• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The best part of Typing of the Dead is how severely creepy some of the stuff they make you type is. I have a retail copy, but I'd love to own it on Steam.

Tizoc

You'd think that now that SEGA's into PC gaming in the west, that they'd get around to localizing this
4342727032_4153c655dc.jpg

Dr Dogg

Speaking of rail shooters I remember them be way more playable with a mouse than a lightgun, especial Virtua cop.

The best part of Typing of the Dead is how severely creepy some of the stuff they make you type is. I have a retail copy, but I'd love to own it on Steam.

Or the credits sequence. If you type it all of course.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I'd say no at that price. Amazon often has it for cheaper - they sometimes have *really* cheap 2K games; I think I got Spec Ops from them for $2.50. I also don't think the game is all that great, story included, but I might be in the minority on this one. Then again, I'm not the type who cares about ludonarrative dissonance or anything like that.

Bad Whac-A-Mole gameplay, great story.
I wouldn't buy it.

Do it. One of the best games of the year.

IMO, it's a better game, both story and gameplay-wise than Max Payne 3.

Good game for the story.

Argh, decisions decisions.

I believe that today is the last day to get Dark Souls for 5£ fellow GAFfers:

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Dark-Souls---Prepare-to-Die-Edition-3308-25.html

This is one of the scariest games I played so I hope it will also appear on the Halloween Sale.

i wonder if DS2 will suffer from rampant hacking on PC like 1 did. DS1 is an amazing game, but knowing that so many invaders hack and can even hack your stats to uselessness made me always play it on console despite lower performance. does DS2 save your info server side to prevent that i wonder? i'd rather get it on pc but i don't want to knowing that the cards are stacked against me, so to speak

Dr Dogg

i wonder if DS2 will suffer from rampant hacking on PC like 1 did. DS1 is an amazing game, but knowing that so many invaders hack and can even hack your stats to uselessness made me always play it on console despite lower performance. does DS2 save your info server side to prevent that i wonder? i'd rather get it on pc but i don't want to knowing that the cards are stacked against me, so to speak

I'd love Dark Souls II to be VAC enabled. At least that works.

Typing Of The Dead is a great game, hopefully it will show up on Steam eventually.

Bought Mass Effect Collection for saving, next week is all Deadly Premonition.

Also finally got Condemned: Criminal Origins working (what a chore!) and it seems pretty awesome.

LQX

Spec OPs Yay/nay GAF?

I know it gets a lot of praise around here for the story, but is it really worth picking up?

No. A shameful terrible game whose terribleness the developers have convinced some is the result of it trying to to make bigger statement. The biggest hoodwink this generation.

Knurek

Nay. It's worse than Max Payne 3 in every single department.

Spec Ops has a coherent storyline, cutscenes that don't make you want to vomit, better art direction all around, better VA and way, way better encounter design and gunplay feels perversly fun.

Max Payne 3 is a turd dressed up in fancy clothes. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

derExperte

Sure, what's up?

I guess he wants to tell you that there ain't enough room for two Lovecrafts on this forum. Avatar fight in 3...2...1...

man if only there was a place i could have heard about that

i would have definitely jumped on it

maybe some place where we could have news and announcements related to steam

id read a thread with only that

Yeah, I wish we had something like the legendary Origin thread, only for Steam.

Bucca

PSA: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition is $7.50 on gamestop's website.

Alice: Madness Returns Complete Collection is $7.50 as well on GameStop, requires Origin (though I don't know if this is standard regardless).

Spec Ops seemed like an interesting story, but it was hampered for me by the constant stream of enemies I had to slog through. I finally just gave up.

Martian

So even though I am cutting back on gaming, I decided to purchase Mass Effect 1 and 2.
Gaben sure has a grip on me.

Also, I cant seem to add Splinter Cell: conviction to my wishlist. Whenever I try to, it just says: ''oops, we're sorry''
No explanation or whatever

Nerazar

Spec OPs Yay/nay GAF?

I know it gets a lot of praise around here for the story, but is it really worth picking up?

Yay! I play it with a friend of mine and he's just watching, but we're enjoying it like hell. Finally a Military-TPS with a worthwhile story + lots of minds being blown.

It's pretty standard gameplay-wise, but still enjoyable in that sense. The story or the presentation of the story, the atmosphere and so on... that's the strong point of the game.

Tenrius

I liked Spec Ops well enough. What they did with the story was interesting and I mostly enjoyed the gameplay for some reason. Played on the hardest diffculty, too.

gabbo

Spec OPs Yay/nay GAF?

The gameplay doesn't revolutionize third person shooters, but that's not a problem (people keep buying CoD and Halo, and they don't change shit either). The whole game is more than worth buying.

Bucca

Thinking about picking up Alice: Madness Returns Complete for $7.50, but it's Origin only.

Is there anything truly wrong with Origin, or is it just kind of nitpicky hate with DRM stuff?

Faabulous

I really hope it doesn't start tomorrow. I have no money left, and the month is so closing to ending I can smell my next check. Would be a shame.

gabbo

Thinking about picking up Alice: Madness Returns Complete for $7.50, but it's Origin only.

Is there anything truly wrong with Origin, or is it just kind of nitpicky hate with DRM stuff?

Not really, and if you hate Alice, you can return it within whatever their deadline is.
I mean, it's "not Steam" if that's a thing for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom