• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Releases August 30th

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Are you talking about Shauna Jones? Her twitter is private? She might be batshit crazy or else but she has the right to say stuff outside of her job no?

So you’re saying as long as it isn’t a work social media account then we can all go around dropping the hard R?

Cool cool. Got it.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Why does this standard of taking a beautiful woman actress and turning her into a butt ugly manwoman in the game only apply to women?

Men actors and their in game image are always identical...

Iy5eLjj.jpg

Why do these freaks of nature hate attractive women so much? The only conclusion i can come up with is they are doing all they can to push the mental illness of transgenderism into mainstream as much as possible

Zuzu

The graphics look downgraded to me in that newest trailer. Either that or the trailer is showing console footage.

ByWatterson

I genuinely think it looks great, and like Jedi FO/Survivor, the team seems to "get" Star Wars the way Disney seems to refuse to.

Salz01

Man that digital ultimate edition is like 160 bucks… or something after taxes. Thats crazy. Artbook..etc. plus yea it looks downgraded since last showing. Probably to get it working on series s….

Dazraell

I just saw the price of the gold edition in my region on PS Store. Nope, I'm gonna pass and wait until sales. Not a chance I will ever give so much money for a game

CGNoire

"She always felt the Galaxy is RIGGED AGAINST People Like Her"

Thats Twice Now they have mentioned that so its most likely gonna be a theme going forward........yeah IM OUT.

Lynkk

So you’re saying as long as it isn’t a work social media account then we can all go around dropping the hard R?

Cool cool. Got it.
Not what I meant.

Some people won't play the game because she said something outside of work 3 years ago, which seems silly.

Unless she said something on the Ubisoft Social media accounts, but I did not find anything?

StueyDuck

Not what I meant.

Some people won't play the game because she said something outside of work 3 years ago, which seems silly.

Unless she said something on the Ubisoft Social media accounts, but I did not find anything?
Has she or ubisoft mentioned anything about her wacky silly fun time bigotry since?

If they are willing to admit she was wrong then sure we can move on but the fact that all these people seem to be failing upwards in the system tells you more than enough than what Massive and Ubisoft actually feel.

The HR and hiring process these days is an absolute nightmare, those who had to look for a new job would have felt that pain. So how can someone who's being hired as a social face of the company, not have been vetted before hand 🤷‍♂️.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
After PANDORA, I don't expect this to be much different than previous UBI fares within their own IPs. There was a trailer that had a giant "WANTED" graphic and the way the voice-over described the system, it is EXACTLY like the system in FC6 (with a little tweak I'm sure). Also the animation just looks off to me. Something about it that was amplifying the uncanny valleyness. Will check out if it is any good and when it eventually comes to STEAM, but almost surely isn't a day one purchase.

. . .I do think it is hilarious that now Friday has become "official game release" days, and all it took was developers to realize they could monetize Tuesday releases.

I've seen enough tripe in newer UBI games that states otherwise and to personally never buy another 👍

Which recent UBI games have had a key developer (who also hates White people) that is also working on the social media engagement side of things as part of their duties?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
What a disappointment, I was going to buy it when it was launched, but with the controversy of installing it online... I will buy it for 15 dollars, now.

Dr.Morris79

Which recent UBI games have had a key developer (who also hates White people) that is also working on the social media engagement side of things as part of their duties?
In my comment you quoted, where did I say it was to do with anti white propaganda that I wouldnt buy anymore UBI games?

That wasn't what I was on about in regards to the 'tripe' in their games.

FunkMiller

So, the main character is basically Rey part 2, then? Another super strong, confident girl boss, who's only flaws are the gosh darned people around her?

How horrifically boring.

I don't really care that much what she looks like, but I'm not playing a Ubisoft open world game with such a dull protagonist, coupled with Ubi's usual grotesque amounts of greed.

Avoid.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
1brWq5n.gif

RvMIWo4.jpg

When are people going to fucking learn with UBI?
I think the problem with community managers is they are supposed to love social medias (ie their tools of work), but at the same time loving social media constitute irrefutable proof that you're a moron. Factor in the fact HR people who hire them usually also love social media, and linkedin in particular which is one of the more braindead there is, and it's easy to understand why we won't get out of this catch 22 soon...

New hands-on deets via Shinobi over on X:
  • "Excited about how far you can manipulate the various systems" in the game
  • You will visit recognizable places like Tatooine, Kijimi, and Akiva, as well as new ones like the moon Toshara (created from scratch by Massive)
  • The team focused on creating a compact, dense city experience in Mirogana (Toshara's capital) with lots of activities rather than making it expansive with not much to do
  • There are shops, arcade games, betting areas, and Sabacc tables (in-universe card game)
  • Each city has a cantina which serves as the central area for getting intel and finding work
  • Reputation System: Represents your standing with the crime syndicates, can range from "Terrible" to "Excellent"
  • Having good rep with any of them can have benefits like coming to your aid when you're in trouble in the open world, offering special stock, or letting you walk around their territory freely
  • Your creature companion "Nix" can be used to distract guards, take them out and stealth your way around
  • Using stealth can help avoid your reputation taking a hit if you get in and out of places undetected
  • Disable alarm systems, security cameras etc to avoid detection (being detected will drop your reputation)
  • Choice examples: Give damaging information you found on a job to one syndicate vs the other, affects your rep
  • Your speeder can be summoned instantly, feels "excellent" and "smooth" to drive around
  • You can upgrade your weapons with new abilities to access new areas
Full Preview:

Last edited:

EDMIX

New hands-on deets via Shinobi over on X:
  • "Excited about how far you can manipulate the various systems" in the game
  • You will visit recognizable places like Tatooine, Kijimi, and Akiva, as well as new ones like the moon Toshara (created from scratch by Massive)
  • The team focused on creating a compact, dense city experience in Mirogana (Toshara's capital) with lots of activities rather than making it expansive with not much to do
  • There are shops, arcade games, betting areas, and Sabacc tables (in-universe card game)
  • Each city has a cantina which serves as the central area for getting intel and finding work
  • Reputation System: Represents your standing with the crime syndicates, can range from "Terrible" to "Excellent"
  • Having good rep with any of them can have benefits like coming to your aid when you're in trouble in the open world, offering special stock, or letting you walk around their territory freely
  • Your creature companion "Nix" can be used to distract guards, take them out and stealth your way around
  • Using stealth can help avoid your reputation taking a hit if you get in and out of places undetected
  • Disable alarm systems, security cameras etc to avoid detection (being detected will drop your reputation)
  • Choice examples: Give damaging information you found on a job to one syndicate vs the other, affects your rep
  • Your speeder can be summoned instantly, feels "excellent" and "smooth" to drive around
  • You can upgrade your weapons with new abilities to access new areas
Full Preview:

.....day 1

Kerotan

Anyone else shocked this is coming soon? I hope more games don't announce the release date until within 6 months.

Personally I'll be playing it on the PS5 Pro. Get the gold edition for a reduced price, the bugs will be fixed and it'll run better on the pro.

In the meantime I've jedi survivor to play whenever it comes to EA Play.

manfestival

my biggest problem with this game is that it is basically every ubisoft big game. Time to turn it into some open world nonsense

Top Bottom