• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Mods Will Allow for New Planets, Quests and Stories to Be Added Confirmed

Topher

Gold Member

Pete Hines: There’s a lot more coming and when you start to think about the kind of community that comes around Bethesda Game Studios games and putting a tool like that in the hands of people that go, “how would you like to make a planet?” Like, all of that is going to just be off the charts. When you start getting your community come in and add all the different things that they want to bring to it. Their own stories they want to tell.

Hell Yeah Yes GIF

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Obviously mods were always going to be a thing, but I've never seen a dev actively promote this level of community content. Exciting stuff, imo.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live
They did the same with Workshop.

I never second guessed it but to say it out loud is nice, I suppose. I'm on the fence on the game until I see more but I won't be Gamepassing this game. I'll either buy it on Steam or not.

On a side note, imagine we get an Enderal like piece with this newer engine?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
They did the same with Workshop.

I never second guessed it but to say it out loud is nice, I suppose. I'm on the fence on the game until I see more but I won't be Gamepassing this game. I'll either buy it on Steam or not.

On a side note, imagine we get an Enderal like piece with this newer engine?

Maybe Starblivion?

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I am personally hoping that someone mods in the ability to fly down to a planet opposed to a cut scene.

I'm not sure if that is possible with the current planets because they do not exist. The loading screen loads a completely different instance. Maybe mod makers can create planets you can land on, but i'm not see that happening with their tech.

Red5

Will they be available on the console version?

Probably but more limited than PC. For example, the best mods for Skyrim rely on a tool mod (SKSE) that basically replaces the .exe of the game which you can't do on consoles unless it's hacked. So on consoles you have to rely on the approved mods only which is still good.

Top Bottom