• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starship go boom on testing

Building rockets ain't easy.

The spacecraft engineering company, SpaceX, is prepping the Starship rocket for its first orbital launch, which Musk had hoped to be ready for this month.

NASA Spaceflight was livestreaming when the explosion happened. “Wow!” shocked commentators were heard saying multiple times.

MastaKiiLA

Yeah. Just seeing this on NSF channel. Fuck me! That's gonna set back the orbital test, I think. Gonna need to perform repairs on both the orbital launch mount, and Booster 7. At least we get some good news today from JWST. Well, today for westerners. Tomorrow for those of us living in the future.

EDIT: Watched the LabPadre footage, and their camera is super-close. They also did some slow-mo. Looks like the chopsticks took at least some cosmetic damage too, if not structural. This could be pretty significant. Exploding Starship on stage 0 was always a serious concern.

Last edited:
Yeah. Just seeing this on NSF channel. Fuck me! That's gonna set back the orbital test, I think. Gonna need to perform repairs on both the orbital launch mount, and Booster 7. At least we get some good news today from JWST. Well, today for westerners. Tomorrow for those of us living in the future.

EDIT: Watched the LabPadre footage, and their camera is super-close. They also did some slow-mo. Looks like the chopsticks took at least some cosmetic damage too, if not structural. This could be pretty significant. Exploding Starship on stage 0 was always a serious concern.

I think they have a second booster from memory, probably about a month behind. Hopefully nothing too serious or delayed for them.

Top Bottom