• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This seem legit to you guys? Looking to get one of those adapters, and for that price...

(I never shop on eBay, that's why I'm asking.)

You can't buy Official loose 360 Wireless Receivers for PC anymore. The only way you can find one is by either buying a used one or buying a 360+Adaptor kit - They're sold as Wireless PC Controllers.

HOWEVER, every single official 360 wireless adapter for PC has a problem with a fuse that, eventually, blows up, rendering them useless (until you either replace that fuse or bypass it entirely). On the other hand, all the fake ones work. I've been using one for YEARS without a single issue. Some of them are instantly recognized by Windows, others require you to manually install the drive for them. It's easy and quick to do it, and the computer will recognize them forever after you manually install the drive at first.

On the plus side, they're also available in a myriad of colors, are cheaper and usually have free shipping. I would just buy the cheapest one. I wouldn't even care about the blister box, to be honest.

You can't buy Official loose 360 Wireless Receivers for PC anymore. The only way you can find one is by either buying a used one or buying a 360+Adaptor kit - They're sold as Wireless PC Controllers.

HOWEVER, every single official 360 wireless adapter for PC has a problem with a fuse that, eventually, blows up, rendering them useless (until you either replace that fuse or bypass it entirely). On the other hand, all the fake ones work. I've been using one for YEARS without a single issue. Some of them are instantly recognized by Windows, others require you to manually install the drive for them. It's easy and quick to do it, and the computer will recognize them forever after you manually install the drive at first.

On the plus side, they're also available in a myriad of colors, are cheaper and usually have free shipping. I would just buy the cheapest one. I wouldn't even care about the blister box, to be honest.

Good to know. I'll check Amazon.

Is it worth re-buying Riddick via Gamestop/Impulse for Steam if I already have a (kinda awful but whatever) Direct2Drive/Gamefly copy? Just started playing it and it seems like it could be okay, but I don't know if I'm missing out on achievements or anything that would be worth the extra $5.

Also, protip: don't leave a controller plugged in if you're playing with mouse and keyboard. For the longest time I thought my game was busted because I could move backwards but not forwards unless I tapped W repeatedly like an idiot. Then I unplugged my controllers and magically everything was okay. UGH.

Dec

Strange. I've had an official adapter for... 5 years now? It still works perfect.

Is it worth re-buying Riddick via Gamestop/Impulse for Steam if I already have a (kinda awful but whatever) Direct2Drive/Gamefly copy? Just started playing it and it seems like it could be okay, but I don't know if I'm missing out on achievements or anything that would be worth the extra $5.

The Steam of Riddick has the Tages DRM, which makes GFWL or Uplay look consumer-friendly.

Tizoc

Gah 1 day left on the Groupees Doujin Bundle, granted not all games are steam redeemable but I so want those Visual Novels...

Echoplx

To be honest, I didn't even realise Riddick had Tages when I played it last year. Can't say the same for gfwl or uplay. Forced clients are more disruptive of my experience then a silent background DRM. Not that I'm OK with the latter but it's better imo.

Colin.

This seem legit to you guys? Looking to get one of those adapters, and for that price...

(I never shop on eBay, that's why I'm asking.)

Kind of been answered already, but I also use an unofficial wireless adapter. Got it from eBay for like £4 or so, and has worked like a charm. Was just a case of installing the official Microsoft drivers and then it was good to go.

FloatOn

Despite riddick probably being a good game I can't bring myself to play it because

1) the movies it's based on blows

2) I don't want to look at vin diesels stupid punchable face

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Playing the games recently myself and not really caring about the movies or Vin Disel myself, I easily forgot what it was about or who and just focused on them as FPS with fun stealth kills and weapons.

I guess you could also let your character get punched in the face a few times.

I've put together what I believe is a complete list of 2D platform adventures on Steam. Basically a loose definition of metroidvania limited to 2D platformers. I've included any game that doesn't follow the regular level/point a-to-b formula and has a more open-ended design.

Thanks for this, expanded my Wishlist quite a bit.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
249 more games until 1,000.

Hopefully when I get past that number I'll slow down on my purchases.

Well the problem is that even if you "exhaust" the store's current library for purchases, it's growing more than ever. Around 60-70 games get released every month. So... I doubt your rate of purchases is going to slow down.

FloatOn

What. Pitch Black was mediocre at best

Is what this should read.

I'm glad people are having a chance to add some white whales to their library but if it were me I'd pick up ghostbusters over riddick.

I already beat ghostbusters so I'm not going to bother.

The_Monk

Well the problem is that even if you "exhaust" the store's current library for purchases, it's growing more than ever. Around 60-70 games get released every month.

I think I just can't keep with new releases these days. There's so many games releasing. I mean I'm on Steam-GAF and I do check "New Releases" tab on Steam but still, there's much I'll be missing. Not a problem, to be honest, having a wide selection can never be a bad thing, right?

Turfster

Is what this should read.

You kinda missed my joke there =p
(See also: "Man I'm glad they never made those other two trilogies for Star Wars")
(Altho I still say Pitch Black was great)

GAF, help me! Everytime I opened up steam, it freezes on me.
Backup the files in the steam directory and delete all of them except the Steam.exe and try running it again. It should rebuild the rest of the files.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think I just can't keep with new releases these days. There's so many games releasing. I mean I'm on Steam-GAF and I do check "New Releases" tab on Steam but still, there's much I'll be missing. Not a problem, to be honest, having a wide selection can never be a bad thing, right?

I added 6 new releases to my wishlist in one day last week. Yeah, I think it's fair to say we're getting to the point that it's hard to keep up with them! :p It's going to make for some great winter and summer sales, that's for sure.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm ready

T7iW9r5.png

Anteater

I'm having difficulty keeping up with old releases.

Just started playing The Last Remnant, missing the old games isn't too bad, game run and looks so good now.

I forget it is even there until someone mentions it on here.

Oh and Ittle Dew; controller or kb&m?

^^^ Is the joke that they don't know what 'trilogy' means or that they do know and are being faux stupid? :/

The_Monk

I added 6 new releases to my wishlist in one day last week. Yeah, I think it's fair to say we're getting to the point that it's hard to keep up with them! :p It's going to make for some great winter and summer sales, that's for sure.

I added one, Banished. Much more titles escaped from my attention but I think they do have some bigger spotlight in the upcoming sales if you pay attention. My Wishlist is ridiculously extensive with 19 Titles already (that's too much for me).

I just hope there's some variety, I can expect many repeated deals but there's some hidden treasure here and there.

The_Monk

Also I have a question good people:

I deleted a game from Steam, go to another PC, log in, get that code you receive in the email to "register" that PC, download the game and there's no "load game" option.

Is there any way to grab those files from the cloud by downloading them? Don't all games always upload your last progression to the cloud so we can access them and keep on playing even if on a different computer?

Turfster

Also I have a question good people:

I deleted a game from Steam, go to another PC, log in, get that code you receive in the email to "register" that PC, download the game and there's no "load game" option.

Is there any way to grab those files from the cloud by downloading them? Don't all games always upload your last progression to the cloud so we can access them and keep on playing even if on a different computer?

Not all of them, only cloud-enabled ones.
Which game was it?

Copons

I've noticed a weird pattern in Steam Community wall.

Basically, whenever a GAF user posts a bunch of screenshots, the first one is always liked by The_Monk, while the other pics aren't.

Why, The_Monk? Why don't you show some love to the other pics? :'(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sweet!

You recently purchased Ghostbusters - The Video Game which went on sale after you ordered it. We would like to give you a refund for the difference in the price of the game. I have submitted a request to refund $5.00 so that you can enjoy the benefits of this sale.
You should receive your refund within 5 to 10 business days.
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance to you.

:)

The_Monk

Not all of them, only cloud-enabled ones.
Which game was it?

I've not tried yet but I was going to, with X-Com Enemy Unknown. How do I know which games support it? By looking at Store page and see if there's a "cloud" icon? Why did I had the idea that all games supported it... Oh well.

I've noticed a weird pattern in Steam Community wall.

Basically, whenever a GAF user posts a bunch of screenshots, the first one is always liked by The_Monk, while the other pics aren't.

Why, The_Monk? Why don't you show some love to the other pics? :'(

To be fair I watch all of them, by clicking the button and liking it (even if it's only the first for time saving purposes) I'm just saying: "Hey, I see you took the effort to upload these screenshots, name them or even by writing some descriptions. I watched them, I liked them, you are not alone, someone is happy that you shared them and that person is saying -Thanks! Keep up the good work. :)"

Turfster

I've not tried yet but I was going to, with X-Com Enemy Unknown. How do I know which games support it? By looking at Store page and see if there's a "cloud" icon? Why did I had the idea that all games supported it... Oh well.
Huh. Enemy Unknown has steam cloud.
Can you right-click on it in your library and check if Steam Cloud sync is enabled in the Updates tab?
I fixed my steam, I deleted everything but steamapp folder and steam.exe.

Told you ;)

Does anyone have experience with CONDEMNED FPS DROPS? My game runs 10 FPS and the "turn off HID devices" tip didn't do anything. Not to mention playing without mouse kinda sucks.

Copons

To be fair I watch all of them, by clicking the button and liking it (even if it's only the first for time saving purposes) I'm just saying: "Hey, I see you took the effort to upload these screenshots, name them or even by writing some descriptions. I watched them, I liked them, you are not alone, someone is happy that you shared them and that person is saying -Thanks! Keep up the good work. :)"

Still, now I'll intentionally try to put the worst one of my future batches as the first displayed, for the sole purpose of annoying you! :D

JK of course! It's always nice to have some positive feedback! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If you switch to List View a little cloud icon appears opposite titles which support Steam Cloud, and you can click the cloud tab to sort the list accordingly, but not every such game uses it for saves -- Rage, for example, just stores its config file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom