• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars VIII: Name of new Planet revealed (Crait)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkeband

Banned
Wooden-Crates-psd49041.png

“It ends up playing a key role in the movie,” he says, adding that the Resistance fighters — flying in the skimmers seen in the trailer — “show up where they have to deal with a very pressing and immediate.”

Pressing and immediate what?

So Hoth battle 2.0 in a desert. Ok.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's junky speeders defending a walker assault on a planet made to look like not-Hoth. Very much does look like another retread tbh.
Good that you have watched the entirety of all two seconds to be able to make a statement like this already

Hagi

Pretty much. You know what made the Walker assault (defense) on Scarif not look like Hoth? X-Wings.

The whole thing is different not just because the use of X-Wings. This is probably going to be different as well. Walkers plus ships does not equal a retread especially based on two seconds of footage.

The whole thing is different not just because the use of X-Wings. This is probably going to be different as well. Walkers plus ships does not equal a retread especially based on two seconds of footage.

No but you can always come up with conclusions, especially with how TFA played out (and I loved that movie too)

I do hope I'm wrong though.

Hagi

No but you can always come up with conclusions, especially with how TFA played out (and I loved that movie too)

I do hope I'm wrong though.

I think we'll get something better than tying some giant robot legs up and blowing one up with a thermal detonator.

KmR47k.gif

Are they unable to come up with new ideas for visual shots? This one seems so reminiscent of the shot from Takodana in TFA.

Doesn't the rest of the trailer answer your question?

Doesn't the rest of the trailer answer your question?

Well, my question was more rhetorical, really. Obviously they can do different kinds of visual shots. It just seems odd to have pushed the X-Wing shot as one of the primary shots in trailers for TFA, and then now having a strikingly similar visual in this shot from Crait being pushed in a TLJ trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom