• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield releases September 6, 2023

The hype for a new BGS game is built in. It’s the most wishlisted game on Steam.

Regardless their plan is consistent with what they’ve done in the past. That is, do a big blowout at E3 and then launch a few months later. This showcase is the one that Todd goes into full Todd Howard mode.
I get that but recent BGS games have shown that the hype I'd not always warranted. I still imagine I'll like it, but the doubts are justified.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
X+doubt+_4a5f623c294937d155f4170980d26223.png

Mr Hyde

Great news. I'm ready for some intergalactic space adventure. I really hope it has some of that Skyrim magic, with a wonderful world (or galaxy, in this case) to explore and fun quests to embark upon. And not too many bugs at launch.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
There's plenty of off-screen game play in the B roll. The 'trailer' is just the release date announcement.

Did y'all just close the window after the release date popped up ?
"Plenty" That's generous. There's like 8 seconds of nothingness shown in a bland environment. It's fine though. I'm in it for the exploration aspect. Not the gameplay.

Lyrical

Banned
We will get that in the deep dive on 11th of June.
I’m not asking for a deep dive now. I just think it’s really odd that they can’t show a few minutes of new gameplay to go alongside the announcement. Especially as the game is supposedly ready to launch in 6 months. Is that not fucking weird?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Not really they wanted it out the door by Nov "at all costs"
And yet they are announcing a date two months before that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure these poor devs are crunching their asses off and I'm sure the game will have a usual amount of bugs and jank we expect from Bethesda, but I do think we'll be playing it on that day.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And yet they are announcing a date two months before that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure these poor devs are crunching their asses off and I'm sure the game will have a usual amount of bugs and jank we expect from Bethesda, but I do think we'll be playing it on that day.
As of right now I am 100% confident they will make the Sept release and I can't wait for this game even if it has a bug or two

reksveks

re: the delay, c'est la vie. when does Nvidia normally drop HW? I wondering if I got have an upgrade on the 3080 by then.

FBeeEye

Banned
Perfect. I didn't see how it would release before June due to other studios releasing titles in March, April and May. This was a date selected by MS marketing department 100%. MS probably wants one tent pole title per month in 2023 and November probably belongs to Hellblade II.

Finally, we're starting to see MS first party hitting its stride. It was an excruciatingly long wait thanks to Covid and MS ditching cross gen development. Now it's time for people to go through the brief footage that we saw with a fine-toothed comb up until June. June is definitely going to be a block out my calendar and buy some snacks type of month between all the showcases and the Starfield event.

This is the ONLY game I'm looking forward to in 2023 and I'll probably buy the Collector's Edition.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Is this 60fps on series x? If not I’ll burn this forum down

Judging from the off screen it appears it is

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Ha, 3 days before my birthday and I'm away that weekend for... someone else's birthday.

Top Bottom