• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

Yesterday my jaw dropped seeing the Metro shift+tab pause. Holy shit, didn't know Steam could be
that changeable.

Also, woo, member! :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For anybody interested in the Black Flag Season Pass, it's 25% off for DDE owners, making it a little over $10 in Russia (approx. $13.50 if you just own the standard edition) and the sub is universal, so there's no risk of Ubi dicking people over (though on that note, the matter of the RU Black Flag subs being retroactively region-locked has been officially raised with Ubi's sales team, so there's a possibility it'll be reversed soon). Ubi may replace the sub on the RU store page with an RU-specific one in the future, but this is something you can check before dealing with a trader -- hover over the "Add to cart" button and make sure the sub id mentioned in the URL is 33495:

bfspwcsle.jpg

Parsnip

I need to get my hands on both of those controllers before I make my pick. Assuming proper drivers will arrive for both at a later date that is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need to get my hands on both of those controllers before I make my pick. Assuming proper drivers will arrive for both at a later date that is.

Sony not offering X-input-supporting drivers seems rather silly to me considering the enthusiasm surrounding the revamped design of the DS4 and the modest popularity of its predecessor as a PC input device.

Parsnip

Sony not offering X-input-supporting drivers seems rather silly to me considering the enthusiasm surrounding the revamped design of the DS4 and the modest popularity of its predecessor as a PC input device.
Lets hope it's just a matter of resources and Cerny will personally code the drivers after the launch fever dies down a bit.

Anyone else thinking about getting a PS4 controller day one for their PC?

Stupid Microsoft, I would gladly buy the Xbox One controller if it had PC support from day one.

When there is an xinput emulator or Linux kernel support for it I will.

My dualshock 3 is already a fantastic PC controller.

hitoshi

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Obulis -- MB-4A187D1F874505B0 - Taken by Camel Master. 5 entrants total.

t1382884308z1.png

Momentary

Banned
I'm still trying to tell myself not to pay $80 for Assassin's Creed and that I know it will be on sale during Christmas and that I have Naruto and Batman on to play and that I'll be in the field from the 12th to the 25th of November. I also need to beat Assassin's Creed 3...

hitoshi

And an other one

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Alien Shooter 2 -- MB-75346A029B36FBFF - Taken by Mengy. 3 entrants total.

t1382885614z1.png

valouris

I hope this new gen won't mean they'll change the button inputs in-game for every game out there again. I got a 360 pad just because this annoyed the hell out of me.

Hanzou

This is a weird question but is the .exe for Chivalry called udk.exe? Wanted to make a thread about a Steam possible glitch and need to verify this.

Good luck!

Thanks for Obulis, hitoshi!

Here's two games back :)

ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg

XIII Century Gold Edition -- MB-0A3F8F5D618FF250 - Taken by PriitV. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Hack, Slash, Loot (Desura) -- MB-21C6D9E0DE440A67 - Taken by Lain. 1 entrants total.

t1382885839z1.png

Tizoc

2 days before Deadly Premonition's unlock and still no cheaper deal, that doesn't involve keys. Once it hits final 24 hours, I will buy it.

I plan on getting Deadly Premonition tomorrow once I get my paycheck along with whatever's on sale...wait the Halloween Sale's tomorrow, RiP wallet...

Just cleared Bunny Must Die, took me 11hrs and after a quite hard last boss (which is totally my fault since I tried to do it without using continues only to give up 20 minutes later D:), I get to the end and
looks like I need to get more items to get the good ending HDISJQDHQSUDHQSUID.
Speaking of which, I might try to finish Cave Story+ again, I don't remember getting the good ending.

Also, started to play some Volgarr, the game is hard as shiet but man is it satisfying when you get good at it.

I plan on getting Deadly Premonition tomorrow once I get my paycheck along with whatever's on sale...wait the Halloween Sale's tomorrow, RiP wallet...

The only thing this needs to get my pre-order if a few returns on performance. I heard the game had really weird performances on consoles, my PC is more powerful but you never now.

Crayons

Banned
Halloween Sale is tomorrow?

But I still haven't picked up the two Resident Evil games on the eShop and Week 2 of Sony's Halloween Sale starts Tuesday.

What am I to do?

Tizoc

Halloween Sale is tomorrow?

But I still haven't picked up the two Resident Evil games on the eShop and Week 2 of Sony's Halloween Sale starts Tuesday.

What am I to do?

Give up on food: Let the Gabe be all the sustinence you need
f5c1bef9f635856bec86c53e4246923f590522b5.jpg

The only thing this needs to get my pre-order if a few returns on performance. I heard the game had really weird performances on consoles, my PC is more powerful but you never now.

Well Castlevania LoS and Enslaved both had performance issues on PS3 and/or 360, but run really well on PC, so there's a high chance the game'll perform well.

dangeROSS

This is a weird question but is the .exe for Chivalry called udk.exe? Wanted to make a thread about a Steam possible glitch and need to verify this.

Yea. the new patch they released for Chivalry has messed the game up something fierce for me. It constantly crashes now and takes much longer to start-up. Check out the Steam forums, it seems like all sorts of issues have been caused. I can play a single game, but then things will go crazy and it crashes to desktop with UDK.exe being the culprit. I never had any issues before this new patch they just sent out. And weapon progression is still broken. Even though this patch and the one before were supposed to address the issue.

Finally beat Hexagonest mode in Super Hexagon...

Also has anyone any impressions regarding Demonicon - The Dark Eye? It looks like a mediocre Gothic a-like set in the same universe as the Drakensang games?

I remember playing FEAR 2 on the 360 and thinking it was weird you couldn't walk when you only slightly pressed the stick down, but now that I'm playing the PC version I see that there's not even a walk button in there. Mapping everything to Xpadder went pretty smoothly, you can see it really is just a console port with the controller settings stripped out. Heck, I tied 'A' to Space for jumping, and the game accepts it as it would accept the A-button in the console version.

Hanzou

Yea. the new patch they released for Chivalry has messed the game up something fierce for me. It constantly crashes now and takes much longer to start-up. Check out the Steam forums, it seems like all sorts of issues have been caused. I can play a single game, but then things will go crazy and it crashes to desktop with UDK.exe being the culprit. I never had any issues before this new patch they just sent out. And weapon progression is still broken. Even though this patch and the one before were supposed to address the issue.

Huh strange, thanks for confirming my question though!

MRORANGE

I wished Sega put up the House of Dead III on Steam, there's very little support for light guns on PC and you will mostly end up using a wii controller or PS Move... but still.

MRORANGE

Nearly had a heart attack, I thought my Steam account got hijacked when I realized I was getting cards for System Shock 2, checked profile and saw that there were two cards in my inventory and someone had played 3.6 hours of System Shock.

Then I remembered that I tried to lauch system shock 2 last night and it wasn't showing. opened up Task Manager and:

BiHBj1S.png

Crisis averted.

Still changed password.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Nearly had a heart attack, I thought my Steam account got hijacked when I realized I was getting cards for System Shock 2, checked profile and saw that there were two cards in my inventory and someone had played 3.6 hours of System Shock.

Then I remembered that I tried to lauch system shock 2 last night and it wasn't showing. opened up Task Manager and:

http://i.imgur.com/BiHBj1S.png[IMG]

Crisis averted.

[SPOILER]Still changed password.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

No, that doesn't look paranoid at all.

The_Monk

I hate that I can't get ME3 on Steam. It's delaying my inevitable purchase if the ME bundle on Steam.

You can start by enjoying Mass Effect 1 & 2 now and get something like 50 hours at least. Could be more. I really liked all 3, each one had a good thing, I hope the next Mass Effect can get all the good things from each one and combine to a nice Mass Effect Universe.

Less texture pop-in, better framerate.

Sounds good enough for me, but I still need to clean my Backlog a bit more.

I hate that I can't get ME3 on Steam. It's delaying my inevitable purchase if the ME bundle on Steam.

I just said "fuck it all" and bought it on Origin when it was €10 or something. Already have a free disc-based copy of the first and a free Origin copy of the second, so I figured why the hell not.

I would replay if they'd only get some decent controller support and a sale on the DLC's. I'm keeping my 360 copies close, in the mean time.

If they'd release a Complete Trilogy on Steam (or retail), man, I'd be on that day 1.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Where abouts? There's a couple of common glitches.
There's the Burley Tower glitch were you can't get through the air vent that everyone is getting.

Deadshot (the sniper dude) in the bank. I somehow finished it with out him being knocked out or going over to the hostage and it gave me a checkpoint before I could do anything. I didn't receive any credit for it though and the quest marker is still there.

I just said "fuck it all" and bought it on Origin when it was €10 or something. Already have a free disc-based copy of the first and a free Origin copy of the second, so I figured why the hell not.

I would replay if they'd only get some decent controller support and a sale on the DLC's. I'm keeping my 360 copies close, in the mean time.

If they'd release a Complete Trilogy on Steam (or retail), man, I'd be on that day 1.
There's already a trilogy box for grab, activates on Origin.

Overdoziz

Banned

Shaking my head at any multiplat games that don't have proper 360 controller support on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom