• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | What aspect of Starfield excites you the most?

JackMcGunns

Glitch montage videos

These are always fun
SpeedyBestBonobo-size_restricted.gif

MarkMe2525

I want to see exotic Star Systems. Ones with small black holes at their center instead of actual stars, ones with neutron stars or binary star systems. Gimme the weird stuff!
Most star systems are binary, so I wonder if they will design their solar systems accordingly.

MarkMe2525

Damn, is that true? I'm a huge space nerd and I never knew that. That's wild.
Well star systems are formed from collapsed gas, and typically many stars are formed at once. Because 3-5 body systems are unstable, stars continually get slung away until the system is stable. This is usually a pair of stars. Also, it's not uncommon for 2 stars to be slung off together in a binary orbit.

So when I say most, I mean slightly above half.

Last edited:

Vox Machina

Banned

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I want to see exotic Star Systems. Ones with small black holes at their center instead of actual stars, ones with neutron stars or binary star systems. Gimme the weird stuff!
I don’t think you will get that level of weird. The developers are taking the universe building on a little bit more realistic take. I think their philosophy was, NASA, but more fun. I can’t remember the exact quote.

MarkMe2525

I don’t think you will get that level of weird. The developers are taking the universe building on a little bit more realistic take. I think their philosophy was, NASA, but more fun. I can’t remember the exact quote.
None of what he mentioned unnatural or unrealistic. It is not the norm for us, but is the norm for the universe.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Eh "Marvel's Spider-Man" is much closer to Starfield.

Indicating that "Spider-Man 2" isn't really the most often way people are searching for that game.

It's not as straightforward as having "Starfield" as the name of your game.

5s0sTCx.png

IntentionalPun

But having said that...

Starfield is absolutely a hotly anticipated title and I think a lot of people underestimate it.

Ozriel

M$FT
RRSEMQI.jpg
Vox Machina Vox Machina here is a photo I took with my telescope of the nebula on Orions Belt. You can see the cluster of stars that have recently (relatively speaking) formed.

Edit: also, binary systems are so bright and far away, we perceive them as single points. So many of the stars we see at night are actually a pair.

Awesome. Which telescope?

Vox Machina

Banned
The realization just dawned on me that we'll be able to walk on the surface of all of the terrestrial Sol-system planets and moons. I want to walk on the surface of this and get a sense of scale that just can't be conveyed via images:

IntentionalPun

Vox Machina Vox Machina : I feel like you are setting yourself up for disappointment having such lofty expectations of the space exploration. Small black holes at the center for instance? Have they said anything remotely like that?

Vox Machina

Banned
Vox Machina Vox Machina : I feel like you are setting yourself up for disappointment having such lofty expectations of the space exploration. Small black holes at the center for instance? Have they said anything remotely like that?

Nope, they haven't. And I am prepared to be disappointed in that regard if they don't delve that far into the weirdness of space. It won't detract from my enjoyment of the game. It would just be very cool if it is in there.

Everything else that we DO know we can experience is going to be mind-blowing enough. See my above post ^

Ribi

The realization just dawned on me that we'll be able to walk on the surface of all of the terrestrial Sol-system planets and moons. I want to walk on the surface of this and get a sense of scale that just can't be conveyed via images:

Idk I'm still team designated landing zones where the entire planet is not explorable

Nonehxc

Microsoft's whole bugforce dedicated to quashing and squirting all those obnoxious little fellows. 😀

If STD stood for Software Transmitted Disease...

...that grimy whore Todd Howard would have given all of us Triple Syphilis of AIDS several times over the decades.🫠

Trilobit

I want to be able to set up a shipping fleet, and not because I'm a trucker in real life.

I lied, it's entirely because I want to be a space trucker.

Hopefully there'll be Bebop mods for you!

owL6U9E.jpg

Edit: Got me thinking about Euro Truck Simulator 2 and how incredibly cozy it is to drive between European towns when the rain hits your windshield. If SF manages to tap one percent into that feel it'll be awesome. Maybe having tiny meteorites hitting the front window when you pass through an meteorite field.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

This. I think NASA Punk was their official line. They will take some liberties, but even when they do there will probably be some scientific theories behind it (like the space folding). Everything they've shown points to the scientific parts of the game being relatively grounded in reality.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Do they have that for PC?

It's play anywhere, so one purchase will give you both the Xbox and PC (Win Store) version.

-

On topic, the game is receiving adverts internationally, a first for Bethesda in Saudi

EDMIX

It's play anywhere, so one purchase will give you both the Xbox and PC (Win Store) version.

-

On topic, the game is receiving adverts internationally, a first for Bethesda in Saudi

I'm asking if they have that Constellation Edition for PC, I have no desire to interact with the Windows store lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I understand it is available for Steam, what I'm asking is if buying this edition comes with the actual PC version of the game.

Cause it has a steelbook case and if its something that is digital and the steelbook is just for the feelz, I'll still order it, I just want to make sure buying this version actually comes with a PC game lol

Oh, no I think they already clarified before that the PC version is not on disc(s), its digital only.

EDMIX

Oh, no I think they already clarified before that the PC version is not on disc(s), its digital only.

angry face

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7PLDR23/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm trying to see if this comes with some digital code, as they show a PC version for this, but....why? lol

Ok even it says digital game download, so it looks like this version does come with the game, I just wonder if its the steam version or not, either way its sold out and I'm triggered lol

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
angry face

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7PLDR23/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm trying to see if this comes with some digital code, as they show a PC version for this, but....why? lol

Ok even it says digital game download, so it looks like this version does come with the game, I just wonder if its the steam version or not, either way its sold out and I'm triggered lol

On Dutch website bol.com it says that it comes with digital copy for Steam.

Pelta88

When do you guys expect the Starfield marketing to kick in. Obviously among the core, it's a known entity. But beyond that not so much. For a game with a lot of weight (unjustly imo) on it's shoulders I was expecting TV, Print, Billboards, and social media to kick in like the XBOX of old.

So far it's just people posting the preorder bonuses. On the other site they're literally crying about the lack of marketing. Doom and glooming but we're a month out so there's still time for a good marketing campaign to kick in.

Last edited:
When do you guys expect the Starfield marketing to kick in. Obviously among the core, it's a known entity. But beyond that not so much. For a game with a lot of weight (unjustly imo) on it's shoulders I was expecting TV, Print, Billboards, and social media to kick in like the XBOX of old.

So far it's just people posting the preorder bonuses. On the other site they're literally crying about the lack of marketing. Doom and glooming but we're a month out so there's still time for a good marketing campaign to kick in.
I don't watch television, but Starfield ads have been all over my YouTube algorithm since the Direct.

Pelta88

I don't watch television, but Starfield ads have been all over my YouTube algorithm since the Direct.

You do realize that YT's algo is based on the content you choose watch and not an actual marketing campaign, right?

Like if you search for vids of lions, or happen to click on one, the algo will bombard you with lion vids until you click on something else.

Ozriel

M$FT
When do you guys expect the Starfield marketing to kick in. Obviously among the core, it's a known entity. But beyond that not so much.

It already has, with the Starfield Direct. At this point, it’s not exactly an obscure upcoming title.

What we expect is for a ramp up in marketing, and certainly I’d be looking to Microsoft to deliver more on that front. They’ve screwed up marketing in the past for several games, but i don’t think even they would drop the ball with Starfield.

The complaints I see are largely about Xbox failing to capitalize on the Starfield hype to sell Series X hardware via special editions, bundles etc. not about the game itself.

It’s occupied higher positions in wishlists and preorders than Baldur’s Gate 3 on Steam, and see how successful that game has been. At this point, it would take a major slip up on Todd Howard’s end for Starfield not to be a success.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m so torn on if I want to start off trying to play only in first person, or give third person a shot early. I hope we get another preview before launch that shows more third person gameplay.

Top Bottom