• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Will Not Have Mod Support On PC At Launch; Will Be Added Later On, Confirms Pete Hines

Oh No Fire GIF
lemme show ya somethin'!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thank you for clarifying that.

At least it's a solid confirmation that there should be a list of curated mods coming to Xbox soon as well. While you couldn't do the bigger mods on Xbox/PS4 for Skyrim and FO4, a decent number of mods still made their way to console, including weather / terrain edits and even some custom quest lines.

So it's a good sign.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
What I'm most looking forward too is the day 1 mod that replaces your robot companion with Thomas the tank engine.

gothmog

Gold Member
PC will have mods from day one, just not creation club crap.
Okay. I'm still waiting until there's a good selection of meaningful mods. I did it with Skyrim as well. Played on Xbox and then went PC once there was a community set of recommended mods. Then I went down that rabbit hole for a few months tweaking.

Last edited:

BlueLyria

I'm willing to bet it's the stupid mod menu that they added in Skyrim and F4, most likely it's still going to support mods through MO2

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Weren't people counting on mods to have DLSS on launch?
this is just official mods made with the official mod editor. Mods like DLSS are something different. You can still mod the game just the old way of hacking files.

Dane

BGS never release mod tools together with the game, not even Skyrim had it at launch, it was added two months later.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What kind of mods would you want on DAY 1?
Unlimited carrying weight, unlimited stamina/run, 60 fps mod on console (Fallout 4 had a 720p/60 fps mod on Xbox One maybe a year after launch I think. And it worked well too even boosting the menu screens to 60 fps).

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Haha... the fuck? I don't even use their mod creation kit for mods, lol. Also lol @ 8 mods already available before launch. This game is already giving back, and I haven't even played it yet.
It's disappointing. Who cares about Creation Club or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when the community has been able to do this forever close to day 1 or right on the date.

Exactly.

StereoVsn

Oh boy, glad I didn't get this. That's a deal breaker and total bullshit frankly.

I now expect Steam reviews to be low.

Edit: NVM, it's Creation Kit stuff. It would be good to have on release but not end of the world. And nobody cares about creation club.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The OP needs to be updated. Posters are getting confused over what this means. This is talking about the creation club mod support, the officially curated Bethesda stuff.

There is nothing stopping people from releasing third party mods or mod managers.

So long as there's console commands for infinite inventory weight and quest bypasses when they inevitably bug out.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
You console warriors don't realize that Bethesda is dependent on mods for their long term prospects?
Only Bethesda game I've used a mod for was Oblivion, and that was just to get rid of the psychic guards; it's always the loud minority who thinks everyone feels the same way, most players probably don't even notice or care.

They did this on FO4 and Skyrim, about 6 months later... It sucks. The community created their own tools until the official one came out.

Last edited:

Paasei

There’ll be mods on Nexus the first day, no need to worry.

PC gamers don’t rely on official mod support for mods to be available.

Pagusas

Elden Member
yeah this is a nothing story guys, Skyrim and all didn't launch with native mod support. Creation Kit dev takes time. IT doesnt mean their wont be mods, they just wont have direct creation kit support immediately.

Top Bottom