• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT2| The Future Is Near

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
mIpp8Vm.gif

StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm Expansion Official Thread (Wings of Liberty Required)

qbHW505.png

Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Release Date: March 12, 2013
Platforms: PC & Mac
Genre: Real Time Strategy
Modes: Single Player & Multiplayer

GRXwDcR.png

Welcome to The Hive Mind
You are Sarah Kerrigan, former Queen of Blades. Once the most feared entity in the galaxy, you now wait in a cell in the depths of a high-security research laboratory. Before the murderous forces of the Terran Dominion close in, you must plot your escape to the dark reaches of space… and reclaim your living empire at the Heart of the Swarm.

• The First Expansion to StarCraft 2 (Wings of Libery is required for Heart of the Swarm)
  • Brand new Campaign with about 20 missions
  • New Zerg evolutions throughout the campaign
  • Crazy addictive multiplayer yo
  • More #ESPORTS

3PGesPS.png

The Story So Far... (Thanks to ZealousD)

73vJUj5.png

Legacy of the Void Beta Thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1023769

DXIbO.gif

Fin

Man its been over a few years since HOTS came out and we got to OT2! :D

Considering the community size I'm pretty proud of that. My PC parts should be in by next week so I can start playing more LOTV beta. I probably won't go back to HOTS unless its to play Campaign at this point. But....! If you guys ever decide a date for a SC2 night, let me know and I'll be there. Monday and Tuesday evening are the best times for me. Or Sunday night.

Syf

Banned
We made it :')

I've just started replaying the campaigns to get ready for Legacy. Hyped for blizzcon with the strong lineup there, and it'll be the first one I attend live. Hopefully it'll be a strong final tournament for HotS.

Catching up on some GSL I missed. Loved Innovation trying to go for the hilariously early 3rd CC while up 2-0. Reminds me when Life 9pooled him when he was up 2-0.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gotta make it before LotV!

Wedge7

Oh man, that SoS reverse all kill in Proleague playoffs. smh...and it was all going so good with the Flash 3-0 as well. Fuck that guy and his sick builds. I think the coach lied and told him that the winners would get 100k. The crazy thing was he made it look easy.

Oh man, that SoS reverse all kill in Proleague playoffs. smh...and it was all going so good with the Flash 3-0 as well. Fuck that guy and his sick builds. I think the coach lied and told him that the winners would get 100k. The crazy thing was he made it look easy.

That Colossi drop with 2 Warp Prisms against Zest was amazing. Zest was basically slightly ahead that entire game until that moment and then his brain died not knowing how to react.

Wedge7

That Colossi drop with 2 Warp Prisms against Zest was amazing. Zest was basically slightly ahead that entire game until that moment and then his brain died not knowing how to react.

Yea, for sure. Man, bad few days for Zest. Knocked out of the GSL in convincing fashion by Innovation, and then drops the ball against SoS 2 days in a row in the playoffs.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If anybody is looking for story refreshers before LotV, there are the SC1 and WoL refreshers in the OP. The HotS story is also on my YouTube channel. I've also started uploading the story from the Whispers of Oblivion prologue.

I actually forgot about this. Tried playing a cash game here locally for the first time and had a ton of fun. The person with the dealer button got to choose what hold'em game to play up to 5 card Omaha. Also learned how to play Pineapple and Crazy Pineapple.

Tekniqs

lol i would have been up for it. didn't even realize we had OT2!

fuck...maru vs rogue 1st rd at blizzcon....Maru's zerg hasn't been too hot as of late. Hopefully dude tidy it up by November.

BTW, anyone here going to blizzcon? I'm hoping they make it so I can just buy tickets to watch sc2.....not likely tho =(

Syf

Banned
BTW, anyone here going to blizzcon? I'm hoping they make it so I can just buy tickets to watch sc2.....not likely tho =(
I'm going yeah. Think they already said they won't sell additional tickets this year though.. shame. I doubt the crowd can be as good as it was last year when they filled the arena. I'm just excited to go though it'll be my first time at a live pro event for SC2.

Shahadan

I'm playing WoL for the first time, and as I'm mainly interested in the campaign, I've been doing that for a few days. I like how it's constructed and the various gimmicks for each map, I have fun.

But wtf at the writing and story. Some Michael Bay moments toward the end. And it feels disjointed. I thought I had missed a mission or something when no one questionned Valerian or even how he came up with an device using an unknown artifact....or how he knew how to "save" kerrigan.
Oh well...is Heart of the Swarm the same? :|

Edit: Three missions into HotS...I guess I have my answer :lol:

Syf

Banned
Yeahh the writing isn't so good lol, but the mission design itself is pretty great throughout. The preview stuff we've seen for LotV has been good though, maybe it'll be better for the last chapter.

Syf

Banned
Also some good news about map hacking and other cheats in LotV:
Blizzard was already on top of addressing the map hacking for LotV. Their solutions won't be implemented until the actual LotV client goes live in November, so of course people have assumed that LotV still has the map hacking issue.
Edit: To clarify - I'm not saying "Blizzard have solved the problem, no more hackers!" I'm saying that they showed us some pretty comprehensive steps to address the issue. We weren't given enough details to definitively say what the climate will be like post launch, but I'm confident most hacker claims post November will be paranoia.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/...oftware_engineer_no_longer_appears_as/cvkgdrg

Syf

Banned
I just got a Legacy of the Void Beta key in my e-mail.

What exactly can I do in the Beta??

Is it just multiplayer?
You can access vs AI games through custom maps and there's a few LotV prologue missions. Other than that yeah it's just the multiplayer.

shandy706

You can access vs AI games through custom maps and there's a few LotV prologue missions. Other than that yeah it's just the multiplayer.

Cool, I was going to pass on the code if it was only multiplayer.

I'll download it since I can do a few things outside of PvP.

Top Bottom