• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it, it makes so much clutter in my Steam Library. When I heard about the DC I thought it would be like a DLC, not an entirely separate entry.

Also, trading cards when? I heard it takes up to 2 weeks for trading cards from new games to show up? That doesn't sound right...

Set Library view to games installed, clutter problem solved.

I don't like it, it makes so much clutter in my Steam Library. When I heard about the DC I thought it would be like a DLC, not an entirely separate entry.

Also, trading cards when? I heard it takes up to 2 weeks for trading cards from new games to show up? That doesn't sound right...
How do you think JaseC and xelios deal with their library?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
By racists.
jqCuJO66zKYYw.png

That diagram needs to be updated to include people pissed about receiving a 10% off voucher for Toki Tori 2 that doesn't expire for like 20 years.

fuck me :*( just got my first blue screen of death in like 7 years......

I had a few recently, had to do with upgrading my video card, AMD, drivers and there still being something left of previous ones. A complete flush of all the driver software and then a reinstall fixed it. So if you have recently upgraded or downgraded the drivers it might be something to look at.

Toki Tori is charming, but some of its puzzles are rather obtuse and have very strict solutions.

They fixed this in the sequel, apparently.

Valdis Story: Abyssal City's estimated Steam date is October 30th.

Day one for me.

I really want to play this with the Dualshock 4 because of it's d-pad. Tried the demo with the Xbox controller as it's not a precise as I would like it. The dashing move was hard to get down.

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
After playing the game with a couple hours under my belt now, I'd like to give my impressions of Sir, You Are Being Hunted.
header_292x136.jpg

Prior to playing the game the only knowledge I had of it involves a comparison to the game series S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (a Game series which I absolutely love). With this comparison in mind, I eagerly bought the game, and jumped right in thanks to the midweek madness sale. What followed was a tense, thrilling game of sneaking past my robotic predators, the eating of canned pies, frantic dodging of my metallic menaces' potshots, and looting the remains of my robotic foes as they began shooting one another after an instance of friendly-fire. The game carries a tense, somewhat oppressive atmosphere that perfectly conveys that you, sir or madam, are indeed being hunted. The gameplay itself is also extremely gratifying, and feels like a mix between Minecraft's exploration of a procedurally generated world and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series' atmospheric feel, scrounging for supplies, and tense gunfights. Sneaking past your pursuers, setting a trap for them, or just straight shooting them down are all exhilarating experiences. The aesthetic style for the game fits extremely well.

However, there are a few hiccups here or there in the game. Doors to housing areas merely serve as item spawns; you cannot currently enter buildings.Animations for your actions are also a bit lacking, They're very Timesplitter-esque, with your gun just seemingly floating in thin air. I also ran into an odd bug which didn't give me an item's name and qualities when moused over them, but a quick save and restart fixed that. The save system is also somewhat like Dead Rising, which may initially put of a few players despite myself having no qualms about it. You can only save at the stonehenge-esque monilith you spawn by at the start, near a boat, or while traveling to another island. This feels a bit constrictive.

With all things considered however, the game feels extremely polished. The game is very enjoyable as-is, and is still only in the alpha phase of production. The devs are attempting at least monthly updates for the game before reaching completion of the full game, and plan to use player feed back to influence the game.Sir, You Are Being Hunted is a fantastic game, and I look forward to the updates Big Robot Ltd. have in store for the game.
Pros
  • Tense, Exhilirating Gameplay
  • Great Stealth System
  • Exceptional Sound Design
  • Very Engaging Atmosphere

CONS
  • Iffy Animations
  • Buildings currently unable to be entered
  • A bit glitchy
  • Kind of odd save system

neoism

Can Lenny have it?
lol not have but I will sale it for a low price probably 600+ or less for the whole puter... I've only had to change the back fan.. I'm surprised the cpu fan hasn't needed replacing.. knock on wood...8+ hours over 4 years ever day with over 2k hours played on the card. The cards never had the most updated drivers ever either because the need of SP1. :/ I soo dont want to go to win 8 though. Over all Win 7 has been the best operating system I've ever used.
You can spread your installed games over multiple drives, my friend.
(Or run a RAID in OBD mode I guess)

oh I know I was just playin :p
I had a few recently, had to do with upgrading my video card, AMD, drivers and there still being something left of previous ones. A complete flush of all the driver software and then a reinstall fixed it. So if you have recently upgraded or downgraded the drivers it might be something to look at.

yeah I did about a week or more ago though.. this is the first BSOD I've ever had in win 7 though. I haven't even played anything but a tiny bit of D3 lately.

Slacker

After playing the game with a couple hours under my belt now, I'd like to give my impressions of Sir, You Are Being Hunted.

Thank you for this. Sounds pretty solid. I may have to get it just for the excellent name alone.

Tonight I finally figured out how to get Family Sharing working for my friend who is at home all week recovering from surgery. I have 219 games including many greats he doesn't have like Kerbal Space Program, Civ V, Bioshock Infinite, etc. I've been checking my friends list occasionally as I've been cleaning up around the house, and he's been playing Peggle Deluxe for the last three hours.

On another subject, I beat this fucking level in Escape Goat. If anyone is going to try this be ready to die a lot.

I haven't seen that one yet. I'm still going back and forth between "I can't do this shit" and "fuck it, I've got this".

Will be fun to see if those levels break me or not!

Parsnip

I had completely forgotten that Dark Souls has the whole DLC thingy in it.
It's pretty cool how it's the Darkroot Garden but in the past. I had no idea, and the realization when you run across the first bridge start noticing, pretty great.

Thanks to Parsnip for Broken Sword.
You are welcome. :)

Giving back again. Could throw them to my friends but I like you guys better,

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Game Name 1 -- MB-999955FB7CE854E6 - Taken by Spawn
Game Name 2 -- MB-D228921303117D10 - Taken by scorpscarx

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The Stanley Parable is amazing! I have no idea what I'm doing, but I like it.
Yes it is! Too bad I started watching Death Note for the second time yesterday, or else I'd be trying to get the missing endings now. Or playing Poke Y, I guess...

Retne

I wonder how much money the Bad Rats guys have made off of it being the terrible game it is. So many people have bought the game just to gift it as a joke. I bet the devs are happysad.

maty

I haven't seen that one yet. I'm still going back and forth between "I can't do this shit" and "fuck it, I've got this".

Will be fun to see if those levels break me or not!

That one is room 9 of 9 in All Intensive Purposes Ice and Fire levels.
So far I've beaten "Hinterlands", "Ice and Fire" and "Underground Compound". 3 down 2 to go :D

I usually take break when doing these levels or I'll probably end up punching my monitor.

Jesus christ.
Escape Goat is obviously not for me, it seems.

Haha, don't worry this just the extra rooms after you beat the game, which are fucking hard. The main levels are much easier.

Grief.exe

Wow! Thanks Todd!

I can't believe I won with 71 entrants! Needed a new game since I just beat Bioshock 2 and I was already very close to beating Tomb Raider.

tN6Gzcg.png

Wow! Thanks Todd!

I can't believe I won with 71 entrants! Needed a new game since I just beat Bioshock 2 and I was already very close to beating Tomb Raider.

Glad you won. Remember level 2 is "the hump". So if you get through that, you are on the downhill run till the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom