• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play 9-24-19

Nickolaidas

*sigh* Ellie, what the fuck are you doing?

You're immune.

4O1Jg5y.jpg

Last edited:

jakinov

Just got a ps4 pro this month and played a little bit (10h) of Uncharted 4. I honestly didn't like most of it. Production is top-notch but the gameplay...felt like a climb simulator. I never played TLOU, should I do it? How is the gameplay compared to U4?
Gameplay is even less action than Uncharted. Has more stealth and some minor crafting mechanics. Instead of puzzles and platforming there’s ladders, carts and wooden rafts to move around. I think people are more into the story than the gameplay. And IMO story is slightly above average for a video game story but if you want s good story go watch a movie or TV.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Would make for a cool dialogue.

Joel: Well, if you feel so guilty about it, go back to that lab and have them drill a hole in your head!!
Ellie: Little late for that, you asshole!!

You can't cure without patient zero*.

*Every zombie/outbreak film in existence.

Last edited:

Romulus

Those Elephant zombies in TloU2 made me lol. "Okay guys how do show the player that this specific zombie charges them?"

D.Final

Banned
The event was not really the height of beauty

The really nice things about this State of Play, for me, are:

- the demo of Medievil
- the PS4 Pro with the Death Stranding brand
- and the trailer for The Last of Us Part 2 with date

Reactions: Isa

Geki-D

Banned
Or maybe the virus has evolved? :pie_thinking:
Or more likely, she's hiding the fact she's immune and wears a mask because it would give the game away if she didn't.

It was pretty silly she didn't need one in the first game; immune or not, breathing in all of those spores must be really uncomfortable. Realistically, she'd be having a coughing fit 5 seconds after breathing in a spore filled area.

Also it's funny to see people triggered as fuck by the trailer.
When is the PS5 rumored to be announced
Whenever PSX is.

Last edited:

Pejo

In retrospect, I really like that Death Stranding DS4. I hope they sell them separately from the LE console.

Bootyful

Banned
Would make for a cool dialogue.

Joel: Well, if you feel so guilty about it, go back to that lab and have them drill a hole in your head!!
Ellie: Little late for that, you asshole!!
Joel: Well now we really are The Last of Us™!!

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
Finally, The Last Of Us 2 looks like a fantastic sequel of the best game of the last gen.

Goty 2020 and 20 million sales, here we go!

an another sony event, an another pathetic event. no new game announcements, thanks very much!.

no E3, NO PSX, NO GAMESCOM.

seems the way it is now is that if you don't like their cinematic story based games might as well fuck off the playstation platform.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

an another sony event, an another pathetic event. no new game announcements, thanks very much!.

seems the way it is now is that if you don't like their cinematic story based games might as well fuck off the playstation platform.

Civ6 was definitely new, so was the Rockstar VR title. Possibly a few others too.

Doom85

Maybe she is hiding this from everyone you know...

Has to be it, Joel told her in the first game to not tell anyone since they'll think she's crazy or react even worse. I feel she'd probably tell Tommy but doubt anyone besides that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Same old broken record.

You put a lot of energy into trolling shit you don’t care about, supposedly.

Especially the fact that they’re not going to announce all kinds of new shit just before a next-gen blowout next year.

But you know this.

Doom85

February: The Last of Us Part II
March: Final Fantasy VII Remake
April: Cyberpunk 2077

Wew lad...

Yeah, and I'll also be playing Watch Dogs Legion in March as well so it's going to be packed for me.

Still better separated for me than this November. Death Stranding, Pokemon, and Star Wars Jedi: FO all within a week? Come on, guys, this is fun overload!

Geki-D

Banned
February: The Last of Us Part II
March: Final Fantasy VII Remake
April: Cyberpunk 2077

Wew lad...
October: CoD: Modern Warfare
November: Death Stranding
December: ????
January: ????

Damn, we almost had a combo. December & January are pretty sucky, though there are so many good games coming out round that time I guess you could just get those instead. Doom Eternal, Medievil PS4, SW Jedi: Fallen Order, Shenmue 3...
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Fake

Has to be it, Joel told her in the first game to not tell anyone since they'll think she's crazy or react even worse. I feel she'd probably tell Tommy but doubt anyone besides that.
Indeed, but the plot twist potential is huge.

Doom85

Indeed, but the plot twist potential is huge.

I'd rather they not (if you're implying either her immunity was temporary or the virus has evolved past it), it would simplify the moral dilemma from the first game: "see, the cure wouldn't have mattered anyway so Joel shouldn't feel guilty at all!"

October: CoD: Modern Warfare
November: Death Stranding
December: ????
January: ????

Damn, we almost had a combo. December & January are pretty sucky, though there are so many good games coming out round that time I guess you could just get those instead. Doom Eternal, Medievil PS4, SW Jedi: Fallen Order, Shenmue 3...
giphy.gif

Outer Worlds?

Reactions: Isa

Geki-D

Banned
Aw dangit I missed it.

List of any new games announced?

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Only game that had my attention here was Humanity, interesting physics on display and potential to be fun.

Top Bottom