• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2013 - Season 3 Finals

Once again Vortix let the Pheonix get away with way too much.

HerO will rip him apart with his PvZ lol.

Anyways Maru vs soO now, so HYPED!

That was a terrible game :/. On another note what do you guys think of only going for the single spore? It reminds me of old tvts where they tried to defend banshees with only one turret. Basically they skimp on buying 3 more spores and end up losing 10-15 drones overlords queens and all sorts of stuff way more valuable than an extra spore.

Will a Protoss lose today?

If they face someone who plays well enough sure.

I agree about what WCS did to HOTS. Everyone was so excited especially after that big first MLG. Then WCS just brought this huge wave of negativity over the scene and the cloud still hasn't lifted.

Without WCS, the scene would even be dead-er than it is now. WCS is just fine. The main issue has just been: the casual player base isn't big enough PLUS not enough new and upcoming talent.

But: all in all, the game is just trucking on, and maybe it's time to just enjoy and stop the alarmist 'dead game' stuff.

Without WCS, the scene would even be dead-er than it is now. WCS is just fine.

I disagree but i don't really want to get into that here.

Edit: And i watch more SC2 than pretty much anyone else on the planet lol. I am sitting back and enjoying it, i still like to discuss what can improve things.

Well Duckdeok won easily lol. Byul not winning is a relief to Naniwa lol.

Anyways Maru vs soO finally! So happy about this match! GO MARU! Our only hope for a Terran in the Winners match lol.

Two baneling nests but no baneling speed.

Wut?

LOL I think by then he couldn't afford it.

70+ drones killed.... god Maru is a Zerg army's worst nightmare or rather a drone and banelings worst nightmare lol.

Hack vs MC, sorry Hack but I gotta cheer for the BossToss.

Wait, did soO actually say this?

I fucking hate this clown.

Yeah it was during the Season 2 OSL of WCS with the BO1 and soO barely won the match was the hilarious part. He was trash talking and saying Prime was an easy team. Then Maru went on to pwn Effort and sOs and take the OSL championship.

SamuraiX-

"I will show you guys this weekend why I am BossToss."

Thank goodness they brought back Day9 for the winners matches. I like Goswser and all but he doesn't have the charisma to be a caster.

"I will show you guys this weekend why I am BossToss."

Thank goodness they brought back Day9 for the winners matches. I like Goswser and all but he doesn't have the charisma to be a caster.

I don't really like him anyway. He definitely shouldn't be a caster, i don't think i've ever heard somewhere with a more boring voice. Then again they still give gretorp a job so i guess they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Aww MC should have just backed off and waited for HTs with a contain.

Also I do wish Husky casted at these events more. The guy brings so much energy and personality to the scene. Better than Goswser imo.

Aww MC should have just backed off and waited for HTs with a contain.

Also I do wish Husky casted at these events more. The guy brings so much energy and personality to the scene. Better than Goswser imo.

You could put a scarecrow in the booth and it would bring more energy and excitement to the cast. I agree though i prefer husky to guys like him. Husky at least brings some excitement and he is a popular figure in SC2 as well.

Don't know why MC forced that, he could have just macrod up. 3 bunkers was just too many to move into there.

Lol at that scv pull. He was against a maxed out protoss army with 4 collosi and psi storm. Hacks macro is pretty poor, MC was WAY ahead on probes before he even went in with blink. I think he was 12 probes up when he went for that attack.

HoodWinked

Lol at that scv pull. He was against a maxed out protoss army with 4 collosi and psi storm. Hacks macro is pretty poor, MC was WAY ahead on probes before he even went in with blink. I think he was 12 probes up when he went for that attack.

it almost worked actually. psi storm just barely finished mid battle.

Toss and Zergs are supposed to be ahead in workers on 2 bases which is why we have MULES.

Yeah I do agree that Hack's macro was a bit poor.

MC win this and get to the RO8!

it almost worked actually. psi storm just barely finished mid battle.

Which was early enough, i don't think it was that close. Even if he got the 3rd it wasn't over.

Toss and Zergs are supposed to be ahead in workers on 2 bases which is why we have MULES.

For sure but normally it's by like 4-5 probes not 10+. Normally terran gets ahead on supply as well, MC got way up supply on 2 base.

lol, MC plays the crowd so well.

