• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Will Not Have Mod Support On PC At Launch; Will Be Added Later On, Confirms Pete Hines

Bernoulli

M2 slut
And confirms mods on Xbox

Speaking in a recent interview with Vandal, Pete Hines has confirmed that Starfield will not have mod support on PC at launch, but there will be mods after launch. Todd Howard said a while ago that the game will have “full mod support” similar to Bethesda‘s other games. Hines specified that they haven’t expanded on when exactly that will be, but players will get mods on both PC and Xbox after launch.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Roxkis_ii

Welp, that saves me some money in the short term. Good luck to everyone else relying on Bethesda polish.

Edit: Never mind, their talking about official mods

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Thats not what it sounds like
Hablando de contenido, ¿habrá soporte para mods en PC en el lanzamiento?

En el lanzamiento no. Como hemos dicho, habrá mods después del lanzamiento. No hemos dicho cuándo, pero definitivamente los habrá, como siempre hemos hecho, en PC, y podrás usar mods tanto en PC como en Xbox.

Last edited:
*insert concern trolling here*
You console warriors don't realize that Bethesda is dependent on mods for their long term prospects?

I hope this is just implying no mod support for consoles. If it means no mod supports for PC then who is going to fix their bugs for them? I can say for real that it is not worth buying until the mods are available.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Probably talking about that shitty, worthless creation club. I'm sure you can still throw some good old ESPs in the folder and make everyone's tits bigger.

Danknugz

all i want to know is where i can go to do that xp glitch that bethesda always "forgets" to remove in the gold build

Bernkastel

Probably talking about that shitty, worthless creation club. I'm sure you can still throw some good old ESPs in the folder and make everyone's tits bigger.
Yeah, GAF's gonna freak without verifying what he is talking about. He is talking about mods as "content", so ofcourse its creation club. No one gonna arrest you for making mods day one. OP didn't even bother putting his original statement.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

First mod will be to add mod support.
As in the Creation Club that no one likes.
Speaking of content, will there be support for mods on PC at launch?

Not at launch. As we said, there will be mods after launch. We haven't said when, but there definitely will be, as we always have, on PC, and you'll be able to use mods on both PC and Xbox.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Whew that’s a relief. I refuse to play this game unless my character looks like an anime blow-up doll

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
You console warriors don't realize that Bethesda is dependent on mods for their long term prospects?

I hope this is just implying no mod support for consoles. If it means no mod supports for PC then who is going to fix their bugs for them? I can say for real that it is not worth buying until the mods are available.

I'm on PC.

"long term prospects"? Did you not read the part where Pete said mod support will be added later?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
This is why I bought it on steam, its not like Microsoft will allow my bimbo boob mods on creation club. If the women don't look like a blow up doll in a permanent state of suprise, what's the point?

Good? I think that the artist vision should be experienced first. People mod the hell out of a game before even playing the original vision

Killer8

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The Creation Kit also took a few months to release for Skyrim (February 7th 2012 after the 11/11/11 launch).

It will have mods from day one on Nexus, it just won't be supported yet in an 'official' capacity.

Yeah, I'm sure Nexus will have "clean face" mods within minutes.

Top Bottom