• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 CG Trailer [EA-CONF]

Oct 11, 2009
14,406
0
0
The Netherlands
SERIOUSLY WOW JUST WOW if only the last 3 movies where that awesome !!!

[edit] new links because EA does not want us to see it:

Thanks again The Faceless Master

And for no good reason just because its awesome 1 more:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/videos/star-wars-republic-e3-trailer-hope/
 

Deadly

Member
Dec 27, 2006
9,622
0
1,155
Holy shit that was pretty awesome. The beginning reminded me that we still don't have a sequel to Republic Commando though =(.
 

Darklord

Banned
Oct 30, 2007
22,625
0
0
Australia
Not as good as the last trailer. This one didn't really feel like Star Wars. It was still good though. Can't wait for the game.
 
Sep 26, 2008
6,783
0
0
Darklord said:
Not as good as the last trailer. This one didn't really feel like Star Wars. It was still good though. Can't wait for the game.

What? Vibroblades? Commandos? Sith? Jedi? Not Star Wars? My life has been turned upside down.
 

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
27,272
57,953
2,365
Don't use a special E3 2010 tag for e3-related threads; every thread's going to be e3-related anyway. Just throwing "E3" in there somewhere is fine. Beyond that, you should identify whether trailers are CG, gameplay, realtime cinematic, etc. Title changed.
 

fizzelopeguss

Banned
Nov 1, 2007
6,321
0
0
Stormtroopers are fuckin' retarded, let's give up the perfectly elevated position to charge into a group of lightsabers.
 

BattleMonkey

Member
Mar 5, 2009
32,282
1
0
Darklord said:
Not as good as the last trailer. This one didn't really feel like Star Wars. It was still good though. Can't wait for the game.
Was much more star wars than the stupid TFU2 trailer of trooper magic disentegration.
 

Tritroid

Member
Jun 6, 2004
3,179
51
1,480
37
Kentucky
Amazing. Bioware is truely rivaling Blizzard here with their CGI cinematic skills.

The art design is amazing, the story premise is very cool, and the cinematics do nothing but drive more hype...but we need to be seeing a lot more in-game videos by now than we are. The cinematics will only hype for so long (See: Warhammer).
 

LazerRanger

Member
Mar 7, 2009
531
0
0
:D Last year's trailer already surpassed the entire prequel trilogy (Darth Maul battle aside) if only it was an MMO :( I want my KOTOR 3 dammit! Replaying 1 and 2 because of this!
 

Subitai

Member
Jun 9, 2004
8,363
0
0
Darklord said:
Not as good as the last trailer. This one didn't really feel like Star Wars. It was still good though. Can't wait for the game.
What?!

That totally felt like Endor in Return of the Jedi except thousands of years earlier.
 

K.Sabot

Member
May 7, 2009
22,308
0
0
Oklahoma
fizzelopeguss said:
Stormtroopers are fuckin' retarded, let's give up the perfectly elevated position to charge into a group of lightsabers.
That was exactly what I said. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? JUST FIRE THE GUNS AGAIN, STOP JUMPING DOWN AND FIRE THE GUNS AGAIN."
 

BattleMonkey

Member
Mar 5, 2009
32,282
1
0
Tritroid said:
Amazing. Bioware is truely rivaling Blizzard here with their CGI cinematic skills.

The art design is amazing, the story premise is very cool, and the cinematics do nothing but drive more hype...but we need to be seeing a lot more in-game videos by now than we are. The cinematics will only hype for so long (See: Warhammer).
Game won't be out till some time next year and that isn't even locked down yet. Game is a ways off still.
 

Darklord

Banned
Oct 30, 2007
22,625
0
0
Australia
piratepwnsninja said:
What? Vibroblades? Commandos? Sith? Jedi? Not Star Wars? My life has been turned upside down.
I dunno. Just didn't have that...feel of star wars. Eh, maybe I'm just crazy. I hope we get some good long gameplay footage though.
 

BattleMonkey

Member
Mar 5, 2009
32,282
1
0
K.Sabot said:
That was exactly what I said. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? JUST FIRE THE GUNS AGAIN, STOP JUMPING DOWN AND FIRE THE GUNS AGAIN."
And all the Sith would have just force jumped up at them and the result would be the same.
 

barnone

Member
Oct 8, 2009
738
0
0
28
Nice to see some trooper hype this time around. I thought the video was fantastic and I liked the scope they introduced with the flares, a nice touch.
 

BattleMonkey

Member
Mar 5, 2009
32,282
1
0
Shinjitsu said:
Can we just get a movie by the CG team behind that?
The cost and time to make a full length movie of this quality would be insane. These short cinematics while gorgeous, cost and take a long time to make. Hence why most movie length CG is of much lower quality.
 

theMrCravens

Member
Dec 7, 2008
3,336
0
0
Canada, Montreal
AlternativeUlster said:
So is this like Knights of the Old Republic then? Or is it a gross MMO?
I'm going to guess and say leveling to cap will be a fun soloable KotOR-style RPG experience, and endgame will be the same basic group grind stuff since the great storyline content will be over.