• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

LeINYS9.png

capy guys know whats up

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Odd question, but Dark Souls: P2D allows for windowed mode running with Durante's fix right?

Reckoner

oh no. bought Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary on the Tomb Raider getgames.com sale and found out that they can't be activated on Steam

Bucca

why would you window mode dark souls when the only advantage is idling and doing something else, which is a death sentence in dark souls <_<

Multitasking/Streaming is easier when things are windowed considering I only have one screen to work with currently.

I wished Sega put up the House of Dead III on Steam, there's very little support for light guns on PC and you will mostly end up using a wii controller or PS Move... but still.
Forget House of the Dead, they need to put up Typing of the Dead. I wanna replay that now with a mechanical keyboard, killing zombies with tappa tappa tappas is so satisfying. The weird combination of phrases you got were great; "show me your, combo fajitas".

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Forget House of the Dead, they need to put up Typing of the Dead. I wanna replay that now with a mechanical keyboard, killing zombies with tappa tappa tappas is so satisfying. The weird combination of phrases you got were great; "show me your, combo fajitas".

Love that game. I'd buy it again.

From the OP:

Though we've known for a while that the Halloween sale starts tomorrow. Probably.
Maybe I should have read the OP first. Oh well. I have a handful of Steam Games that I'm going to be playing, so I doubt a Steam Sale would really sway me into buying anything.

brb lying though my teeth

Tambini

Shit yeah I'd buy that day one

Bucca

Has anyone bought digitally through GameStop before?

Just finished the checkout process but when I go to look at order history it shows nothing, and my card has been charged $.01 from them.

Does it take time for an email/your order to appear?

When I log in and check my cart it also shows the items still in there as if I hadn't checked out.

MRORANGE

Has anyone bought digitally through GameStop before?

Just finished the checkout process but when I go to look at order history it shows nothing, and my card has been charged $.01 from them.

Does it take time for an email/your order to appear?

When I log in and check my cart it also shows the items still in there as if I hadn't checked out.

You might need to download the client to redeem certain codes.

Bucca

You might need to download the client to redeem certain codes.

I have the client, but like I said I haven't gotten an email or anything and the order doesn't show up in my order history.

Should I just wait a little while?

derExperte

Maybe I should have read the OP first. Oh well. I have a handful of Steam Games that I'm going to be playing, so I doubt a Steam Sale would really sway me into buying anything.

brb lying though my teeth

Ghostbusters was 2,49€ in 2011. And people didn't buy it, me included. Which led to much pain and suffering. Lesson learned: Buy everything if it's cheap.

No, next-gen versions of Last Light weren't confirmed as far as I know. Some interview got taken out of context or something like that.

Spec OPs Yay/nay GAF?

I know it gets a lot of praise around here for the story, but is it really worth picking up?

The plot in Spec Ops is kind of a retelling of Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness. It's also supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek jab at heavily scripted and cinematic covered-centric third person shooter by being exactly that...which is, just, what? Spec Ops does provide a little bit of player agency, there's two or three points where you can make a "choice" but not one that has any serious impact on the overall outcome. The twist at the end of the game is kind of neat, it genuinely does get interesting towards the very end but I dunno if it's worth playing through just for the story.

If you do decide to buy the game (or have already), it's only 5 hours long, so you can get through it in an afternoon.

Card Boy

Banned
Spec OPs Yay/nay GAF?

I know it gets a lot of praise around here for the story, but is it really worth picking up?

Nope, not as good as GAF leads you to believe. I'm not saying its shit or anything but the story or ending isn't amazing as some people make it out to be which apparently is the selling point of an otherwise generic shooter.

Wok

There is something which has been bugging me with the Greasemonkey extension for Firefox for SteamGifts. If you decide to ignore a game, by clicking on "Add to Filter", you might do a mistake and want to revert it. How would you access the list of ignored games in order to edit it?

Spec ops is amazing the same way skyrim is amazing compared to Oblivion. If you have only ever really played modern shooters it is worth a go on easy.

adaen

There is something which has been bugging me with the Greasemonkey extension for Firefox for SteamGifts. If you decide to ignore a game, by clicking on "Add to Filter", you might do a mistake and want to revert it. How would you access the list of ignored games in order to edit it?

There should be a clickable [Giveaway Filter Settings] tab below the featured giveaway. Alternatively deleting browser cookies should clear the whole list.

I'd rather games critique games by striving for something new, instead of lampooning their own gameplay with the writing. After I finished BioShock I about had my fill of that excuse.

Saints Row's approach is a lot more enjoyable. It gleefully recognizes everything about its type of game. Your protagonost knows how crazy and nonsensical it all is, and loves it. Even when its kind of repellent that he/she loves it. Maybe its dumber, but I sure as hell enjoyed it more than BioShock telling me I'm a zombie that does what it says when it gives me literally no other option.

I dunno, Bioshock did provide a bit of player agency in shaping the outcome of the game with how you treated the Little Sisters. Granted the only thing that changed if you saved or harvested them was the end cinematic but that's more of an impact than you can have in Spec Ops, or Bioshock Infinite for that matter.

Mugatu

Spec Ops seemed like an interesting story, but it was hampered for me by the constant stream of enemies I had to slog through. I finally just gave up.

I loved it but there were parts that were annoying. Some of the encounters sucked but I found most of the combat to be fairly fun/satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom