• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

Just finished Darksiders. In my previous post I said it was one of the best games I've played in recent years, unfortunately it all went downhill half-way through the game when you got to the
desert
. The
portal
dungeon was ridiculously long and tedious, doing basically the same thing all the time, especially since the aiming sucks with a controller. The end bosses were a joke, didn't die a single time to them (I forgot to check but I guess I died around 50 times in total on Apocalypse).

Tried to go for 100% and got all artifacts and health shards but when I couldn't find the last two wrath shards and armor part I gave up. Leveling your weapons and gathering money would take a long time as well, and some achievements bugged so I'd have to start a new game. All the upgrading was pretty disappointing anyway, I honestly didn't notice much difference from level 1 and 3. Still a good game, would probably give it 8.5 to 9 out of 10.

Lain

Finally sat and completed Dust: An Elysian Tail and I confirm my initial impressions from months ago when I first started playing it: it's a great game.

The story is simple yet it captivated me and the ending felt just right. The gameplay mechanics were fun and abusable, which is how I like it.

The only negative for me is the main running animation for Dust, which I never liked from the start.
Other than that, a little gem that I'm glad I bought and played.

Anyone knows how to run Ghostbusters PC in windowed mode? Bought it over at Gamestop and activated it on Steam. I looked online for an answer but none work. My laptop is running Win7 64-bit.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Here's a question: Why is Steam so much faster with custom skins than with the default skin? With Air, with Metro, everything loads like ten times faster. It's really noticeable and it baffles me.

Here's a question: Why is Steam so much faster with custom skins than with the default skin? With Air, with Metro, everything loads like ten times faster. It's really noticeable and it baffles me.

Because with the default skin, you spend 20 seconds every time it loads wondering why such a successful company has a client that looks so shit.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Because with the default skin, you spend 20 seconds every time it loads wondering why such a successful company has a client that looks so shit.

I mostly wonder why there's no Half Life 3 but your complain is also valid.

mrgone

Is this a real thing? It might finally get me to install a custom skin :) I don't really mind how the default client looks (I've never experienced the pernicious lust folks around here are afflicted with for the grid view), but it's so painfully slow moving between sections. Anything to speed that up a little would be a goddamned ray of sunshine in my cloudy day. Also, tabs. But I'm not greedy.

I'm so cheap, I loved Saint's Row The Third and really want to play SRIV, but I'm going to wait until It's 75% off.

Dat Guybrush Threepwood rule.

zVDEqoh.jpg

Turfster

With GTA5 and the history of 3, large discounts were never far away. Expect it to be $5 before too much longer.

Not really. THQ was in dire straits and was trying to get every buck they could to pay off debts.
Deep Silver will squeeze you for every buck they can because of greed. (No I still haven't forgiven them for that region locking bullshit that made the game twice as expensive as in the US here =p)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is this a real thing? It might finally get me to install a custom skin :) I don't really mind how the default client looks (I've never experienced the pernicious lust folks around here are afflicted with for the grid view), but it's so painfully slow moving between sections. Anything to speed that up a little would be a goddamned ray of sunshine in my cloudy day. Also, tabs. But I'm not greedy.

Give them a try and see what you think, they're super easy to install and turn off if you don't care for them.

I'm fairly certain it's not my imagination and the custom skins actually transition between sections faster. Actual web page loading is still dependent on how Valve's servers are feeling, obviously.

Mattiator

Finished Arkham origins last night at around 4 in the morning.

I'm a huge fan of the first two and came into this one with low expectations.

I enjoyed a few things, the story was not too shabby and the game play was still intact and great. The boss battles were also pretty fun.

I had a a minor complaint but it didn't really ruin the game for me, I thought the city was somewhat dead and scattered with random enemies without any explanation as to why they were there.

They didn't really do much to change it up but I think if you give Arkham origins a chance you will enjoy it.

zkylon

zkylewd
If I knew SRIV's price would drop like that 2 months after release, I wouldn't have bought it on launch.

yup I'm feeling the same way. I got overhyped the week before launch and the game was a bit of a disappointment compared to how much I loved sr3, so I would've loved to save myself the money

I never learn :p

edit: well as much as it pains me I'm skipping batman even though I just cashed a check, so I'm progressing, somewhat, but it's grueling T_T

DTKT

Can someone give me a summary of what went down in gaming? There was a Call of duty 720p thread and now it's gone?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Can someone explain to me how in the actual fuck I get Thief: Deadly Shadows to run in a bigger resolution in windowed mode?

Alt+Enter gives me the tiniest ass window no matter what.

I also have the Sneaky Upgrade installed.

Vecks

Finally sat and completed Dust: An Elysian Tail and I confirm my initial impressions from months ago when I first started playing it: it's a great game.

The story is simple yet it captivated me and the ending felt just right. The gameplay mechanics were fun and abusable, which is how I like it.

The only negative for me is the main running animation for Dust, which I never liked from the start.
Other than that, a little gem that I'm glad I bought and played.

Yeah, Dust is really a pleasant game to play. The combat works well. The gear upgrades are really noticeable, which scratches my loot itch. And there's a good deal of variation in the environments, enemy types and level design.

Grief.exe

Can someone explain to me how in the actual fuck I get Thief: Deadly Shadows to run in a bigger resolution in windowed mode?

Alt+Enter gives me the tiniest ass window no matter what.

I also have the Sneaky Upgrade installed.

PC Gaming wiki says this in the Sneaky Upgrade section

If you have used T3FovPatch run it again and select 4:3 otherwise Sneaky Upgrade's changes will be incorrect

Tempted to buy Enslaved. GAF consensus? Never heard of it until it popped up on Steam.

Consensus? Impossible!

But basically it is a short but sweet mix of easy platforming and easy button mashing combat with some decent environments, atmosphere and a good ending. It doesn't outstay its welcome and you should enjoy your time with it despite it never reaching any great heights.

It also is notable for the pleasing animation of the female protagonist climbing up on ledges.

Personally I'd wait till it is < $10 given the reports are (sorry if this is out of date) that it is a pretty faithful port of the 360 version (directly ripped assets and so on) and doesn't offer a lot in terms of new bells or whistles.

jediyoshi

Tempted to buy Enslaved. GAF consensus? Never heard of it until it popped up on Steam.

The consensus is that there is no consensus on Ninja Theory games :p Game quality aside, I don't think it's worth rushing into buying something at a $20 full price, especially with Halloween sales coming up.

Hmm, guess I did it the boring way.

Countered a lot and landed a few punches in the first part. When his mask came off, I basically did the same thing again, except for when he did the smoke attack (which triggers a beatdown) or hooked up explosives (where you use your grapple to bring him towards you - I think this only happened twice in the whole fight).

When I play the game again on Hard, I'll try to mix things up.

Ah, it's still not super engaging gameplay wise once you wrap your head around what you should be doing, but it's definitely less frustrating. Especially since the game doesn't really penalize you at that point for spamming attack or dodge. At that point though, those are more inherent qualities of the arkham fighting system when it's all stripped down.

I've only played the 360 version, it's got a great story with some awesome voice over/mocap work by Andy Serkis. The combat is alright with it mainly being a brawler and the platforming is pretty much straight up 2008 Prince of Persia.

It's good and I plan on getting for Steam but not until it's on sale. I would say maybe wait, with it being an older console title I can see it at least going on sale for 33% or maybe 50% during the next big sale.

Thanks. I will hold out for a sale then. I am just too sick to make a decision for myself out of my backlog at the moment!

Time to check out some of the F2P titles to kill the boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom