• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
ivKJXKCKAjdYZ.gif

War of the Roses is shit, tho.

Damn y'all ruthless lol. I haven't even tried it yet, but I was told it was a good game but like a slower more sim like version of Chrivalry and Mount & Blade.

Turfster

Damn y'all ruthless lol. I haven't even tried it yet, but I was told it was a good game but like a slower more sim like version of Chrivalry and Mount & Blade.

I got attacked (and hurt) while I was dead and in ghost mode, while the message that in ghost mode I couldn't attack or be attacked was on the screen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Something seems a little wrong with this picture...

There. A bit better.

I like the way you think!

Edit: As expected, Squeenix has yanked DE:HR and The Missing Link. The Director's Cut is now the only version of the game offered.

Turfster

Edit: As expected, Squeenix has yanked DE:HR and The Missing Link. The Director's Cut is now the only version of the game offered.

Speaking of which...
My quick run to get to Hengsha to get the Fall achievement in vanilla DX took 3 hours, even with basically doing a stealth run. I've been playing the DC for about 10 hours now, and I haven't even been to the FEMA base on my completionist ghost run...

I really wish Square's port buddies fix the PC version so it's as playable as vanilla DE.

I really haven't run into a single problem in all that time...

random

Feeling lucky? There's a slight possibility this key will redeem Half-Life 3.

If you're not feeling lucky and just want Civilization V, you could just enter for that.

I was feeling lucky, and entered for Civilization V.

Now, should I play the first two fist, or will I get the story if I start with HL3 (I'm very new to Steam)?

Thank you!

Jawmuncher

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

thanks steam....none of the fixes are working

Anyone have experience with g2a.com? They're selling Prey keys for $10 and I was considering it for a replay. Unless someone knows of a better spot to snag a copy.

JaseC

Just to confirm that the cc trick people outside the US used to buy DE:HR early does indeed work with other titles, here's Rayman Raving Rabbids, which has no purchase option on Steam AU:

Steam AU versus Steam US:
129umo.jpg

2m6u3l.jpg

Region switch notice when checking out:
3ebuwn.jpg

Confirmation screen:
4a3u2c.jpg

I'll reiterate that this will only work if the game is actually offered in your region (in other words, if it has a store page).

Turfster

So basically, unless I missed something, the Barrett fight in DXHR is still shit.
Now you have the option to plug praxis points
into turret control and take him out like that
instead of the classic
typhoon lolkill
"Yay." At first I thought we'd be able to drop one of the hanging crates on him, but nope, apparently they're just decoration.

So basically, unless I missed something, the Barrett fight in DXHR is still shit.
Now you have the option to plug praxis points
into turret control and take him out like that
instead of the classic
typhoon lolkill
"Yay." At first I thought we'd be able to drop one of the hanging crates on him, but nope, apparently they're just decoration.
Well
they did litter the place with explosive barrels that you can straight up toss at him to victory now, and extra weaponry, and a spot in a grate within the vents that you can snipe him through.

The Fedorova fight
has a better twist it I think,
but she's still annoying when she attacks. Getting sprinted at and typhooned just feels lame

Edit: Don't really consider the above spoilers but I figured I'd be cautious.

Just to confirm that the cc trick people outside the US used to buy DE:HR early does indeed work with other titles, here's Rayman Raving Rabbids, which has no purchase option on Steam AU:

http://abload.de/img/129umo.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/2m6u3l.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/3ebuwn.jpg[IMG]

Confirmation screen:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/4a3u2c.jpg[IMG]

I'll reiterate that this will only work if the game is actually offered in your region (in other words, if it has a store page).[/QUOTE]

Does the game work without a VPN?

And can you use it to get around bullshit Aus/NZ prices too? I've known about the cc trick for years but only used it to compare prices and actively avoid any games that were more expensive for us.

JaseC

Did Capcom mention that GWFL will be removed from Lost Planet Colonies Edition? GMG is selling it for quite cheap

Supposedly Capcom is planning to remove GFWL from its relevant titles. I've sent an e-mail to Capcom myself asking for confirmation and will post the response here should I receive one.

Guys so I'm kind of interested in Mount & Blade and noticed the complete collection is also on sale for $8.74 at 75% off. Should I bite?

Turfster

Well
they did litter the place with explosive barrels that you can straight up toss at him to victory now, and extra weaponry, and a spot in a grate within the vents that you can snipe him through.

The Fedorova fight
has a better twist it I think,
but she's still annoying when she attacks. Getting sprinted to and typhooned just feels lame

Edit: Don't really consider the above spoilers but I figured I'd be cautious.

I found the new version of the Barrett fight disappointing.
Guess I'll just loltyphoon the others like in vanilla.
The sad part is that the director's cut talks about the ideas they had for the boss fight at the start, and those all sounded so much better than this =p

JaseC

Does the game work without a VPN?

And can you use it to get around bullshit Aus/NZ prices too? I've known about the cc trick for years but only used it to compare prices and actively avoid any games that were more expensive for us.

I didn't go through with buying the game (it's only $10 but the Autumn Sale is just a month away), however its one and only sub has no region restrictions.

I didn't think to use the ability to view the stores of other regions to bypass the lack of a purchase option until DE:HR DC (I'm surprised it worked, to be honest). You can't use the trick to bypass existing prices, I'm afraid; those on the store of your region are given preference, and even if that were possible, you'd be playing with fire as Valve doesn't take kindly to skirting region-specific pricing through avenues other than gifting/trading.

Guys so I'm kind of interested in Mount & Blade and noticed the complete collection is also on sale for $8.74 at 75% off. Should I bite?
As I understand it Warband is essentially the only thing you'll ever need. From what I gathered it's a straight upgrade to Mount & Blade rendering it redundant, while With Fire & Sword is an official mod created by a different team and not as well received.

So if you wanna save the $3.74, just go with the one.

Of course that depends on how much joy you gather from padding your list.

I found the new version of the Barrett fight disappointing.
Guess I'll just loltyphoon the others like in vanilla.
The sad part is that the director's cut talks about the ideas they had for the boss fight at the start, and those all sounded so much better than this =p
Haha, that's kind of the downside of listening to the commentary, a few times now they've gone on about cool ideas they had that they had to scrap for time/effort/budget/whatever other limitation.

As I understand it Warband is essentially the only thing you'll ever need. From what I gathered it's a straight upgrade to Mount & Blade rendering it redundant, while With Fire & Sword is an official mod created by a different team and not as well received.

So if you wanna save the $3.74, just go with the one.

Of course that depends on how much joy you gather from padding your list.

Haha, that's kind of the downside of listening to the commentary, a few times now they've gone on about cool ideas they had that they had to scrap for time/effort/budget/whatever other limitation.

Thanks, think I'll just stick with Warband then.

Turfster

Yeah, but since they came back to it and 'fixed' it, they could have made it better, dammti! =p

I didn't go through with buying the game (it's only $10 but the Autumn Sale is just a month away), however its one and only sub has no region restrictions.

I didn't think to use the ability to view the stores of other regions to bypass the lack of a purchase option until DE:HR DC. I'm surprised it worked, to be honest. You can't use the trick to bypass existing prices, I'm afraid; pricing on the store of your region is given preference.

Good news about the game but that sucks about the prices. Ah well, I'll just continue avoiding the stupidly overpriced games or finding someone that can buy them for me.

Thanks.

JaseC

Good news about the game but that sucks about the prices. Ah well, I'll just continue avoiding the stupidly overpriced games or finding someone that can buy them for me.

Thanks.

It's no great loss as bypassing region-specific pricing outside of gifting/trading carries the risk of your account being permanently put in a restricted state should Valve catch on to what you're doing.

ChryZ

OMG, I won Ghostbusters!

Entered without expecting to win this, went to bed and just woke up to this awesome surprise.

Being from outside the US made it especially sweet since the game is technically not available in our region.

Ghostbusters is one of my all time favorite movies and also one of my earliest cinema experiences. Can't wait to play this game.

Thank you, KenOD. I'll pay it forward.

129umo.jpg

2m6u3l.jpg

3ebuwn.jpg

Confirmation screen:
4a3u2c.jpg

I'll reiterate that this will only work if the game is actually offered in your region (in other words, if it has a store page).
How does this work exactly?

JaseC

How does this work exactly?

If a game in your region has a store page but no purchasing options, yet is available in another region, you can access the store of the latter by visiting http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=xx (where xx is your desired country code), add the game to your cart, and purchase it as you normally would.

Edit: I'm not sure how the difference currencies Steam supports are ranked in terms of preference, but judging from the Rayman test it seems the checkout system will first default to the Steam US price (I tried to check out with the Steam BR price of BRL$19.99, however it changed to USD$9.99).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Jase, hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you decide when to buy games? Is there a strategy or budget you stick to? Do you wait for deep discounts or jump in early for games you might feel like playing? Just curious how it is for collectors.

JaseC

Jase, hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you decide when to buy games? Is there a strategy or budget you stick to? Do you wait for deep discounts or jump in early for games you might feel like playing? Just curious how it is for collectors.

Generally speaking, I just buy them when I consider them cheap enough, but as sale periods near I try to stay away from lesser discounts or items that are ~$10 or more unless there are special circumstances to consider (e.g. it's an older licensed title), though I broke this rule a bit recently as the Halloween Sale is around the corner yet a couple of weeks ago I purchased two RU Football Manager keys (one of which I didn't actually need -- oops) and a retail copy of 007 Legends.

Jawmuncher

I'm hoping Star Trek hits 5.00 this year.
It was 7.50 last year so I think it's time. Especially since I don't think this is one that'll stay on Steam.

EDIT For Top of Page:
I hope Namco Bandai brings some more of their console games to PC as well. Especially Splatterhouse which is just all kinds of fun.

Also I put in a order for Ghostbusters and Riddick so if that goes through I'll have keys for those 2 if anyone is having trouble getting it.
(want to help out anyone in EU trying to get them)

JaseC

I'd like for Bethesda to greenlight a PC port of Wet, just so I stop mistakenly thinking there's a PC port of Wet. ;)

Dr Dogg

Well that was a waste of time hurrying home last night. GameStop's system must be having a meltdown and randomly rejecting people seeing as who I badgered in to try to get me a copy lives in the US and already has an Impulse account. Asked to try again so fingers crossed.

I'd like for Bethesda to greenlight a PC port of Wet, just so I stop mistakenly thinking there's a PC port of Wet. ;)

Get on to change.org or grab your soap box. I doubt you'll convince many people to play it (I've heard it's not bad just not great) owning though might be a different matter. Though as a last resort you could tap up the Eliza Dushku fan club.

JaseC

I keep thinking there's one to.
It's really odd that there isn't.

Every time I spot the game on my mate's shelf and see the Bethesda logo, I think to myself, "I should buy Wet when it's on sale", which only serves to instantly remind me that there's no PC version. I doubt a belated port would turn a profit as quickly as, say, Alan Wake did, but that's nothing a few sales across a few months wouldn't fix.

Get on to change.org or grab your soap box. I doubt you'll convince many people to play it (I've heard it's not bad just not great) owning though might be a different matter. Though as a last resort you could tap up the Eliza Dushku fan club.

I still need to get around to contacting Bethesda about Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, so I might slip in a question about Wet, even though, deep down, I know the answer.

Tizoc

I'm hoping Star Trek hits 5.00 this year.
It was 7.50 last year so I think it's time. Especially since I don't think this is one that'll stay on Steam.

EDIT For Top of Page:
I hope Namco Bandai brings some more of their console games to PC as well. Especially Splatterhouse which is just all kinds of fun.

