• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had a lot of fun with it but I only played the first month. Got to cap and didn't resubscribe, as with most MMOs, the end game wasn't in place at launch. Not sure how it's come along since.

The only MMO I've ever played is WoW, but I couldn't get into it. 'Twasn't my cup of tea.

Wait, Wet don't have a PC version? Did Bethesda even explained the reason for it not being released for PC.

Sierra was the original publisher, but the game was dropped after Acti merged with Vivendi Games in 2008; Bethesda picked up the project in April 2009 and just funded the final few months needed to finish it off. I'd guess nobody saw any sense in pushing back the release date further so a PC port could be developed.

wazoo

Is WET UE 3.0 ?

Does not look like that. I think Enslaved is the last missing 3rd party game using this engine arriving on PC. All others engines may require more work if they are tailored for consoles.

Sierra was the original publisher, but the game was dropped after Acti merged with Vivendi Games in 2008; Bethesda picked up the project in April 2009 and just funded the final few months needed to it off. I'd guess nobody saw any sense in pushing back the release date further so a PC port could be developed.

I didn't knew about it thanks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is WET UE 3.0 ?

Does not look like that. I think Enslaved is the last missing 3rd party game using this engine arriving on PC. All others engines may require more work if they are tailored for consoles.

It uses the Gaia engine, which I assume is AM&M's own.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
tUA1McT.png
I have this to giveaway too.

Tizoc

I luckily played it on 360 so the performance was fine. Though playing it at 1080P and 60FPS would be pretty killer. I bought it back for 30 and felt I got my money's worth out of it. JoJo hitting steam would be a Day 1 buy for me. Were itching ever so close to JPN games hitting steam regularly at this point.

I really wish Steam would put more effort into getting Japanese indies/devs/doujins, etc. on their service. The thread about Treasure not getting Steam's big-ass contract was funny.

Jawmuncher

Thanks Jawmuncher for the Two Worlds Epic Edition coupon.

I really wish Steam would put more effort into getting Japanese indies/devs/doujins, etc. on their service. The thread about Treasure not getting Steam's big-ass contract was funny.

Yeah I really really hope that Steam starts pushing for Japanese Devs.
It's really the only thing missing from Steam at this point. Especially since if anyone can change the current state of affairs it would be Valve.

Veezy

que?
Which Mount and Blade is the best to install when it comes to really well made mod support? I have all three, but I'm not sure which is the preferred one.

sixthsense

Neo Member
Does anyone know what's the difference between Stronghold HD and Stronghold crusader HD ? Does everything in stronghold included in crusader ?

The_Monk

I guess I'm going to start my Batman Arkham Asylum playthrough. As always, I feel I'm on a different world than most GAFfers because all I see now is those shiny new screens from Origins.

Which is fine, I can't get Origins now but I feel happy. I think that when you find out what's really important in life, things became so much easier. My life been a roller coaster lately but it's always great to understand what matters in the end. Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for keeping active and friendly after all these months and years. I have nothing but a huge respect for this amazing Community. Now, let's go do some Bat-adventures! :)

I guess I'm going to start my Batman Arkham Asylum playthrough. As always, I feel I'm on a different world than most GAFfers because all I see now is those shiny new screens from Origins.

Which is fine, I can't get Origins now but I feel happy. I think that when you find out what's really important in life, things became so much easier. My life been a roller coaster lately but it's always great to understand what matters in the end. Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for keeping active and friendly after all these months and years. I have nothing but a huge respect for this amazing Community. Now, let's go do some Bat-adventures! :)

That different world is not so bad. Some of us here provide cookies and give good hugs! :p

Hope you enjoy AA! :)

Copons

So, I've played Don't Starve for 1 hour or so after putting it aside this summer after 4 hours because of reasons.
It seems to me they've changed A LOT of stuff during this months! Now everything seems more "dynamic", in the sense that things "passively" happens, like I got attacked by some boar-thingys even without doing anything to "actively" bother them.
I know it could be a random event that maybe occurred even back then, but still it seemed less boring and less pleasant to roam around the world, just grinding for materials.

Also, the controller implementation is nice, even if I think it could be better if they put all the menus in a "paused" context, because I often eat or did stuff with "right analog" menu items I didn't want to do, just pushing inadvertently the d-pad.

Tenrius

What I don't like about Arkham City and Arkham Origins is that sometimes the open world experience is not very fluid. It typically happens this way: you're making your way through Gotham to some remote destination. You hear about a nearby crime in progress on the police scanner. You go there, you fight the mobsters and you accidentally die in the process. A checkpoint reloads; you are eager to have a second go at those mobsters. But it turns out you can't, because you find yourself in another place (with the same district, admittedly) and even if you go back, that ongoing crime won't appear on the police scanner again. Not cool.

Also, I died shortly after doing a specific story mission (
get the second SIM card to triangulate Penguin's position
) and the game didn't save after for some reason, so I had to do all of it again. Why didn't they put a checkpoint immediately afterwards?

Rand6

Have fun ;)
Batman AA is the best Batman game (better than AC I think).

Anteater

I started playing Cave Story, it's really cool, I can't believe I didn't know of this game until now :eek:

I'm actually having more fun with my friend's backlog than my own through sharing :lol, it feels like I've been buying the wrong games!

derExperte

Also, I died shortly after doing a specific story mission (
get the second SIM card to triangulate Penguin's position
) and the game didn't save after for some reason, so I had to do all of it again. Why didn't they put a checkpoint immediately afterwards?

You're not the first who has complained about that specific checkpoint, maybe it's bugged.

Tesseract

Banned
i'm enjoying lords of shadow, it grows on you more and more over time.

also: don't forget don't starve is on sale and recently updated with loads of content additions, and magnificent controller support.

eldritch is pretty rad too (also has controller support).

I played a 4 hour session of Warband today. The Nords begged me to join them, then together we erased Swadia off the map. I only got one castle out of it and we're not at war with anyone else. I don't have enough money to start my own kingdom, so I might leave the Nords and join another faction. This game is digital crack.

Crub

I've put together what I believe is a complete list of 2D platform adventures on Steam. Basically a loose definition of metroidvania limited to 2D platformers. I've included any game that doesn't follow the regular level/point a-to-b formula and has a more open-ended design.

1000 Amps
A Valley Without Wind
A Valley Without Wind 2
Aquaria
Aztaka
Bad Bots
Bunny Must Die
The Cave
Cave Story +
Dark Matter
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Edge of Space
Fez
Flashback
Fortune Summoners
Gateways
Guacamelee
Hell Yeah!
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Knytt Underground
La-Mulana
Lunnye Devitsy
Rouge Knight
Saira
Terraria
TokiTori 2+
Under the Ocean
Unepic
Wake
Waking Mars
Wonder Boy in Monster World
VVVVVV

As for upcoming games:
AdventurOS
AxiomVerge
Chasm
Child of Light
Darkout
Escape Goat 2
The Fall
Flightless
Frogatto & Friends
Full Bore
Ghost Song
Hot Tin Roof
Iconclasts
La-Mulana 2
Legend of Iya
Night in the Woods
Owlboy
Project Black Sun
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Starbound
Strider
Terraria 2
Treasure Adventure World
Valdis Story: Abyssal City

Crub

Wouldn't Bionic Commando fit into that too?

Not really, played the game recently and the game is divided into linear levels. Aside from the FSA Camps, which should always be entered as soon as they are accessed, the regular levels are designed to be played in their numerical order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom