• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield releases September 6, 2023

Hugare

I'm 100% sure the game being played on the tv was inserted in post

You can't believe in Todd. Ever,

Jokes aside, it looked great from that snippet.

Will renew my GP sub in September for sure

NickFire

September 21 GIF by Earth, Wind & Fire
Credit where it’s due. So question time Obi Wan. Should we trust the stated date?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I had guessed a delay to august, but early September puts that in the ballpark.

I think September is confidence inspiring, because they're neither trying to rush it out to meet the fiscal year, nor for the holiday rush. Says to me they're willing to take the time they need, but they don't need too much.

My bad, I had no idea there were official guidelines for when not to show videogame footage in videogame trailers.
well, i mean, look at the title of the video. if you were expecting any significantly gameplay then that's on you for not being able to read properly.

wait for the gameplay trailer. or y'kno, the direct in June.

XXL

As long as its this year idc, just make sure its not broken.

Glitches and bugs will happen because its who they are but anything frustrating or game breaking will be a disaster.
This is all I want. Just don't rush it out broken.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Wait, so where's the showcase?

Also Microsoft is going to have what between May and Sept? Just Forza?

Oh Philly.

Another delay out of half 1, still no showcase. Time for Nudella to announce Spencers resignation.
Why the concern trolling? They kicked off the year with Hi-Fi Rush. Redfall is coming out in May. Forza will presumably come later, and then Starfield will finish the year. AoE IV is also coming later on Xbox.

Not an amazing year by any means but decent enough.

Last edited:

GHG

Funny that. seems to be a lot of people in here shitting on this announcement and a lot of them seem to be Sony fans.

Pathetic both sides.

Who is shitting on the announcement?

People who are factually stating that this represents a futher delay and that we are still yet to see anything tangible beyond the trailer that we got last year?

People will be happy and excited when there is something to be happy and excited about. Let's see what June brings.

ungalo

It was expected. Always knew the 12 next months thing was a lie (a stupid lie coming from Microsoft).

It doesn't bother me because this year the big releases are well spaced. Hyped for the game of course.

Kacho

Fucking showcase not til june? God, there's been like no time to build hype for this. Last gameplay trailer sucked.
The hype for a new BGS game is built in. It’s the most wishlisted game on Steam.

Regardless their plan is consistent with what they’ve done in the past. That is, do a big blowout at E3 and then launch a few months later. This showcase is the one that Todd goes into full Todd Howard mode.

Top Bottom