Also I put in a order for Ghostbusters and Riddick so if that goes through I'll have keys for those 2 if anyone is having trouble getting it.
(want to help out anyone in EU trying to get them)

*Brofist* Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants it on Steam. PS3 perfomance left much to be desired but it's a decent game for $10-ish.

Now if JoJo ASB gets on Steam and becomes patched for 60 FPS...HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
tumblr_mv5oa9sLde1qa5504o1_1280.png

Jawmuncher

*Brofist* Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants it on Steam. PS3 perfomance left much to be desired but it's a decent game for $10-ish.

Now if JoJo ASB gets on Steam and becomes patched for 60 FPS...HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

I luckily played it on 360 so the performance was fine. Though playing it at 1080P and 60FPS would be pretty killer. I bought it back for 30 and felt I got my money's worth out of it. JoJo hitting steam would be a Day 1 buy for me. Were itching ever so close to JPN games hitting steam regularly at this point.

Every time I spot the game on my mate's shelf and see the Bethesda logo, I think to myself, "I should buy Wet when it's on sale", which only serves to instantly remind me that there's no PC version. I doubt a belated port would turn a profit as quickly as, say, Alan Wake did, but that's nothing a few sales across a few months wouldn't fix.

I still need to get around to contacting Bethesda about Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, so I might slip in a question about Wet, even though, deep down, I know the answer.

Yeah Wet and the removal of prey from steam is definitely odd from Bethesda since basically everything else they have is on Steam

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone want a 90% off Two Worlds Epic Edition (This is the first game not the second) It comes out to a dollar.

Also does level determine the kind of coupons you get? Ever since I hit level 30 I have been getting nothing but 75% and up coupons not to mention for new games. Perhaps the coupon list has changed.

JaseC

Yeah Wet and the removal of prey from steam is definitely odd from Bethesda since basically everything else they have is on Steam

For a good few years post-Steam removal 2K was publishing retail copies of Prey in the UK under a budget label, but it seems even those are beginning to dry up now as Gamesplanet no longer offers keys for the game, Zavvi is out of stock and Amazon UK doesn't offer copies directly but rather through a third party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone want a 90% off Two Worlds Epic Edition (This is the first game not the second) It comes out to a dollar.

Also does level determine the kind of coupons you get? Ever since I hit level 30 I have been getting nothing but 75% and up coupons not to mention for new games. Perhaps the coupon list has changed.

I'm missing Two Worlds Epic Edition, I'd like the coupon.

kulapik

Steam's new download managing is pretty weird, maybe because my skin hasn't changed it yet (started using Metro, PixelVision made the last page stayed as background :()

Dec

Rift (F2P) is back.

Great. They took it down when they moved to F2P. I was interested in trying it again but my old client install (I never uninstall fucking anything) was corrupt and I was just going to wait til it was back on Steam.

Internet caps. I wanted it on Steam but wouldn't download it all over again when it came back. Now the problem is that I have zero interest left in playing it now.

JaseC

Steam's new download managing is pretty weird, maybe because my skin hasn't changed it yet (started using Metro, PixelVision made the last page stayed as background :()

That's been fixed, but today's update caused a small text overlap issue.

JaseC

Great. They took it down when they moved to F2P. I was interested in trying it again but my old client install (I never uninstall fucking anything) was corrupt and I was just going to wait til it was back on Steam.

Internet caps. I wanted it on Steam but wouldn't download it all over again when it came back. Now the problem is that I have zero interest left in playing it now.

I'm bummed that I missed the boat while it was pay-to-play, but at least I can now tether it to my library by buying a piece of its DLC.

Edit: D'oh, forgot to switch tabs.

Dec

I'm bummed that I missed the boat while it was pay-to-play, but at least I can now tether it to my library by buying a piece of its DLC.

Edit: D'oh, forgot to switch tabs.

I had a lot of fun with it but I only played the first month. Got to cap and didn't resubscribe, as with most MMOs, the end game wasn't in place at launch. Not sure how it's come along since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom