• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Releases August 30th

Dr.Morris79

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

Honestly, I just play games and choose not to get involved into any and all sides of all that. Ignorance is bliss in most cases. If a game looks fun and good, I'm interested and will play it. Rinse and repeat. 🤷‍♂️

Also, for PC players that are curious, I'd recommend just doing the Ubisoft+ thing. It's $18 a month and apparently you get access to the Ultimate Edition ASAP. It's a lot cheaper than the other routes, and it's actually how I played Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. Played it, beat it, canceled my membership.
You gotta do what ya gotta do :messenger_sunglasses:

You're right though, if you've got to play it, the UBI+ route seems best.

MiguelItUp

You gotta do what ya gotta do :messenger_sunglasses:

You're right though, if you've got to play it, the UBI+ route seems best.
Since the The Lost Crown I already told myself that would be how I'd play their games if I was really curious. Especially since I was never really a big fan of Ubisoft, lol. But it's Star Wars, so here I go. Who knows when it will happen again though?

yazenov

AC Mirage was decent, but has numerous price cuts. The Nexus VR didn’t work out. Prince of Persia was a great side scroller, but didn’t sell well.

They need this & AC Red to perform well. Hence why they’re so eager to show this off.

Who cares about the “community manager” lol.

Those individuals with an agenda are everywhere in the industry, so you might as well quit gaming if you’re going to avoid a game, because of them.

That community manager which is openly racist against white men represents the company though. They should fire her for making an abhorrent comment and publicly apologise to the people affected by it.

Fuck this game and this company though. I'll avoid this piece of shit like I avoid all Disney IPs.

Last edited:

Elios83

Imo it looks amazing (like Avatar), it will be interesting to see if the next Assassin's Creed will feature a similar graphical jump compared to Mirage.
The problem with Ubisoft is that gameplay wise you can't trust them to deliver something else than a reskinned cookie cutter game.
It's up to them to prove they can do something fresh and more importantly fun.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I mean if i was making a game I'd just not hire a bigot as the community manager.

If I'd hired a sex offender and they used my platform and money to perform offensive sex acts on unwilling victims should I not hold some responsibility as the employer 🤷‍♂️

Weren't her comments made well before she got hired?

I am a 42 year old happily married father of 2, but the player character is killing the game for me, if I have to play as a women that please as an attractive one… Tastes are different, so perhaps it’s just me, but somehow she seems to me to be a result of this whole „more average looking women“ discussions…

Cringe GIF by MOODMAN

Ozriel

M$FT
I mean we can always stretch things. I just care about the gameplay not the story. I just care about the mechanics not the characters etc etc...

The fact is the CM is a part of the studio. Just because they may or may not have wrote a line of code doesn't mean that this person still isn't employed by this company and saying hateful and bigoted things.

As consumers we push back by not supporting the game... supporting the game says its cool to have a racist and bigoted person on staff... may as well hire more Right 🤷‍♂️

This is giving shades of the purple forum boycotting Hogwarts Legacy because of Rowling.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
The visuals downgrade is strong with this one. Ubisoft never learns.

Game might be ok, but I’m on a huge fence after this trailer.

Lupin25

That community manager which is openly racist against white men represents the company though. They should fire her for making an abhorrent comment and publicly apologise to the people affected by it.

Fuck this game and this company though. I'll avoid this piece of shit like I avoid all Disney IPs.

They should, but those types are everywhere. I’m at the point where I can’t let a “community manager” simply ruin my excitement for a game.

I just can’t take the political bs serious anymore.

This is the industry now.

Could you share references to what is it that she actually said?

Comandr

Something looks off with the lighting and animation. Facial mocap looks really stiff. Feels like they went out of their way to make the MC ugly. This is especially nitpicky but I feel like her hair is a shade or two too light for her skin tone. Light brown skin, brown eyes, and light brown hair just creates a messy, indistinct portrait.

Strategize

GKvpIuTWkAAbuoR
GKvpItUWUAA7eqX

The beautiful model.

Apparently beautiful woman can't exist in video games part #21378213.
My problem with posts like this is, every single time, it shows the model with a bunch of makeup and spruced up photoshoot lighting. I have no idea if it's actually an accurate depiction of her or not because I don't know what she really looks like without the smoke and mirrors. When Western devs get their reference shots they ask for no makeup most of the time.

Last edited:

Reaseru

My problem with posts like this is, every single time, it shows the model with a bunch of makeup and spruced up photoshoot lighting. I have no idea if it's actually an accurate depiction of her or not because I don't know what she really looks like without the smoke and mirrors. When Western devs get their reference shots they ask for no makeup most of the time.
Did she can also remove the male jaw with makeup? Good job.

What does she use to hide that hideous chin dimple?... Wall repair paste?

Comandr

I honestly don't see anything wrong with her except for the chin.

GKvSQfjX0AAtXy9
Honestly that character doesn't look bad. Skin tone contrasts with the hair better. Her features are slightly less defined; giving her a softer, more youthful appearance.
Looks like the character designer just watched The Warriors the night before.

THE_WARRIORS_slideshow_3.png

SbAdS85.png
go3d2D8.png
r1jy8pm.png

The hair on the model in the new trailer is lighter, bigger, parted different. MC also now has a mole under her lip long with one on her cheek bone and what appear to be light freckles as opposed to the much smoother look in the presumably older artwork. Skin tone has been darkened slightly.

Artwork aside, game appears massively downgraded from the previous trailer. Go figure.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
How it will go:

- First hour or two will be somewhat interesting but very scripted and limited.
- The game opens up, it actually looks decent! You discover some cool things and it seems like a fun game.
- 6 hours passed, and you start to realize that you're finding the same things over and over in the world. Everytime you find any new type of content, you know it will be something that will be repeated, copy and pasted multiple times to fill the world. There won't be any unique content, everything is just a template to be repeated.
- You decide to still play anyway despite this, because the open world is cool, and it's actually rare to have large open worlds in star wars games. World maps are usually ubisoft's strenght and here you enjoy having so much freedom in a star wars game.
- Despite all your efforts, after 25 hours you can't keep going, it's way too repetitive. You put the game down, you're thinking that you need to take a break and you will go back to it at some point in the near future.
- You never go back to it, and it remains unfinished because it was too repetitive.

The Ubisoft experience.
You just described TotK.

yazenov

R6Rider

Gold Member
What she said is dumb, but skipping an entire game because of a fucking Community Manager is pretty weird.

Head of studio I can understand, but come on.

Mr Hyde

Just saw the trailer. The huge graphical downgrade was a bit of a turnoff. Some parts looked amazing but others downright awful. Animations looked weird, especially on the main character, body language seemed off, I don't know it just didn't look right. The open world stuff looks cool and Jabba and carbon Han Solo was a nice throwback, but I am a bit burnt out on open world games at the moment. Well, I'm not really a big Star Wars fan anyway so I can wait for a discount or catch it in the bargain bin. Or not bother with it at all.

Lynkk

It's a story trailer, like a movie. Zero (new) gameplay mechanics. And as a Star Wars movie it looks average.

And then big studios are surprised that games like Lethal Company, Exit 8, etc are making a lot of money for a tiny cost.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
What she said is dumb, but skipping an entire game because of a fucking Community Manager is pretty weird.

Head of studio I can understand, but come on.
Let’s break this down easier.

If the community manager said these same comments against black people they’d be fired in an instant, and there would be 100s of articles about it and an outrage to not support the game.

You know this to be true.

The matter is, community manager, or coder, or head of studio, all play a vital role in success of a project. This person not being kicked to the curb means the culture and ideals of this studio are fine with supporting racists that align with their same bigoted outlook.

You can draw your line wherever you want. Support and play things you think you’ll enjoy.

For me? Ain’t no damn way. They do not want my money and support. It’s clear as day. So it’s easy to pass on.

Ozzie666

Missed opportunity to use Dash Rendar and make him cannon.

Why bother hiring models only to change the characters look so much it's not longer them. This plague across the industry needs to stop. If you want male looking characters in your games, use a male.

MastAndo

I'm going to give Ubi the benefit of the doubt and assume a transformation into a vampire bat plays into the plot somehow.

Last edited:

Lynkk

Let’s break this down easier.

If the community manager said these same comments against black people they’d be fired in an instant, and there would be 100s of articles about it and an outrage to not support the game.

You know this to be true.

The matter is, community manager, or coder, or head of studio, all play a vital role in success of a project. This person not being kicked to the curb means the culture and ideals of this studio are fine with supporting racists that align with their same bigoted outlook.

You can draw your line wherever you want. Support and play things you think you’ll enjoy.

For me? Ain’t no damn way. They do not want my money and support. It’s clear as day. So it’s easy to pass on.
Are you talking about Shauna Jones? Her twitter is private? She might be batshit crazy or else but she has the right to say stuff outside of her job no?

Ristifer

Character looks fine. Everyone complained about the ginger white dude in the Jedi games, everyone complained about the masculine look of the character in Control, blah blah blah. If the game is good, no one will give a shit. That’s where it needs to shine.

Top Bottom