• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STASIS - An isometric adventure game made by one man

So I realized I had never played the Stasis Alpha demo, because my laptop was dying at the time and the download would take forever

Finally checked it out and the demo was so good. Even though I knew it has no combat, it had the same edge-of-my-seat feeling that I get when I (try to) play Amnesia. The sound design is amazing. The atmosphere is amazing. The puzzles were pretty logical except for
using the neurodrill on the tank
and
chopping the guy's hand off with the glass.

And that was only an alpha. I think it might the most impressive one-man indie project I've seen besides Dust. The little details and just the whole atmosphere were just so well done

I am so hyped for the full release. From the launch trailer, you can see how much the alpha environments have improved
V7plWFK.png
kWKa1WF.jpg

Is anyone working on an OT? I'll put one together for launch if no one else is yet

Edit: and the OT is ready to go. Now just to wait till the 31st

Honome

Game looks great, definitely gonna buy it next week! Do i need a good computer to run or an i5 notebook can run it?

Purkake4

Banned
Should be soon. The review builds went out Thursday, and there's no embargo. Playing through the game now myself
Great!

Game looks great, definitely gonna buy it next week! Do i need a good computer to run or an i5 notebook can run it?
The requirements are pretty low, shouldn't be a problem.

RECOMMENDED:
OS: Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 (32/64 bit versions)
Processor: 2.6 GHz (Dual Core)
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 405, AMD Radeon HD 5400 Series or higher
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Additional Notes: Windows 10 users note that STASIS MAY work with AMD radeon 5000 and 6000 series and Nvidia Geforce 8 and higher cards - we have had crashes on Nvidia Cards due to graphic driver problems with Windows 10. Windows 10 users MUST enable VSYNC on their graphics card.

derExperte

Here are the regional prices:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/380150/discussions/0/541907867774554251/#c527273452880398128

Remember that its 20% in the first week - we won't put it on sale for a while after this.

Standard [Digital Steam or GOG]:
US$24.99, £18.99, 24,99€, 449 pуб., R$ 45,99, ¥ 2,480, 170,00 kr, Rp 169 999, RM47.00, P629.95, S$25.00, ฿459.00, ₩27,000, 39,00 TL, 119₴, Mex$ 225.99, CDN$ 27.99, A$ 29.99, NZ$ 29.99

Deluxe [Digital, Sound Track, Art Book and Wallpaper pack]:
US$ 39.99, £29.99, 36,99€, 699 pуб., R$ 72,99, ¥ 3,980, 270,00 kr, Rp 269 999, RM75.00, P999.95, S$39.00, ฿729.00, ₩43,000, 59,00 TL, 179₴, Mex$ 355.99, CDN$ 43.99, A$ 45.99, NZ$ 47.99

Sanitarium is one of my favorite games so I'm really looking forward to this and plan on supporting it day 1, although I doubt I'll have time to play it until week 8 :p

Lime

Really admirable effort - I'm keeping an eye on this.

I'm wondering if the camera perspective will detract from the horror. It's harder being scared when you aren't close or near the character thanks to perspective of seeing everything - it's a more strategic and tactical form of aesthetic, I usually think. I'm curious how it'll be executed in the release.

Really admirable effort - I'm keeping an eye on this.

I'm wondering if the camera perspective will detract from the horror. It's harder being scared when you aren't close or near the character thanks to perspective of seeing everything - it's a more strategic and tactical form of aesthetic, I usually think. I'm curious how it'll be executed in the release.
From what I've played, the horror is less jump scares/dark rooms/etc and more constant unease, the situations and things you discover, the sound design, etc.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well thats a good sign! Thing with indie games like this its hard to get noticed. Giant Bomb needs to do a quick look and shit.

nib95

Banned
Wow. Is Chris Bischoff a genetically modified super human from the future? Massive kudos to him. Looks absolutely incredible. Still dragging my jaw across the floor….

This and SOMA within a month of each other? Fantastic.

What's an average playthrough time for Stasis? Trying to budget my time this month for gaming.

Ah, NVM...see via Steam hub that playthroughs vary between 8-15 hrs depending on how stuck you get. Seems like a perfect time frame for this type of game.

Some assorted Twitter reactions from people currently playing

I just finished Stasis. That was some fucked up shit. The best kind of fucked up shit.
Compared to Dead Space
It's horrifying in its own, more... personal sort of way.
---
The amount of grey hairs that I've developed since @StasisGame started playing mind-tricks on me is astounding.
---
Love the atmosphere in @StasisGame. It seems all fun & games until things get a lil unnerving. And then something scares the crap out of you
---
Ok so first 30 mins of @StasisGame oozing atmosphere, rocketed me back to the 90s in all the right ways.
Some late night time @StasisGame. So thick with atmosphere.
---
@StasisGame holy fuck I almost had a heart attack! Shame on you!
---
Finished @StasisGame this morning, still ruminating. Tis a good feeling.

Woah, I remember seeing this last year and thinking it was impressive, but not something that interested me.

Now I see this thread again, my tastes have evolved, so I'm super stoked, and now it's pretty much out :D

I have some other indies to get through first, but this is definitely something I'll be playing in the near future.

IGN (Africa) review - 9/10
http://za.ign.com/stasis/93707/review/stasis-review
More than five years in the making, Stasis is an extraordinary testament to the ambition and genre genius of creator Chris Bischoff and his colleagues. It's more than just "good for an indie game", it's a mandatory experience for fans of sci-fi horror.
Stasis is profoundly disturbing. Not even its MATURE 17+ rating from the ESRB for “VIOLENCE, BLOOD AND GORE", "SUGGESTIVE THEMES", and "STRONG LANGUAGE” prepared me for some of the game's imagery and narrative concepts. It's not outrageously gratuitous or anything like that, but there's a lot of... messed up stuff. It's definitely a game for adults. You've been warned.

I've also been playing through this and it's fantastic. It's like Alien meets Saw. Really great atmosphere and some of the most uncomfortable sound design I've ever heard. I literally had to back out of reading documents in the game because I felt vulnerable not being able to see my surroundings. Definitely worth checking out with a quality engaging narrative, logical and rewarding puzzles and some truly gruesome deaths.

Top Bottom