• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Releases August 30th

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

This looks good, I've actually really enjoyed and completed two recent Ubisoft games (AC Mirage and Prince of Persia) which is more than I can say for any other Western third party, so they're in my good books for now.

GymWolf

Division-era Massive was amazing. Division 2 was mid, and Avatar was straight up bad. The decrease in quality is very apparent.

And Ubi can't seem to release a good game to save its life, they have had a dreadful couple of years.
Div2 had better gunplay, ia and enemy variety than div1, only the locations was vastly inferior.

But yeah avatar was a misstep except the graphic.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I am a 42 year old happily married father of 2, but the player character is killing the game for me, if I have to play as a women that please as an attractive one… Tastes are different, so perhaps it’s just me, but somehow she seems to me to be a result of this whole „more average looking women“ discussions…

It's your opinion, but this is an insane thought. Straight up!

dan76

Nah, haven't we seen this story too many times already. I'll wait for sale and pick it up on PC when the mods have fixed it. This should've been The Mandalorian game.

I need a demo for this. There are interesting ideas that could go very right or very wrong. The character gives off Nathan Drake vibes without the humor of Nathan Drake, so we shall see. The animations are atrocious, the worst aspect of the trailer.

This is pretty much Beyond Good and Evil 2 with a Star Wars skin.

Mr Hyde

I buy all Ubisoft games (the few I want) when they are heavily discounted. They usually drop in price only a few months after launch. This game seems promising though.

Gudji

Looks like it took the Ubisoft treatment in the visuals department. Still looks good tho hopefully it's decent.

Nihilum

Interested to learn more. Is there an endgame, or is it one play through and done? How long is the game length in hours? Hopefully not another slog like AssValhaula.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I am a 42 year old happily married father of 2, but the player character is killing the game for me, if I have to play as a women that please as an attractive one… Tastes are different, so perhaps it’s just me, but somehow she seems to me to be a result of this whole „more average looking women“ discussions…

As the potential customer you have the right to disqualify the product by any metric that you choose.

Mmm, well, I was kinda interested but that trailer was a bit of a wet fart. Hasn't landed on my 'day one' list, that's for sure.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Division-era Massive was amazing. Division 2 was mid, and Avatar was straight up bad. The decrease in quality is very apparent.

And Ubi can't seem to release a good game to save its life, they have had a dreadful couple of years.
Third person shooting in Division 2 was fun, and Avatar received the "Best Graphics of 2023 Award?" from DF. Combine those two elements with the Star Wars license, and there you go – a profitable product. I'm not expecting a very good game, but I feel like it will be successful.

I mean if i was making a game I'd just not hire a bigot as the community manager.

If I'd hired a sex offender and they used my platform and money to perform offensive sex acts on unwilling victims should I not hold some responsibility as the employer 🤷‍♂️
I literally just care about the game. Just the game.

Nonehxc

Looks very nice, setting is interesting, I know it's during the Empire era but I'm sad it won't have the Shadow Collective. :messenger_crying:Loved both Respawn Star Wars.

But this it's Ubisoft...

I will wait for trusted GAF reviews to make up my mind. 😚

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I literally just care about the game. Just the game.
I mean we can always stretch things. I just care about the gameplay not the story. I just care about the mechanics not the characters etc etc...

The fact is the CM is a part of the studio. Just because they may or may not have wrote a line of code doesn't mean that this person still isn't employed by this company and saying hateful and bigoted things.

As consumers we push back by not supporting the game... supporting the game says its cool to have a racist and bigoted person on staff... may as well hire more Right 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Larxia

How it will go:

- First hour or two will be somewhat interesting but very scripted and limited.
- The game opens up, it actually looks decent! You discover some cool things and it seems like a fun game.
- 6 hours passed, and you start to realize that you're finding the same things over and over in the world. Everytime you find any new type of content, you know it will be something that will be repeated, copy and pasted multiple times to fill the world. There won't be any unique content, everything is just a template to be repeated.
- You decide to still play anyway despite this, because the open world is cool, and it's actually rare to have large open worlds in star wars games. World maps are usually ubisoft's strenght and here you enjoy having so much freedom in a star wars game.
- Despite all your efforts, after 25 hours you can't keep going, it's way too repetitive. You put the game down, you're thinking that you need to take a break and you will go back to it at some point in the near future.
- You never go back to it, and it remains unfinished because it was too repetitive.

The Ubisoft experience.

I mean we can always stretch things. I just care about the gameplay not the story. I just care about the mechanics not the characters etc etc...

The fact is the CM is a part of the studio. Just because they may or may not have wrote a line of code doesn't mean that this person still isn't employed by this company and saying hateful and bigoted things.

As consumers we push back by not supporting the game... supporting the game says its cool to have a racist and bigoted person on staff... may as well hire more Right 🤷‍♂️
No, I literally just care about the game. Unless you work there, it’s an internal HR issue that they should probably deal with, on their end. But I do not see what at all it has to do with the game. Don’t get so caught up in stuff like this, is my advice. Just play games and enjoy them. Let them run the business

Last edited:

DanielG165

I’m looking forward to this, honestly. I’m not even a big Star Wars fan, but the gameplay from last year really caught my interest, and it looks just plain fun. For how long? Who knows, but I’m still excited to learn more and eventually play it late summer.

We should let people be excited for things, regardless of personal biases.

Braag

For me it's the 80's mom hairstyle which is killing me.
Still, miles better than the Fable character, which unfortunately looks literally like this one dude that used to be a colleague of mine.

Mortisfacio

I'll keep an eye out, but no pre-order for me. Star Wars in general I'm kind of losing interest due to the constant milking of it. Fallen Order was cool, at least.

Ready to watch a woman cosplay as a man for 50 hours while running through an Ubisoft open world game? Not really interested. You can't gender-swap Han Solo - it doesn't work that way.

I don't like Star Wars games but this looks superb.

The universe is deep, so it's refreshing to not be a Jedi or padawan.

Based on the trailer looks like it might be a mix of the Godfather and TLOU. That is, vying for control of rival criminal groups' rackets and building reputation. With some cool looking set pieces.

Nevertheless, they shouldn't have chosen such a well-regarded period to set the game in. They can't take many liberties setting it between the Emprie and ROJ.

MiguelItUp

Which would be a good barometer normally with any product. This is UBI though and you only have to look at their latest past catalogue to know this isn't the case..

It's now a company so balls deep in this DEI shite you don't even have to try and find it. It's quite blatant at this point, this 'community manager' is just a figurehead for it. They know they can say shit like this as the company is indoctrinated with it to the core.

It's not for me to say how people want to spend their money but if anyone enjoys this stuff, spend away 🤷‍♂️

I sure as shit won't. This was never what gaming was about. They can take their political stance, man hatred and racism and shove it up their arse.

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

Honestly, I just play games and choose not to get involved into any and all sides of all that. Ignorance is bliss in most cases. If a game looks fun and good, I'm interested and will play it. Rinse and repeat. 🤷‍♂️

Also, for PC players that are curious, I'd recommend just doing the Ubisoft+ thing. It's $18 a month and apparently you get access to the Ultimate Edition ASAP. It's a lot cheaper than the other routes, and it's actually how I played Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. Played it, beat it, canceled my membership.

Last edited:
Top Bottom