• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield xbox series Gameplay leaked

Ulysses 31

This part is terrible
Hyr6Sls.gif
Dunno what's worse: the water or cape physics.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Starfield: fallen order

https://imgur.io/OUdQtn5

(If you know, you know)

Also ladder climbing

3rd person looks great. I think im gonna play exploration in 3rd person and combat in 1st

GymWolf

Gold Member
3rd person looks great. I think im gonna play exploration in 3rd person and combat in 1st
In a game with loot everywhere i need that first person camera, aiming at small objects so zoomed out in third person is gonna be impractical.

Maybe i'm gonna do outdoors exploration where you have to walk a lot in third and everything else in first.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Isn't there a skill you can unlock that lets you dive to 5000 m depth?

Surely there's stuff happening underwater.

I mean yeah, the water physics look like shit but after seeing it 6 times you won't even notice it anymore.
I think the leaks confirmed no underwater, you can't dive.

like 99,99% sure.

DragonNCM

People are saying that rushing the first run and enjoying the whole game in new game + is the way to go with this one.

Not sure if i'm gonna be able to do that, first run is always the most special and avoiding every sidecontent? Hard to even consider.

But all this chat about how the ng+ is something new and cool had me interested.

Hell i'm pretty sure that i'm never gonna do a second run, not even sure if i'm gonna finish the game once...
I will never finish main game before I clear all sidequests & that will be forever.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Bought another Series X to have at the missus', wanted to install it today all ready for the big day, waited in like an utter mug for the postie, was due today.. no one came

FHMtfUt.jpg

Fuck off Yodel, you useless twats.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Bought another Series X to have at the missus', wanted to install it today all ready for the big day, waited in like an utter mug for the postie, was due today.. no one came

FHMtfUt.jpg

Man, I feel your pain. The place where I live... it's not even on the map. Ordering something online is always a gamble.

I've bought a pouf/ottoman for my office because that's where I will be playing Starfield and I want to be able to stretch my legs and LUCKILY it arrived today. It feels almost as good as winning the lottery.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Man, I feel your pain. The place where I live... it's not even on the map. Ordering something online is always a gamble.

I've bought a pouf/ottoman for my office because that's where I will be playing Starfield and I want to be able to stretch my legs and LUCKILY it arrived today. It feels almost as good as winning the lottery.
I know that feeling, I felt like that after buying a PS5 off Ebay during the old days, I thought it'd be a scam and it was a few hundred over the official price, three weeks later it turned up out of the blue, the seller wasnt even that far away :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I wouldnt mind though but it's always bloody Yodel that does this nonsense.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I know that feeling, I felt like that after buying a PS5 off Ebay during the old days, I thought it'd be a scam and it was a few hundred over the official price, three weeks later it turned up out of the blue, the seller wasnt even that far away :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I wouldnt mind though but it's always bloody Yodel that does this nonsense.

Man, I had 4090 delivered to my 'neighbor'. Not only that it was few hundred meters away, it was also a student house and the card went missing, never to be seen again. Luckily I've purchased 2 at the same time (don't ask) and the other one was delivered shortly after. I got a refund from DHL for the one that went missing but I think the time I had to spend trying to get it back was worth more than the card itself.

Ozriel

M$FT
Man, I had 4090 delivered to my 'neighbor'. Not only that it was few hundred meters away, it was also a student house and the card went missing, never to be seen again. Luckily I've purchased 2 at the same time (don't ask) and the other one was delivered shortly after. I got a refund from DHL for the one that went missing but I think the time I had to spend trying to get it back was worth more than the card itself.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't find it funny.
But that student is probably balling like a king with his 4090 from heaven :)

Warablo

I think the leaks confirmed no underwater, you can't dive.

like 99,99% sure.
There was pic of a perk in this very thread of the Mountaineer perk or something where you can dive at the 3rd level of it, so unless someone edited that or something. Looks like you can dive.

XXL

There was pic of a perk in this very thread of the Mountaineer perk or something where you can dive at the 3rd level of it, so unless someone edited that or something. Looks like you can dive.
The pic of the Mountaineer perk is fake.

All indications/leaks/footage suggest no diving at all.

Last edited:

XXL

Well shit, just bought the premium edition from cdkeys, i hate myself:lollipop_squinting:
I'm waiting until tomorrow to decide if I'm upgrading the GamePass Version to premium or just waiting a few days. The fact you get the DLC by upgrading to premium is making want to do it.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Man that must of been total ballache! And to think some cheeky bastid robbed it too. Zero morals!

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Man that must of been total ballache! And to think some cheeky bastid robbed it too. Zero morals!

Yeah, it was. The courier that delivered the package told his management that he delivered it to the right address but luckily I had a recording of him confessing that he fucked up. Cheeky bastard. Anyway, we're going a little bit off-topic here. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Where are the leaks!?

sword-in-stone-gif.gif

Dolomite

You're right, greastest gunplay and RPG of all time confirmed. My bad.
I mean I guess that's a response lol. Let's ignore the fact that MS delayed it for a yr of polish and bought in ID Software to lend a hand. It's literally night and day from it's 2022 footage. Anyway this time tomorrow we can finally put this this nonsense to rest

Gudji

I mean I guess that's a response lol. Let's ignore the fact that MS delayed it for a yr of polish and bought in ID Software to lend a hand. It's literally night and day from it's 2022 footage. Anyway this time tomorrow we can finally put this this nonsense to rest
ID lend them a hand with graphical issues. And while the leaked footage shows an improvement over FO4 imagine comparing that shit with Destiny.

clarky

Gold Member
ID lend them a hand with graphical issues. And while the leaked footage shows an improvement over FO4 imagine comparing that shit with Destiny.
Anyone who is going into this thinking the shooting will be up there with Destiny is setting themselves up for a very big fall.

Shooting is destiny's bread and butter. Here we have an RPG with some shooting. Anything servicable or better is a win imo.

Gudji

Anyone who is going into this thinking the shooting will be up there with Destiny is setting themselves up for a very big fall.

Shooting is destiny's bread and butter. Here we have an RPG with some shooting. Anything servicable or better is a win imo.
This. I might be end up really good/fun tho.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I never expected state of the art water from bethesda so maybe that's why i'm not so negatively impressed by that gif...
Same. Water was something I didn’t even think about. And now that I see it, yeah, it’s not great. I don’t imagine I will be exploring too much in the water anyways.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
In a game with loot everywhere i need that first person camera, aiming at small objects so zoomed out in third person is gonna be impractical.

Maybe i'm gonna do outdoors exploration where you have to walk a lot in third and everything else in first.
Same. I plan on playing the majority in first person, because of all the stuff you can pick up or fuck with. I’ll pop into third person every once in a while to look at my dude in different environments.

DragonNCM

FHMtfUt.jpg

I guess all review copies for UK reviewers are send by Yodel.....:)

Top Bottom