• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield doesn't have DLSS at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

Are you using Internet Explorer?
We already knew this months ago.
Old news.

New news. It was speculation before, though realistically, most of us knew it was probably true... but it was finally confirmed when the embargo lifted.

Starfield became yet another AMD sponsor title that lacked DLSS at launch, sad to see it.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
New news. It was speculation before, though realistically, most of us knew it was probably true... but it was finally confirmed when the embargo lifted.

Starfield became yet another AMD sponsor title that lacked DLSS at launch, sad to see it.

Nope, we knew. The speculation was if AMD would have FSR3 ready to go for launch.

AMD and Bethesda downgrade Starfield to FSR only, I downgrade from actually buying it to maybe playing it on Gamepass in a few months when there are some good mods out. Simple.

I'm too busy with Armored Core 6 right now anyways.

j0hnnix

No Way Wow GIF

Leonidas

Can't imagine not buying a game because of a lack of a certain upscaler. That means I would have skipped out on Elden Ring and RE4. It sucks but I won't boycott over it.
Elden Ring and RE4 both run at ~100 FPS max settings on my rig, no upscaling needed (though DLSS would have been nice to improve performance further).

The only benchmark I found of Starfield said it runs at only 56 FPS (max settings ) on my machine, meaning I would have to hope I somehow can tune the settings to get it to run a lot better while still looking good, or I'd have to use upscaling.

Demanding games like this should have the best upscaling options in place. FSR2 at 1440p is trash.

yamaci17

FSR is garbage. DLSS masterace!!!!!1111
And I'm not joking.
its true. FSR is a fizzle garbage at 1440p

it is only acceptable at 4K. but my 8 gb vram won't push 4K.

dlss even produces clean and non fizzling image at 1080p. and 1440p is preem. fsr is unusable at 1440p output target

Lots of people apparently care, since most reviewers think the game is great. It's also the number one seller on Steam at the moment, so it's got that going for it.
I don't think so mister...

well at least MS reviewers are great, not the common one. it 's worse than what I tought it would be. I was thinking it would hit 85 or 90. And no, I see a lot of pros giving it 75 to 80. All that money spend by MS for that! All that drama for fhat!

MS give me my money back! You suck MS!

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’m not even going to use upscaling on this game. Still not sure why all of you are so into it. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom