• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield releases September 6, 2023

feynoob

Banned
This is not a dig against Todd. Just a fear of the game being made by comitee like a Ubisoft game. Fallout 76 was not what people wanted. I hope that Starfield will be a pure single player game without all the micro-transactions nonsense that Fallout 76 got.
They wanted to make fallout 76 like ESO, and zenimax management at that time needed money, due to low sales from other departments. It had immense pressure from the higher ups.

Starfield on other hand doesnt have that issue, and its mostly SP game.

The issue is you, not him.
He is chasing after his dream, which was to make a space game, and that game is this.

The man wont downgrade his dream to appeal to casuals.

He already has been doing that though lol

Have you not played morrowind in comparison to these more recent entries?

At some point, his vision was more in depth, hand written deeper as an rpg maker.

If you dont notice the recent concessions, then you are part of the problem

Bethesda/Todd hasnt earned hype in some time in my eyes lol

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
He already has been doing that though lol

Have you not played morrowind in comparison to these more recent entries?

At some point, his vision was more in depth, hand written deeper as an rpg maker.

If you dont notice the recent concessions, then you are part of the problem

Bethesda/Todd hasnt earned hype in some time in my eyes lol
Starfield is his dream project for a long time.

Matt_Fox

I have to imagine the head of the QA department for Starfield is now feeling like they’ve got one of the most pressured jobs in the industry. Xbox is quite literally going to hang their hat on this game this year now.

The original release date (which Todd H genuinely seemed to think was firm) was Nov 2022, and so they've had an additional 10 months... that's a long time for QA.

If Starfield does show up bleeding and in need of patching up on launch day like Jedi Survivor then Bethesda really will seal their reputation as Bugthesda.

They know what's at stake and I am really confident that wont happen - Starfield will be awesome from day one.

The original release date (which Todd H genuinely seemed to think was firm) was Nov 2022, and so they've had an additional 10 months... that's a long time for QA.

If Starfield does show up bleeding and in need of patching up on launch day like Jedi Survivor then Bethesda really will seal their reputation as Bugthesda.

They know what's at stake and I am really confident that wont happen - Starfield will be awesome from day one.
We’ll see. I hope they’ve changed for the better. At the same time, I don’t want them getting a free pass from reviewers any more. They need to be called out due to their history of buggy releases if Starfield doesn’t address that.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’ll be on vacation that week too. I don’t day one games, but because of GameStop’s $5 rewards I’ll be doing it for $20 out of pocket this time.

Hopefully it’s not a mess like every other game these days.

Last edited:
How likely is it that this will run well on the Deck?

If you’re okay with potato-level graphics, I’m sure it will run great. 😂

Seriously, though I wager it will take until the end of the year for it to run in Steam Deck (unless another more powerful deck drops). And even then, it likely won’t run at 1080p.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

If you’re okay with potato-level graphics, I’m sure it will run great. 😂

Seriously, though I wager it will take until the end of the year for it to run in Steam Deck (unless another more powerful deck drops). And even then, it likely won’t run at 1080p.
The ROG Ally maybe? Curious to see it run in any type of portable mode. Can’t see it being too optimized.

The ROG Ally maybe? Curious to see it run in any type of portable mode. Can’t see it being too optimized.

I think the ROG Ally looks like an impressive piece of kit, but if the game will be optimized for anything handheld, it’s the Steam Deck.

Also, as an aside, the ROG Ally doesn’t have a touchscreen right? Or does it, I can’t remember…just if the game won’t recognize it’s controller input… 🤷🏼‍♂️

Laptop1991

Starting to wonder what state the game will be released in, if it's like most of the others now, that will ruin it for me, and yeah i know Bethesda's games release with bugs, but not as bad as these new ones.

Lone Wolf

I think the ROG Ally looks like an impressive piece of kit, but if the game will be optimized for anything handheld, it’s the Steam Deck.

Also, as an aside, the ROG Ally doesn’t have a touchscreen right? Or does it, I can’t remember…just if the game won’t recognize it’s controller input… 🤷🏼‍♂️
I believe it has a touch display.

Varteras

Gold Member
U Know Flirt GIF by Wimbledon

Top Bottom