• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

I downloaded War Thunder after seeing this gif:

ibkYvaVqZg3mqB.gif

It's so awesome.

Welp that's it, downloading.

def sim

Yeah, War Thunder is a lot of fun. Try to play with a group of friends using voice chat; dog fights are so much more rewarding that way.

Exuro

i always find that concurrent users number of steam baffling - so many users but so few users actually playing games.
How do you figure? Most people have steam on when they're at their computer. Community Activity shows 1.25 million in game vs 5.94 million logged into steam. I'd say that's a pretty decent ratio of people actually playing games on their pc compared to just browsing the internet, doing homework, netflix, ect.

i can't decide if solstice arena is an interesting distillation of the moba genre or just godawful. While being able to change skill mechanics as you progress through levels is interesting on paper, it really adds a sense of unbalance. but I guess thats the incentive since you can level through $$

Hey guys, I'm super new to steam so bear with me.

Anyway, I've got two coupons that'll expire by November 16th --- 33% off for Foul Play and 25% off for Volgarr the Viking. Problem is, I don't really want either game, so I figured I'd offer them up here? In exchange for something I guess, since they're apparently tradable, implying that I have to take something for it. Not sure if I have to be friends with you to do that either.

I've also got a key for Mark of the Ninja if anyone wants it/wants to trade something for it, if that's possible.

Join the club! Only four or so months Steam 'service' for me so far :). The boys and girls in here are usually a very friendly, welcoming, helpful and generous bunch so I hope you'll stick around. If for no other reason than I like your username and avatar combo :).

Have you played MOTN? I played it only recently and fell in love with it. If you haven't then I certainly commend it to you!

http://i.minus.com/ibkYvaVqZg3mqB.gif[IMG]

It's so awesome.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote="Clawww, post: 87721852"]that's like, the population of the earth, rite?[/QUOTE]

You elicited a chuckle in real life out of me with that post :). Thanks!

I'd be curious to hear more about War Thunder if anyone has sunk some time into it (or any other of the recent f2p games; is Elsword anything like SSB, is Ragnarok Online not lame)

I'd be curious to hear more about War Thunder if anyone has sunk some time into it (or any other of the recent f2p games; is Elsword anything like SSB, is Ragnarok Online not lame)

Maneil99 has been playing it consistently lately if seeing his screengrabs in my friend activity list is anything to go by. You could do worse than ask him.

Clawww

"Run on startup" is enabled by default for Steam, right? That's gotta be why.

I just have steam running all the time, I feel like that's the norm for desktop users, and I also leave it on a lot on my laptop. It's pretty non-intrusive and unless you're struggling for performance you can just leave it running with no drag.

Nabs

Just sold my first card..10 cents baby.

I assume cards are only for collecting. Is there any real reason to keep them.

If you craft badges you gain xp and levels... and you get coupons. The coupons I've gotten lately have been pretty good.

Grief.exe

Sorry if this has been discussed before but is Batman really glitchy?

Angry Joe posted a rant this morning about it being so bad on PC that he's had to delay his review.

Here in case anyone cares:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSeARjpIj5o

In the back of my mind I always wonder that the majority of these problems are caused by poor computer maintenance.
At a certain point in the video he admits that he had not even updated his graphics drivers until later on.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I already have Spec Ops from PS+, but haven't played it yet.
I'm thinking about buying it in Steam anyway...
halp

I'm surprised. Buenos Aires and Uruguay are like, super ultra similar. Not even in just the idea, but the format/execution.
You just earned 3.5 million new enemies, hope you are happy with that.

The_Monk

If you craft badges you gain xp and levels... and you get coupons. The coupons I've gotten lately have been pretty good.

Soon

OKRy9sZ.png

I'm waiting on a neat Humble Bundle to solve that.

I also have a couple of Badges completed but I'm holding off on them because I really don't want just another coupon if craft them now.

The_Monk

I can't wait for Steam to release weekend Bonus XP events.

Gotta get those prestige medals badges.

I never got a prestige medal but I'll be happy for just one Halloween badge!

I played a bit more of Batman AA and I really believe it's a great fit for the Halloween theme. It's not really about horror elements since there are not much of that in this game to be honest (Scarecrow is creppy!) but everything else is present: the heavy rain is fantastic, the characters, the darkness, the soundtrack, Joker and even the regular enemies make a great atmosphere for this Holiday.

Halloween is not heavy celebrated in here but in the last two years I got some kids asking trick or treat in my house and I gladly gave some sweets and candy bars. I'm counting on you all to keep this spirit alive GAF!

The_Monk

Eldritch and soon Deadly Premonition are my Halloween games this year. I was planning on getting replays of Lone Survivor and Amnesia in, but I'll be going to a funeral on Halloween, sadly.

It will be one of the stranger Halloweens I've had.

Sorry to hear that fellow GAFfer, hope you are alright. If you need anything or simply to talk you know what to do.

Hope you can also find a little of free time for some gaming since it can help as a little distraction and relaxation.

ibkYvaVqZg3mqB.gif

It's so awesome.

I'm going to be the jerk that says WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON IN THIS PIC. There's no way a Zero could slice off the wing of a Catalina with its own wing, let alone remain completely intact.

That said I would also like to see some GAF reviews, looks pretty damned sweet.

frogg609

Eldritch and soon Deadly Premonition are my Halloween games this year. I was planning on getting replays of Lone Survivor and Amnesia in, but I'll be going to a funeral on Halloween, sadly.

It will be one of the stranger Halloweens I've had.

Really sorry about that. My father's funeral had been on Halloween as well. Makes that day even more unreal than having it on a random day.

maty

Thought I would share this here, I finished Escape Goat - All Intensive Purposes. That was fun and stressful at the same time. It took me 25 hours (even if the screen says 12h) and 2500 deaths

This stuff should give you a badge on it's own, or an achievement, aren't those to show what you've done. But the developer decided against it.

This is the last level which reminded me of the underwater level in the ninja turtles nes game, my childhood nighmares come back to haunt me.

Starting point:

About to do the last drop:

The funny thing (not so for me) is I died after taking this last screenshot, so I had to do it all over again.

Finally I can move on and never do this shit again, lol

Dec

In the back of my mind I always wonder that the majority of these problems are caused by poor computer maintenance.
At a certain point in the video he admits that he had not even updated his graphics drivers until later on.

This one seems to be that. At least the problems launching it, it looks like a pretty buggy game though so I wouldn't be that quick to blame the user. Every one assumes user error, which is kind of annoying when it isn't.

I remember Mass Effect 3 offering only FXAA and forced AA not working for me despite working for seemingly every one else. Took like 2-3 days of ensuring people I was using RadeonPro correctly before someone that wasn't any of those people came in and mentioned that the engine ME3 is on just doesn't like 16:10 aspect ratios. I had to edit a registry file to add a new resolution one pixel smaller than my actual resolution on the x axis. This way the resolution the game was running at wasn't 16:10 and MSAA worked.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bought a few games on sale ($12.49), spent 4 hours playing Path of Exile ($0.00).

I need help

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Bought a few games on sale ($12.49), spent 4 hours playing Path of Exile ($0.00).

I need help

That's allright. I have a HUGE Steam backlog, and here I sit playing Minecraft. I've played literally hundreds of hours of Minecraft, and I have several Steam games that I've never even booted up yet.

And here I am, exploring on the back of some wild horse...

Dr Dogg

I need help

Sounds like perfectly sane rational behavior to me Shackles.

Edit: Just think of it this way. When the login server is down or there's a big queue for PoE then you got some games to kill the time until normal service is resumed.

maty

You did well. That is no easy thing to accomplish.

Thanks.
Haha, not easy at all. Glad I finished, I made too much progress to quit. There was a time when I was frustrated in the last level since I couldn't progress beyond the first sections, so I left it for a while and when I got back I did it.

Also that last double jump and then drop were probably scarier than a horror game, I would've kicked myself if I died a 2nd time there

EDIT: This is a cool video of the the last 9 rooms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB-Vz6nH10o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom