• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Official Xbox Series HDD Expansion Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB Starfield Special Edition External USB 3.2 Gen 1

Portable Hard Drive up for preorder at Best Buy ($109.99) https://bit.ly/3qAoi9Z

FyUSXcqXwAA573f
FyUSb2AXgAEMtxv
FyUSlEiXwAExsEk

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FYI Seagate has been making "game drives" like this for years, this is just another one of those with Starfield branding.

You can use it to play all legacy games and as cold storage for native SX games, but yeah this is not one of those SSD expansion cards.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
FYI Seagate has been making "game drives" like this for years, this is just another one of those with Starfield branding.

You can use it to play all legacy games and as cold storage for native SX games, but yeah this is not one of those SSD expansion cards.
That's why this os so bad, selling an HDD at the price of an SSD

sendit

Keeping that 3.5 spindle drive alive. What is with Microsoft’s fascination with legacy performance?

scydrex

What the hell... who asked for this? Not even a 2.5 ssd? Lol. This is DOA right 🤣 oh on top of that Seagate HDD? Even worse.

Last edited:
What even is a Seagate?

When I think Seagate I think being trapped in a flooded room with the gate closed with no way out. I want to be alive.

So I don't buy their products to stay safe.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some Series-enhanced games can be played off HDDs. I have no clue about Starfield though.

Any game that is gen9aware will work on external USBs too. These are games that are not native but have some feature unlocking enhanced BC patches.

Eg Mass Effect Legendary runs at 4K/60 or 1440p/120 FPS on Series X but it is piggybacking off the One X game so in the file info it shows as gen9aware and runs via external USBs.

There's a bunch of other games that do that like AC Origin, Odyssey and some more.

Gorgon

What we need is a 2T SSD for the storage expansion port at decent prices. Why the fuck are they releasing a HHD. Jesus christ.

Top Bottom