Yep, love the way he gets the crowd hyped. The scene could use more players like him.

Did you not watch the WCS America final?

Um, he has arguably the best TvZ on the planet right now.

Ehhh i don't know about that. That finals was exciting but byul isn't really on the same level as the top zergs in TvZ imo. I don't think polts TvZ is even close to the best in the world. That generic build he does has a fair few weaknesses which suppy showed well the other day.

I'm tipping soulkey but then again i thought MC had little chance against him so how knows.

Hoodwinked you must have confused Polt for some other Terran that struggled against Z.

Anyways GOD DANG MC! Bosstoss indeed.

HT control in the top 2 hahahaha. Bosstoss is best toss. Seriously good English and a great personality.

Polt vs Soulkey tomorrow will be amazing along with JD vs MMA.

Then we have HerO vs Vortix and soO vs Byul.

So happy about the finals matches even though Polt, MMA and JD falling to losers.

I'm hopeing soO is knocked out by Byul while Oz is knocked down by Dear.

Revival's spot is pretty much gone once Dear or Oz makes RO8 lol.

Its Naniwa that we have to watch out for now.

Trap vs Genius should go either way.

Maru vs Duckdeok is gonna be nice. Aggressive match between the 2.

Wait so how is this format going to work? Hoping they won't do all the winners matches first because that means there would be 2 pvp's coming up.

HoodWinked

Um, he has arguably the best TvZ on the planet right now.

Did you not watch the WCS America final?

those matches with byul were exciting because they were so evenly matched. in those matches polt relied on one build and against muta bane ling hes nowhere near as good with mmmm as maru or innovation. there were multiple times where he was focusing on his two prong aggression and banes would just roll into all his marines. polt is one of my favorite terrans so its not any disrespect i see hes human.

SamuraiX-

Ehhh i don't know about that. That finals was exciting but byul isn't really on the same level as the top zergs in TvZ imo. I don't think polts TvZ is even close to the best in the world. That generic build he does has a fair few weaknesses which suppy showed well the other day.

Top 3 easily. Besides INnoVation and TaeJa, you can't really say that anybody else is better at the matchup.

Wait so how is this format going to work? Hoping they won't do all the winners matches first because that means there would be 2 pvp's coming up.

Yup all the winners matches finish tonight.

those matches with byul were exciting because they were so evenly matched. in those matches polt relied on one build and against muta bane ling hes nowhere near as good with mmmm as maru or innovation. there were multiple times where he was focusing on his two prong aggression and banes would just roll into all his marines.

But thats what most Terrans are relying on and Polt just made it an art form.

Yeah Polt's macro is a bit bad but the guy is an insanely good position based player.

Kinda like Fantasy but better. Anyways Polt is good, he won a GSL and WCS AM twice vs Zergs. He studies for College as well at the same time and has a awesome jacket.

In other words, Polt is awesome, vs Zergs especially.

Top 3 easily. Besides INnoVation and TaeJa, you can't really say that anybody else is better at the matchup.

I'd put maru ahead and probably MMA on current form. I think most WCS korea terrans would be on a similar level. Polt really relies on one build and i'm not sure it's that strong. Suppy really showed how to beat it and i think polt will have to change things up at some point.

Yup all the winners matches finish tonight.

Argh pvp >.<. I like it but 2 in a row is a bit much.

But thats what most Terrans are relying on and Polt just made it an art form.

Yeah Polt's macro is a bit bad but the guy is an insanely good position based player.

Kinda like Fantasy but better. Anyways Polt is good, he won a GSL and WCS AM twice vs Zergs. He studies for College as well at the same time and has a awesome jacket.

In other words, Polt is awesome, vs Zergs especially.

There is no question that polt is awesome :D. Always been a fan of polt and he has generally always been underated (even when he wont he super tournament). I miss his rivalry with stephano.

SamuraiX-

Day9 is saving us from these god awful 1-base PvPs.

Polt really relies on one build and i'm not sure it's that strong. Suppy really showed how to beat it and i think polt will have to change things up at some point.

I missed their match. Did they ever release VODs? Probably can just find it on the TaKeTV past broadcasts.

Top Bottom