• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk Leaked Screenshots [Grainy Video]

SolidSnakex said:
671buc.gif

OMG It's like piloting Starscream.

My inner child is spazzing out.

mujun

rexor0717 said:
Did you play Warhawk?

Yep, for about an hour in total. Cost me like 3000 yen, too. My bad for not making a more informed decision.

The Lamp said:
What would happen to ground-based combat and ground vehicles, then?

I don't know. Have motherships?

Have a mode where you have to destroy the enemies mother ship (fighters and turrets) and another mode where you have to board and capture VIPs or vital points.

The Lamp

I wonder if the planes can fly underwater now...that'd be neat...taking chases into the ocean and then bursting out of the waves. :p

EDIT: Oh, nvm, apparently that's not water, that's acid, and it's hazardous, lol.

Robotech exq transforming mechs. Love it. Not sure about the tactical building thing, want more info on that. Story looks pretty blah.

SolidSnakex said:

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm also a bit deflated, I was hoping there would be a bigger emphasis on flying the actual Warhawks this time around, since that's the part of the gameplay that appeals to me and the title kind of implies it. Instead, we get a new RTS twist that I really don't care about at all. But you know what? I'll take it. It still looks pretty good.

The Lamp

Phantast2k said:
Nothing about this is compelling to me.
And I invested more than 300h into Warhawk.

Too bad, since I was pretty hyped for it.

But it looks just like Warhawk...except with being able to build new fortresses/structures, and transforming mechas instead of jeeps and planes.....

I don't understand lol

Luthos

I didn't play Warhawk, but this did looks pretty cool.

But hey, maybe Sony will make Warhawk one of the free games to download after PSN comes back up.

Slavik81

I'm kind of disappointed, since I wanted something even more different than WarHawk than what they're planning. Like, actual space. Not just space-themed worlds.

Still, I love the RTS/FPS mix. C&C Renegade was criminally unappreciated.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
im not digging it at all. i loved warhawk. need more mp footage.

The Lamp said:
But it looks just like Warhawk...except with being able to build new fortresses/structures, and transforming mechas instead of jeeps and planes.....

I don't understand lol
It just looks generic to me (kinda like red faction) - too bad they didn't keep the goofy look and then somewhat too hectic (and Warhawk could be all chaos sometimes too) with all this shit falling from the sky. And what's with all the gundam, macross whatever lol. I want my old school tanks and shit. I liked the original's weapons & design way more than this.
It just doesn't seem like the right game for me.

DR3AM said:
im not digging it at all. i loved warhawk. need more mp footage.

Mah man!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Probably been said already but the the world / setting really gives me a red faction vibe.

The Lamp

Since you can build new buildings instantly, I wonder if it crushes people underneath when you summon the building, or if people have to be out of the way before you can do so.

Anyone remember Robotech Battlecry? I feel like this perfects the flying mechanics for what that tried to do.

Xater

The Lamp said:
Since you can build new buildings instantly, I wonder if it crushes people underneath when you summon the building, or if people have to be out of the way before you can do so.

Anyone remember Robotech Battlecry? I feel like this perfects the flying mechanics for what that tried to do.

The footage shows a mech being crushed by a dropped down building.

Kaizer

Banned
The Lamp said:

I don't understand lol
Yeah me either. I've played Warhawk just about everyu week since its release and this looks amazing to me. Gameplay looks like classic Warhawk.

Ughhh, these gifs are getting me all excited for a game that probably won't be out for 8-10 months at least.

Focusonthisyear
Focusonthisyear
Focusonthisyear

Phantast2k said:
It just looks generic to me (kinda like red faction) - too bad they didn't keep the goofy look and then somewhat too hectic (and Warhawk could be all chaos sometimes too) with all this shit falling from the sky

See, now that you mention it, there's one game that Warhawk always reminded my of, visually - The Outfit. They've kinda moved away from that style, but the gameplay is now more similar, since The Outfit also had shit falling from the sky. However, in The Outfit it was units, not buildings.

The Lamp

Xater said:
The footage shows a mech being crushed by a dropped down building.

ROFL

I wonder if you can put them anywhere! Maybe, if there's a gang of troops that are approaching you, you can just smush them. Hahaha.

The Lamp

Net_Wrecker said:
Ughhh, these gifs are getting me all excited for a game that probably won't be out for 8-10 months at least.

Focusonthisyear
Focusonthisyear
Focusonthisyear

Yeah, I'm really excited for this too.

But LA Noire, inFAMOUS 2, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Zelda SS, and Twisted Metal's got me all set for this year!

Top Bottom