• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Its because if you think of it, you might wonder if that was the right solution. Its bittersweet, because he will die with fake-memories. Something that never happened.
It kinda denies the existence of his autistic wife...

That's exactly it, premise seems very pointless to me, and having some fabricated memories negating your real live seems even more pointless. On the side note, I find some of "decisions" quite delusional, as if having memories of long dead brother somehow are more important than life with life long companion? I mean, what?
May be this story is simply not for me. *shrugs*

Dolor

I don't buy many games at launch, and I've never played an X game before, but I bought this one. I am very excited for this. Anyone think this game might get steam workshop support? I have heard that the modding community was pretty active for the previous games.

Well, as anyone who plays X games will tell you, they usually have a steep learning curve, but a huge payoff if you can get past it. This one looks like they are trying to make the learning curve less steep.

Egosoft seems pretty keen on their support of Steam features, so even though I know nothing about the technicalities, it seems like Workshop support might be something they'd want to do.

AHA-Lambda

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-119835AC5A8AFAEF - Taken by chiym1992. 3 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-4DC19A3EE66689E3 - Taken by gurm3n
Gotham City Impostors DLC -- MB-ACA4039C59FB6809 - Taken by tjohn86. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle Earth -- MB-57684A63DE25CCBA - Taken by Dsyndrome
The Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-E890BE871CB801AD - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 3 entrants total.
FEAR -- MB-8D8BB4339A57C08E - Taken by TC McQueen. 11 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle Earth DLC -- MB-F7A162E666B757D5 - Taken by Dsyndrome
FEAR 2 -- MB-DC14D94A585D3386 - Taken by Spawn. 1 entrants total.

t1384452408z1.png

Hope this goes okay, my first modbot giveaway.

Arthea

Just saw that the Level 5 badge for Guardians of Middle-Earth is Gandalf, so looks like I am maxing that one out even if I don't like the game... :)

Man, why would you say that to me.
I need to be strong.
Still haven't crafted any lvl 5, btw

Argh, having problems with FEAR.

My mouse is a Razer Abyssus, with a USB connector, HID compliant, and apparently FEAR doesn't like it.
A fix would be to disble all HID compliant peripherals, but obviously, if I do it, the mouse doesn't work.

Any workaround other than use a PS/2 mouse?

Are you sure it's your mouse? Usually it's a logitech keyboard, I'm saying this because I had the low framerate because of the usb overpolling glitch and it was my keyboard not my mouse (which at the time was a razer mamba). Also experiment, in my case I didn't have to disable all of them just some of the hid devices were problematic. The only thing that didn't function properly was the lcd display on my keyboard.

Dolor

Perfect.

Man, why would you say that to me.
I need to be strong.
Still haven't crafted any lvl 5, btw

Yeah, I'm one of the people
suckers
that everyone on here gets their card money from. I loves me some maxed out badges
for games I really like

The GOM cards are quite cheap at the moment 10-15 cents last i checked

Excellent, I'll be digging in tonight then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I'm one of the people
suckers
that everyone on here gets their card money from. I loves me some maxed out badges
for games I really like

Thanks for making me $110+ richer over the past few days.

JaseC

holy shit thats a lot of money

I had around 600 cards sitting in my inventory when I decided to list everything six days ago and I've put up at least 40 from other games since then. I really should have started doing this sooner.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I... found a minor bug with blocklists on ModBot. If in the past someone you thought you had blocked was able to win something, I believe I have found the cause. Sorry about that. It was a really really stupid case sensitivity thing. It's fixed going forward.

JaseC

Time to sell, autumn and winter sales are coming

Yeah, the reason I finally began selling my stash is that I'm not sure how much real money I'll have to spare. I'm going to largely focus on licensed games during the Autumn Sale and then, come the Winter Sale, poke through the rest of Steam's catalogue.

Arthea

I had around 600 cards sitting in my inventory when I decided to list everything six days ago and I've put up at least 40 from other games since then. I really should have started doing this sooner.

you badge page must be nightmare, mine loads ages, I can only imagine how long you have to wait for yours.
Do you know how many games with cards you have?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I... found a minor bug with blocklists on ModBot. If in the past someone you thought you had blocked was able to win something, I believe I have found the cause. Sorry about that. It was a really really stupid case sensitivity thing. It's fixed going forward.

Awww yeah haters I've been eligible for all your give aways that tried to block me thanks to my S and F.

I must have screwed up the formatting on my FEAR mobot giveaway. If anyone wants it, send me a pm and I'll give you the link for it.

It's been taken, thanks for the interest.

JaseC

you badge page must be nightmare, mine loads ages, I can only imagine how long you have to wait for yours.
Do you know how many games with cards you have?

I've no idea. I know Enhanced Steam tells you how many drops you have remaining but I don't think it mentions games.

Edit:
504 card drops remaining
128 games with drops remaining
170 games eligible for booster packs

128 games with drops remaining + 170 games with no drops remaining - Dota 2 (the only F2P game in my list) = 297.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
How are the FEAR games? The only thing in the bundle I really want is GoME and I'm not even sure I'd have much time to play it.

F.E.A.R. 1 is probably one of the best modern single player FPSes ever created imo, can't say anything for the next two games as I barely played F.E.A.R. 2 and F.E.A.R. 3 but apparently they were pretty average.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
F.E.A.R. 1 is probably one of the best modern single player FPSes ever created imo, can't say anything for the next two games as I barely played F.E.A.R. 2 and F.E.A.R. 3

F.E.A.R. 2 and 3 are fun FPS games and goofier than the first story-wise. I think they are worth the time they ask (~7 and ~5 hours IIRC from personal experience).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Legend of Grimrock is a modern homage to a very old genre: first person dungeon crawling.

If you are not sure what that is, what sets it apart from kings field mainly is that it employs party and turn based systems.

It's absolutely worth playing.

I've never played a game like this but always thought that it would be one that I would enjoy. That looks really fun to me. *adds another game to wishlist* Damn thee sirrah!

I didn't play many games of that genre back then, but I DID play Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos. Since I was young and dumb, I never quite noticed how amazing it actually is. I bought it recently on GoG, but the DosBox version of it doesn't run nearly as well: There's hitching, screen corruption from time to time and audio hitching as well.

Interestingly enough, the game runs on ScummVM, but only partially. I'm waiting for that version to improve before playing it.

I'm saying all this because Legend of Grimrock is an amazing homage to those kinds of games (like RealityExists said), but it's nicely polished, the animations are amazing, and the main quest seems pretty good so far, with nice puzzles. I'm on level 6 and the only thing I don't like are the teleport puzzles, but I never liked those anywhere.

The best thing about it is that it has support for custom maps and Steam Workshop, which is a nice addition, since once you know all the puzzles from a stage, there's no replayability.

It's an amazing game and everybody should play it, even if just to learn about this "old" genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom