• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDHarbs

Replayed 400 Days, picked up the last of my achievements, and crafted my badge. Ready for season 2!

Deleting Season 1 local content won't delete my save will it?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Accidentally peeked at a gift and it's a steam gift card.
All according to plan.

Girlfriend left an Amazon receipt laying out and I saw "WD Blue 1 TB" before I closed my eyes and flipped it over. I hate having the surprise ruined, but I loooove more storage.

Sega doesn't care. Still surprised Read Dead Redemption hasn't been ported. Same with Dragon's Dogma.

Read Dead Redemption sounds like a Typing of the dead DLC.

I don't care about Dragon's Dogma, but RDR would be amazing on PC.

Convince me why I need to buy the Might and magic pack on gog, shouldn't be too difficult.

Jawmuncher

Wish they sold Steam cards in my part of the world. Much easier to tell friends what to buy me physically.

I thought they were just about worldwide by now. Valve needs to get on that.

_____________________________________________________________________-

The Highlight of the Amazon Sale is this

Fast and Furious Showdown 9.99

No way is that Licensed activision game going to get any cheaper.

Colin.

Not long after finishing Finding Teddy. It was a nice, light hearted point and click game. I quite liked the little musical sections to solve something, not something I've came across much. And some nice 2D pixels on show. Unless the puzzles really stump you, it will be a short play through (less than two hours for me) Probably worth getting on sale, or in another bundle.

DasFool

Playing through Strike Suit Zero and something about the game feels a little off. Not sure if it's the controls or what, but I've tried to remap them several times and can't shake the feeling that I'm playing the game wrong. Also, the enemy placement and mission variety has been somewhat repetitive, even only 3 missions into it. I'm liking it, but it's not approaching the level of enjoyment that I found in Rebel Strike and Rogue Leader on the Gabecube and I don't think any space shooter ever will.

Caerith

For those playing along at home and following on from the Tiny Thief discussion, Violett just launched on ios for $4.50.

Especially with controller support now becoming more of a "thing" (not so much in this case) I think it is an interesting dynamic pricing wise.
Wishlist -> Remove

Deleting Season 1 local content won't delete my save will it?
No. I deleted local content before 400 Days was announced, re-installed to play the DLC and still had my save. Whether it carries over to Season 2, of course, is another question.

Also:

Why is that in spoiler tags?

oipic

Girlfriend left an Amazon receipt laying out and I saw "WD Blue 1 TB" before I closed my eyes and flipped it over. I hate having the surprise ruined, but I loooove more storage.

She's a keeper, you've done very nicely, JB - my better half (bless her) wouldn't know where to begin with buying me anything vaguely 'technical', and she's completely oblivious to my (or, 'our') dire need for more storage. :/

Edit: orange-tinged avatars for everyone, I say

JDHarbs

No. I deleted local content before 400 Days was announced, re-installed to play the DLC and still had my save. Whether it carries over to Season 2, of course, is another question.

Also:

Why is that in spoiler tags?
I accidentally pressed it and am too lazy to fix it.

Onionkid

Neo Khidr is not easy holy shit.

Dang, no joke. Just started fighting him, and the spikes on the ground make dodging a lot of the bullets pretty difficult. I fought and beat Neo Herodotus (Astrodotus), who was considerably easier.

EDIT: Wait...you can dash over the spikes in the center of the floor (guess technically ceiling)?! Oh jeez that makes it much easier.

Tellaerin

I thought they were just about worldwide by now. Valve needs to get on that.

_____________________________________________________________________-

The Highlight of the Amazon Sale is this

Fast and Furious Showdown 9.99

No way is that Licensed activision game going to get any cheaper.

I beg to differ, sir.

According to that list, Toilet Tycoon will be on sale for $1.99.

I didn't even know Toilet Tycoon was a thing. Now that I'm aware of its existence, I must have it, even though it's probably nowhere near as unintentionally funny/terribad as I'm imagining.

Jawmuncher

I beg to differ, sir.

According to that list, Toilet Tycoon will be on sale for $1.99.

I didn't even know Toilet Tycoon was a thing. Now that I'm aware of its existence, I must have it, even though it's probably nowhere near as unintentionally funny/terribad as I'm imagining.

Yeah there were a few weird games on there.
Like My first boyfriend and some other crazy shit as well.
All for cheap. Almost makes me want to leave Steam....almost.

Nabs

$3.75 is a great price for CoI. It's well made, but can be beaten in a sitting.

Now get Ducktales to drop that far and I'll be happy.

Caerith

You have to wonder if the developers of these games are thinking to themselves, "Every moment I live, is agony."

These are just so bad lol
Nah, it's like when an author writes a movie tie-in novel or something-- an easy paycheck, nothing they lose sleep over. I mean, it's not like people write Star Wars novels for the art.

Forkball

Year is nearly over and no Dragon's Dogma, Bayonetta and Read Dead Redemption.

I think Bayonetta was a far cry from ever coming to PC. I'm quite surprised at no Dragon's Dogma or RDR. Rockstar gave us LA Noire but not RDR? And Capcom's PC support has been pretty solid this gen minus the whole GFWL thing but they completely ignored the PC for Dragon's Dogma which would have been a hit I presume.

Eternia

So I actually started to play a bunch of games over the past week (or two) after a slight video card upgrade to a Radeon 7790 from a 4850, a few quick thoughts on some games.

Droid Assault (completed) - The most recent Puppygames...game (by their Steam release date) did not grab me like Titan Attacks or Ultratron did. All upgrades are obtained on the field rather than bought. The robot capturing mechanic to build your team feels clunky and the AI aren't particularly smart. The worst of all, there's friendly fire so they'll get in your way either by blasting each other's faces. I ended up soloing for the most part or just using them as fodder. On the leaderboards side, there were less than 100 people on it and by the time I died, I was in the top 5 (similar to Ultratron).

Batman: Arkham Asylum (<5 hours) - Not too far in it but it's pretty good from what I played. Snappy combat system and I like the Batman universe.

Ittle Dew (completed) - I enjoyed the little parodies and ribbings they gave to Zelda and the art style was nice to look at. Pretty straight forward puzzles although I'm too dumb to beat it with less than 3 items. It was an alright overall experience for the small game it was.

Fairy Bloom Fressia (completed) - A combo-centric arena brawler. You're just thrown into a room and kill hoards of blobs while chaining combos to gain more exp. The combo system was fun to explore although you only get to equip two perks which felt really restrictive to the number they provide. Really short, lacking enemy variety (visually and mechanically), and mission structure was pretty basic (kill all enemies, defend this object).

Saints Row the Third (completed) - One crazy game. From the wacky story to the gear, vehicles...the way it wasn't afraid to be completely silly and outlandish seemed really refreshing. I haven't played an open-world game in a while so I probably took more time just screwing around in the city than I normally would. The side missions were mostly a drag though so I ended up ignoring most of those. Aside from that, it was great achievement from the once very renowned GTA-clone series to carve out its own identity.

Relax.MX

I need help for Dark Souls,
I was with the first boss on the bridge, the problem is that I fell, but he also fell. When I returned to the bridge after I returned to the checkpoint and there was nothing there, the boss was dead but there was nothing. He supposed to drop something?

Jawmuncher

I need help for Dark Souls,
I was with the first boss on the bridge, the problem is that I fell, but he also fell. When I returned to the bridge after I returned to the checkpoint and there was nothing there, the boss was dead but there was nothing. He supposed to drop something?

that's one of the ways to get rid of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom