• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan announced

Walshicus

If Star Trek Online's Delta Quadrant expansion wasn't a week away I'd be all over this. I've been looking for a reason to get back into TOR.

Lucifon

It's worth noting the 12x xp boost for pre-ordering is for subscribers. So if you're thinking of pre-ordering for the boost then jumping in on F2P, think again.

Wasn't one of the major themes of KOTOR 2 that Revan thought the Republic was probably doing more harm then good in preparing for
the True Sith
or whatever it was?

I could see a few ways a quality writer could make this work.

DiscoJer

It's worth noting the 12x xp boost for pre-ordering is for subscribers. So if you're thinking of pre-ordering for the boost then jumping in on F2P, think again.

Yeah, I was briefly excited then I realized that. I would pre-order the expansion just for the 12x boost, but not re-sub.

I finished the storylines on a dark side (BH) and light side (consular) and would love to do the other classes, but it's just so awful doing all the side quests over again. I don't know why, but it is. And I guess BW knows this, otherwise they wouldn't do this.

Cystm

Some new screens from the New York Cantina tour, via Dulfy.net.

The Planet Rishi:
itUWuWUHqsHqq.jpg
ibtIpvW64McxJt.jpg
iOPNGkd637Ur3.jpg

And the Rishi species:

There are more shots at the link above. I like the look of the new planet, but the new species, while unique looking, is not my cup of tea.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yeah, I was briefly excited then I realized that. I would pre-order the expansion just for the 12x boost, but not re-sub.

I finished the storylines on a dark side (BH) and light side (consular) and would love to do the other classes, but it's just so awful doing all the side quests over again. I don't know why, but it is. And I guess BW knows this, otherwise they wouldn't do this.
Just pay the $15 for a month sub like me, then cancel the recurring subscription. I plan to run through like 3 class quests in that time. For what you can do on that time, it's certainly a fair price

FUCK, i misread the thread title and thought a new KOTOR game is coming.

Damn, that hurts.
Lol, I read it like that too, but immediately thought it would be a mobile game since it would be too good to be true to have a new full fledged KOTOR game. Then I opened the thread and saw the pics and for a fraction of a second I thought damn, it's not a mobile game but a new full fledged KOTOR game. But then I quickly realized that no wait, it's the MMO obviously. Lol.

Anyway, haven't really followed SWTOR and probably won't due to its MMO nature, but the expansion seems interesting. At times the thought of just getting the game and playing through the story is kind of tempting. But still, I dunno.

Moff

At times the thought of just getting the game and playing through the story is kind of tempting. But still, I dunno.

you can do that completely for free, just try it out and pick the jedi knight class, it's what comes closest to KOTOR3.
it's also the MMO with the most satisfying single player experience in my opinion.

MMO content is completely optional.

Acosta

Depends on how fast you are. You could probably hit 55 in a day with this boost if you steamroll.

Probably two or three days of solid play at most. Did you play Imperial Agent yet? If so play through the Imperial Agent story, it's very well done.

I'm resubbing to play through a storyline over a weekend and then to play GSF with my wife (who is insanely good at that mode).

Thanks! Yes I have heard Imperial Agent was the greatest path story wise. I was inquisitor in my first run and was pretty cool, but I lost the will to play at 27 or so.

I think I'm going to give it a run.

Xamdou

Damn I honestly thought Bioware was in the process of make a true KOTOR 3 sequel, but instead is planning to release a "Revan" expansion of SWTOR just to milk the franchise even further.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Damn I honestly thought Bioware was in the process of make a true KOTOR 3 sequel, but instead is planning to release a "Revan" expansion of SWTOR just to milk the franchise even further.

Yeah, those of us playing the MMO really hate that they're providing us new content. Sucks man :(

Syf

Banned
Why isnt everyone excited, we get a new Kotor game starring Revan
Because if it isn't a singleplayer RPG then it can't be good! They're going to wreck Revan's story! I know this because.. because my dad works for Bioware? Yeah! I already know what's going to happen and it sucks.

Have they said anything about new strongholds for the new expansion? A stronghold on Rishi would be pretty cool. Though, I'm still saving my money for a Manaan stronghold, if they ever make one.

Top Bottom