• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield planets got nerfed by Bethesda, Todd Howard explains why

StereoVsn

Planet exploration and lack of vehicles sure got nerfed. As well as variety of buildings and enemy placements. You will address these shortcomings, right Todd?

kLmMIZM.jpg

Uh, some of the afflictions really suck. Cough and poison to name a couple. I’ve basically just been exploring and some of the high level planets have enemies with poison attacks and they really suck. Your health ticks down and just moving can deplete oxygen.

But you can probably just ignore most of them. I’m assume there will be a hardcore mode eventually.

Pimpbaa

Good cause the current environmental afflictions are a pain in the ass enough as they are now. Why the fuck would dust storms bother my breathing when I’m in a freakin space suit?! And frostbite, is there no thermal regulations in your suit? Current NASA suits can protect against both of that. I could understand radiation and corrosiveness being a problem, but not the other shit.

edit: extreme heat would be a real problem too.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I love it. Similar to how they nerfed the research facilities and mines to mirror others so I do not have to learn new layouts and know exactly where I need to go for loot crates and enemies.

Top Bottom