• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Releasing Date: Dec 20 NA/EU - NDA Lifted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonds

Orgun said:
Not a fan of PvP so I will drop out and seek another Euro guild :(

Sad to see Ya go m8, but i guess we had to make a choice.
Hopefully you'll find a good pve guild here with gaf!

Orgun

Fonds said:
Sad to see Ya go m8, but i guess we had to make a choice.
Hopefully you'll find a good pve guild here with gaf!

Who knows, maybe i'll get a taste for PvP come release and beg to be let back in :)

pelican

Fonds said:
Just made it official on our guildpage:

NeoGAF is now going PvP on the european servers. After a couple of days voting we had a pretty unanimous vote for going PvP.

If you want to hop on your speeder and slaughter some empire scum along the way; look no further... NeoGAF is going PvP!

17 and counting!

I might be blind but where is this page? PVP is my choice of brand so I want to sign up.

Sigfodr

BattleMonkey said:
I don't see the SW dvd's going out of print any time soon.
Not Star Wars in general, but the theatrical cut of the Original Trilogy is not something Lucas wants available. His intention is only for the "special" editions to be available, which is why that is all that will be available on Blu Ray.

Sigfodr said:
Not Star Wars in general, but the theatrical cut of the Original Trilogy is not something Lucas wants available. His intention is only for the "special" editions to be available, which is why that is all that will be available on Blu Ray.

On blu ray no doubt, as they wont invest in doing the originals in HD. But that is why getting the dvds is a good idea as it's probably the last best chance a person has to keep a copy of the classics that will not degrade on you.

Emitan

JetBlackPanda said:
my hype for this game is out of control! I need to build a new pc before this comes out.
I'm hoping I can max this out. Either way I need to buy new RAM because I have 2 bad sticks.

I applied for the Euro republic GAF Guild.

Will most likely play as a healing commando. I usually play dedicated healer although I did extensively play as a Thane in DAOC.

Not too sure how the whole DPS/Healing of the commando mechanic works out but..

Combat Medic reporting in for duty!

imoTEP12

So I just finally got around to reading the first two comic arc tie-ins done by dark horse ("threat of peace" and "blood of the empire" respectively) and I have to say that I really didn't enjoy them all that much, they felt rather disjointed to me. With saying that though, I am still eagerly waiting for the game.

Yaska

imoTEP12 said:
So I just finally got around to reading the first two comic arc tie-ins done by dark horse ("threat of peace" and "blood of the empire" respectively) and I have to say that I really didn't enjoy them all that much, they felt rather disjointed to me. With saying that though, I am still eagerly waiting for the game.
Read Deceived book instead, alot better imo. Also seems that Timothy Zahns Thrawn saga is finally out on Kindle, but only in the US. No kindle versions for euroes, with the exception of heir to the empires 20th anniversary edition.

Emitan

Yaska said:
Read Deceived book instead, alot better imo. Also seems that Timothy Zahns Thrawn saga is finally out on Kindle, but only in the US. No kindle versions for euroes, with the exception of heir to the empires 20th anniversary edition.
They're on Kindle? I can't find them. I can only find audio books.

imoTEP12

Yaska said:

Yeah, I have read the thrawn saga before and really enjoyed it, I just thought I would chime in on those two arcs and give my 2 cents

imoTEP12

While were on the subject, I also recently read "Knights Errant" which also takes place during the old republic (albeit much later) and I found it to be quite enjoyable

Billychu said:
They're on Kindle? I can't find them. I can only find audio books.

In the US all the SW books are now on Kindle and other ebook stores.

imoTEP12 said:
While were on the subject, I also recently read "Knights Errant" which also takes place during the old republic (albeit much later) and I found it to be quite enjoyable

The novel or comic series? The comic series was alright, haven't read the novel yet though. They announced a 2nd comic series already

antonz said:
They will likely implement them eventually. It is logical future content patch material

I don't see it as being very likely. It would be a fairly big update to add just for a single class. Game updates are more than likely just going to be more content like most other MMO's where we get new flashpoints, raids, etc.

Giolon

Morn said:
Which really sucks. No fun reason to play a BH now.

Cuz you know the class's gameplay mechanics are worthless, and who gives a fuck about Bioware's storytelling abilities, right?

This game isn't SWG - it's KOTOR (and WoW)-based. This is still a shock to people?

CAW

Fonds said:
Just made it official on our guildpage:

NeoGAF is now going PvP on the european servers. After a couple of days voting we had a pretty unanimous vote for going PvP.

If you want to hop on your speeder and slaughter some empire scum along the way; look no further... NeoGAF is going PvP!

17 and counting!

I accept that challenge, Rebel scum!

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/6557/dark-jedi-council

Small guild atm and not even sure how it's going to work. These are some people from an old JA clan I was in back in 2002. Most of the guys are from Europe, I'm from Canada. Some of us have kept in contact through FB and MSN and what not. Really would be cool if we could play on the same server together!

I made a post awhile back: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=272719

Has there been any official word or updates regarding US and European servers? Forgive me if there has. While I have been trying to follow everything I can, it's been tough as I bounce around with other MMOs and keeping up with the latest news and info has been difficult.

Mastamind

kyo_daikun said:
Understandable for PVE servers, no idea why they chose not to implement it in PVP servers tho.

That seems to be something implementable by the players. If you really want bounties you can always do it yourself. Just shout in town/post on your forums with an amount and a name and pay the first person to post a screenshot of the kill.

imoTEP12

BattleMonkey said:
In the US all the SW books are now on Kindle and other ebook stores.

The novel or comic series? The comic series was alright, haven't read the novel yet though. They announced a 2nd comic series already

Comic series, I thought it was an okay reprieve from characters we know.

Morn

Banned
Giolon said:
Cuz you know the class's gameplay mechanics are worthless, and who gives a fuck about Bioware's storytelling abilities, right?

When I'm paying $15 a month for a MMO, I want fun gameplay to make it worth it.

gatti-man

HotHamWater said:
If you've played any other MMO ever, then you know TOR's gameplay. Perhaps with the exception of the space stuff.

Personally I find that disappointing.
I honestly don't see how you would pull off star wars combat any other way. It has to be diceroll.

Bamboozle

Neo Member
"IF" I do play this game itll have to be on a pvp server. Since I will be a Bounty Hunter, it would be very easy to post player bounties in game.

I miss SWG before they tried to Wowify it. I havent really played TOR too much yet however. I have all day tomorrow to play.

Sigfodr

Yaska said:
I'm reading Zahn's Allegiance. Takes place right after Yavin IV and features a squad of Stormtroopers and an 18 year old Mara Jade. Oh, and some characters from the movies.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The game looks great. i laugh at people who call this a Wow clone. i played the Wow trial lately and the quests are still utter garbage. Click !, Click Accept, Check Map, Go to Point, Kill X of Y, Turn In, Repeat 6000 times. The videos ive seen of TOR have me convinced. Even if the X of Y stuff is there things are more involved. The game is closer to KotOR than Wow, imo.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
DodgerSan said:
Player bounties have been confirmed not in by BW.

I believe there was an interview from one of the fan sites where the question of player bounties was brought up. BioWare said that they won't be in at launch, but it was one of the things that they wanted to do initially. A major reason that they are not in now is because, all things being equal, every class would have to have an equivalent task.

BioWare said that if they are able to get unique missions equivalent to every class then player bounties would probably see the light of day, I believe. For instance, smugglers would obviously be able to smuggle (perhaps go into the opposing faction restricted planets to smuggle some things in world and off-world). Same thing with the Imperial Agent, but instead of smuggling things it would be implanting devices and/or assassinating people. The force users would have quests dealing with councils and I'm not sure about the Trooper. Of course, just to be clear, BioWare never mentioned any of these possibilities but they seem logical based on the classes.

Rflagg

water_wendi said:
The game looks great. i laugh at people who call this a Wow clone. i played the Wow trial lately and the quests are still utter garbage. Click !, Click Accept, Check Map, Go to Point, Kill X of Y, Turn In, Repeat 6000 times. The videos ive seen of TOR have me convinced. Even if the X of Y stuff is there things are more involved. The game is closer to KotOR than Wow, imo.
That is the impression I get as well kotor with an mmo added on top. I like mmorpgs and I love kotor so my biggest concerns are getting too addicted and wanting to try literally every class.

Shrinnan said:
I believe there was an interview from one of the fan sites where the question of player bounties was brought up. BioWare said that they won't be in at launch, but it was one of the things that they wanted to do initially. A major reason that they are not in now is because, all things being equal, every class would have to have an equivalent task.

BioWare said that if they are able to get unique missions equivalent to every class then player bounties would probably see the light of day, I believe. For instance, smugglers would obviously be able to smuggle (perhaps go into the opposing faction restricted planets to smuggle some things in world and off-world). Same thing with the Imperial Agent, but instead of smuggling things it would be implanting devices and/or assassinating people. The force users would have quests dealing with councils and I'm not sure about the Trooper. Of course, just to be clear, BioWare never mentioned any of these possibilities but they seem logical based on the classes.

This sounds like a perfect max level+ content update for a bit further down the line.

MaddenNFL64

If you saw the last Jedi Consular vids, even the fucking things you click on to gather for your quest have cutscenes with dialogue conversations, music & shit. Crazy, I said crazy!

It's KOTOR as an MMO to me. Looks so much like it.

Pat

There are some new links for character creation videos in the comments of the last update, if anyone is interested. Worth the shot.

And I was thinking about joining the NA guild too, but do you plan to be on an east or west server?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the screens in OP.

Jira

Rflagg said:
That is the impression I get as well kotor with an mmo added on top. I like mmorpgs and I love kotor so my biggest concerns are getting too addicted and wanting to try literally every class.

My problem is that I KNOW I'm gonna play every class to the cap.

bjaelke

dogmanstaruk said:
Thanks...but Rebel Scum?

oh noes!
stormtrooper.jpg

Yaska

Morn said:
Which really sucks. No fun reason to play a BH now.
But there are nothing barring you from creating a player-run system on bounties :p Example: Make a website where people hit person's name and amount they're paying for his head, then shoot a screenshot and first to come will claim the bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom