview with Woody Harrelson and he spoke a little about the Han Solo film.

I turned [the Han Solo movie] down twice, too, and the same person, Alli, wouldn't take no for an answer.

Definitely [Star Wars] has more secrecy than anything ever. You get an e-reader; you don't get a script. They give it to you, and you give it back after you read it. But I was like, "I've got to be with my family, I got to go home." I'd been home in Maui one week since November. But I met with [directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller] one night, and we hung out and we went over to Matthew Freud's and played pingpong and just had a great time. They were really good guys. I've been enjoying it [since then], especially because we just went to [shoot at] the Dolomites in Italy. [Co-star] Thandie Newton said, "It's like being at camp 'cause you got everybody together," and we had a couple of epic parties.

Alli gave me the word on [Ron Howard replacing the directors]. He's a wonderful guy. And we did shoot one day with him — we had to shoot because Thandie had to leave. We start again July 12. I think I read some stuff where people were worried about the fate of this movie. I wouldn't worry. The Force is still very much with it.

sphagnum

Banned
I have but it was ages ago. Probably 20 years ago and I barely remember it.

Same, I read it as a kid. All I really remember is Vader's hadouken (kinetite) and I think he had a blue saber.

I was never too big on Legends. Some day I'd like to try to read through it all though.

curb

Banned
Same, I read it as a kid. All I really remember is Vader's hadouken (kinetite) and I think he had a blue saber.

I was never too big on Legends. Some day I'd like to try to read through it all though.

I remember a little sumpin' between Luke and Leia which makes sense that it would stick out in my mind given I was a teen at the time.

zerosum

Has anyone read Splinter of the Mind's Eye?

Yes, it's... interesting? It's written well enough I guess, but it just feels strange. In hindsight, it's clear that some details in the road map weren't exactly mapped out.

Worth a read as a curiosity.

curb

Banned
I believe he said:

they wanted to bone.

That's about right. I had to looked it up after posting to make sure I wasn't misremembering but yeah, there's definitely some sexual tension explicitly mentioned in the book. It's not overly subtle either - there's definitely something between them.

Toa TAK

Banned
That's about right. I had to looked it up after posting to make sure I wasn't misremembering but yeah, there's definitely some sexual tension explicitly mentioned in the book. It's not overly subtle either - there's definitely something between them.
Ewwwwwww

RyanW

Finally finished reading Thrawn after taking several breaks because I'm just lazy. Overall enjoyed it.
Really interested in seeing if they ever uncover the adventure he and Anakin have during the Clone Wars.

Jinroh

I've just read a legends comic about Boba Fett and really liked it. It's the one in which he interacts with a clone's sons whose father Jango killed a few years before.

The interactions between the two are interesting and we discover Boba was married and has a badass daughter. I really wish they are going to expend on him in the new canon, there's a lot of potential behind this guy.

I'm starting to read more and more legends material. I'm honestly very disappointed by the new canon comics and universe in general. I'm even starting to prefer its legends alternative universe. I always thought the expended universe would be a steaming pile, but it produced some really fine stuff.

I really, really hope Thrawn is going to have an important post Aftermath role of some kind and not simply die in rebels.

At first I was like "Maybe he just decided to sell this book after all and didn't want to give it away for free"

And then I was like "Maybe he forgot to auto-renew the registration?"

And then I was "Maybe it's a DNS glitch"

Basically, I didn't wanna just ASSUME that Lucasfilm either DMCA or sent a C&D and wiped his whole site out.

But Naboo News apparently posted an excerpt yesterday of the most recent blog (and by excerpt I mean like over half of it, jesus) and noted at the bottom that he had been re-editing it to soften the impact and to remove/reword things.

So I'm starting to think that yeah, either he didn't wanna keep skirting a line, or someone told him he was done with this project now.

https://naboonews.wordpress.com/201...dly-wounded-by-episodes-i-and-ii-reviews/amp/

Shame, there were some real good "how the sausage gets made"-style anecdotes in there.

You could kinda tell what he was leading up to, though (mainly in that present-day Lucasfilm has become too corporatized, and the idea of the "easy-going ranch community" more or less evaporated when George left).

Top Bottom