• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2013 - Season 3 Finals

Keikaku

I'd put maru ahead and probably MMA on current form. I think most WCS korea terrans would be on a similar level. Polt really relies on one build and i'm not sure it's that strong. Suppy really showed how to beat it and i think polt will have to change things up at some point.

There is no question that polt is awesome :D. Always been a fan of polt and he has generally always been underated (even when he wont he super tournament). I miss his rivalry with stephano.
It's worth pointing out that Polt had internet issues during the match. He complained about it on Twitter afterwards which is really rare for him.

Good matches so far!

Genius going one cheese too many. Also dat forcefield o_O.

I missed their match. Did they ever release VODs? Probably can just find it on the TaKeTV past broadcasts.

Yeah i'm not sure about the vods, it was mostly only standard safe play anyway. He just went 4 queens (i think) took no damage from the hellions/reapers and kept pretty strong creep spread. From there it mostly felt like he would stay ahead. Very close series though.

It's worth pointing out that Polt had internet issues during the match. He complained about it on Twitter afterwards which is really rare for him.

Good matches so far!

Suppy was talking about it on his stream and apparently that build is all the rage on the Korean server right now but he said he wins against it most times. Personally i still think it is extremely susceptible to cheese. Double reaper into hellions into viking doesn't seem very safe if you're facing someone like hyvaa or hyun.

Edit: The lag does make sense as suppy was getting surrounds on the hellions and reapers more often then you would expect.

SamuraiX-

Suck on it, Genius!

I loved how Trap pulled his army back when Genius tried to bait him out by attacking his 4th and Trap just pulled back and sniped Colossi with the Tempests. Beautiful.

Really happy to see Trap doing well. Been following the kid for a while and I'm a big fan of his play style.

Man I cannot wait till the entire RO8 is finalized. Naniwa depends on it because Revival was just knocked out with Dear or Oz getting 1000 points in RO8 depending on who wins this match.

SamuraiX-

I liked Dear back in WoL when he was a decent pickup on your Proleague fantasy team... now he's just an arrogant flaming douche.

They have to get through the RO8 to knock him out though don't they?

Nope, you automatically get 1000 points for being in the top 8. 1500 points for the ones that get 3rd an 4th. 2000 for 2nd and 3000 for 1st place.

So Dear or Oz has 1000 points added to their score right after this match and more the farther that person goes.

Revival doesn't have enough to stop Oz or Dear from beating him in points. Naniwa can hang on to 16th place.

It all depends on tomorrow.

Nope, you automatically get 1000 points for being in the top 8. 1500 points for the ones that get 3rd an 4th. 2000 for 2nd and 3000 for 1st place.

So Dear or Oz have 1000 added to their score right after this match and more the farther they go.

Revival doesn't have enough to stop Oz or Dear from beating him in points. Naniwa can hang on to 16th place.

It all depends on tomorrow.

What i mean is even if dear or Oz win now they're still behind naniwa and revival on points. They would need to get through the next round to overtake them.

They don't actually get 1000 points after this match, 500 was added at the beginning with 250 for the first win and another 250 if they win here.

What i mean is even if dear or Oz win now they're still behind naniwa and revival on points. They would need to get through the next round to overtake them.

They don't actually get 1000 points after this match, 500 was added at the beginning with 250 for the first win and another 250 if they win here.

You get 1000 points even if you lose in the RO8.

If you are the top 2 in each group you get to the RO8. The RO8 gives 1000 points to the players that lose in it.

3rd place finishers in each group get 750 points and 4th place finish in each group gets 500 points.

1000 points make up the difference between Oz and Dear's score with Revival who has 3175 and Naniwa with 3200.

Dear would be 50 points above Naniwa since Dear has 2350.

If you are the top 2 in each group you get to the RO8. The RO8 gives 1000 points to the players that lose in it.

3rd place finishers in each group get 750 points and 4th place finish in each group gets 500 points.

1000 points make up the difference between Oz and Dear's score with Revival who has 3175 and Naniwa with 3200.

I'm just going by the liquipedia page. They have Dear on 2500 points and Oz on 2600 points and they have already given them 750 points for this tournament. So when they win this game they should only receive a further 250 points which would still leave them just behind naniwa and revival.

I'm pretty certain that Oz, dear and soo have to reach the round of 4 to actually get in front of revival and naniwa.

Edit: That's what it seems to say in that blizzcon probabilities thread on team liquid as well.

Won

The list on the official site already has the 500 points for attending the finals added to it. So whoever gets top 8 on there still only gets 500 more points for the total of 1000.
No idea why Blizzard did that, but that's Blizzard for you.

SamuraiX-

Oz is currently at 2600 WCS Points (#18) and Dear has 2500 points (#20). That's including 750 points both of them have already been awarded for making it to the winners match in the group stage. If either of them advance to the quarterfinals, they would only be awarded 250 points at this point. If neither of the two advance any further than the Ro8, they won't displace Revival for 16th place in the rankings.

The list on the official site already has the 500 points for attending the finals added to it. So whoever gets top 8 on there still only gets 500 more points for the total of 1000.

They add on the points as soon as they have been earned, makes sense to me.

SamuraiX-

LOL Dear

Trash talking clown.

I love the turnout of all the trash talkers getting their assess handed to them today.

Except MC. He's actually cool. <3

WHATT!!!!!!! I did not know this at all! WTF this totally caught me off guard.

Then..... OMG NANIWA! You have a high chance of making it to Blizzcon!

I mean Oz still has a chance to knock you out along with maybe one other person if they get 1st and 2nd place but that is unlikely with MC already in RO8 lol.

Anyways Maru vs Duckdeok! Go MARU!

Why do Terrans proxy Rax at that position?

I never understand it. It's so easy to scout it's ridiculous.

Yeah and it doesn't really have to be THAT close. I'm surprised duck didn't just pull 2 or 3 probes and just shut it down all together but either way he's just so far ahead.

SamuraiX-

This is a pretty damn entertaining for a game that should've ended at the 2 minute mark.

Maru's comeback is really impressive.

Yeah i really think he shouldn't have let those barracks get up but even once they did it shouldn't have mattered. Something like a blink allin would have been unstoppable and the quick 3rd should have won the game anyway. If duckdeok can't win from there this will be a tough series.

WTF Did that really happen? o_O! Like WTF! Duckdeok you just threw the match so HARD!

Like holy shit I cannot believe Maru could win that.

How the fuck did duckdeok lose with 3/3 vs 1/1?

Well for a start he never built a single cannon in the whole game and didn't leave templar for defense. He just had no way to deal with marus multi pronged harass.

I'm more concerned how he let a player fail a proxy 2 rax and go into 3 CC without just killing him.

HOLY GOD OF TERRAN! MarineGodPrime! Or MaruGodPrime!

All the games were close until Maru started dropping like a madman!

Except Game 2 of course.

God best play yet in the tournament.

HOLY GOD OF TERRAN! MarineGodPrime! Or MaruGodPrime!

All the games were close until Maru started dropping like a madman!

Except Game 2 of course.

God best play yet in the tournament.

I didn't see many other games today but his play in games 1 and 3 weren't all that good, Duckdeok was just terrible.

Top Bottom