• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Updated Rogue Legacy and did a full run-through, New Game +5, and didn't get any of the new achievements. Some of the levels looked a little different, I think, and I think I ran into some new enemies, but no new achievements.

Edit: No, no new enemies.
I loaded up my NG+2 save and ran around with a spelunker until I found a Khidr Obol. Died, gave it to Charon, got a new boss door behind Khidr's door (all bosses were already dead).

DFF937EDA449D3F6CA58233CABB79393FAAE6887
New door.
New boss.

Neo Khidr forces you to fight with a pre-fabbed Spellthief-- you can take maybe 4 hits before you die, and, well, you're level 0 so basically good luck surviving long enough to kill it.

From what I understand, you find a new obol for each boss remix, then beat the remix boss and then it unlocks the new class when you've beaten all of them.

It's really hard, and no amount of grinding carries over to this fight.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey, that's 9 results. All I was saying that it had apparently been named, but I hadn't found anything worthwhile about it. Hence the "(is?)" ;)

I realise that. I was just making the point that Replay hasn't announced a second episode and those couple of adventure game sites have simply pulled the name out of thin air. ;)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Pretty sure only episode 1 of that game is actually out (Curse of the Gold).
Episode 2 will be (is?) Injun Trouble. Also with the whole Replay shitstorm, I dunno if the guy making it is even still with them.

Replay hasn't said a word about a second episode in yonks. I wouldn't be surprised if the game's been quietly shelved.

I see. More to the point, the key activates the same subscription, so I can safely give it away and not lose any content.

kurahador

Roche side has alot of Game Of Thrones shit happens, so it's superior.

Is the ending differs alot between the large choices that happens after Roche/Iorveth?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You wouldn't have caught a glimpse of Remember me by accident, would you?

If nobody archived it, it's somewhere in the summer sale threads.
Take a kitten, it's dangerous to go in there alone.

Amazon doesn't sell Remember Me.

Aliens Colonial Marines will be $1.99. It'll be cheaper than Bad Rats during the sale!

JaseC

I wish it were possible to activate keys as gifts since I'd love to pick up a few spares of Colonial Marines for $2 a piece.

Turfster

Says $4.99 here for Amazon

Oh, right, on Amazon itself. Sorry.

I wish it were possible to activate keys as gifts since I'd love to pick up a few spares of Colonial Marines for $2 a piece.

Yes, it wouldn't be that hard for Valve to add a "add a game to my inventory" option. Of course, people would only abuse it (adding gifts gained with fraudulent money and selling those, resulting in people's games maybe getting revoked), which is probably why we don't have it yet.

I remember the drama but never the names. And you're right to take a kitten, because it all started with bad rats.

52.48% sure it was BHK3, who posted about it higher up.

zkylon

zkylewd
beaten hate plus

I think I liked analogue better, maybe because too much hyun-ae and not enough mute can get tiresome but there's a fix for that so off to start it over >:D

good shit tho, good shit

I glanced at the Amazon spreadsheet. Christmas Eve, Lego Marvel will be $12. Injustice $20

Shame my friend's review of the game says the netcode is trash and it's not worth more than $7.50.

Personally, I don't like the game to begin with and other than possibly wanting a way to beat the hell out of Superman whenever I please, I don't really have a need for the game myself until it hits below said $7.50. :)

LEGO Marvel is cheap enough that I'd buy it though.

I think Derrick gets a bad wrap more than he should. I haven't posted on this forum for that long but I know he likes: last of us, gta5, ETS2, Arkham City, old stealth games and so on....

He also makes it very clear what he doesn't like which can be abrasive but at least it's being real.

You'll learn, young one. You'll learn.

feel

There goes my last hope for a christmas miracle.

Isn't Bad Rats only 50 cents during sales?
I hope someone starts selling $0.50 Bad Rats keys during sales so we can play some mean 50/50 with it using modbot. "Dark Souls or Bad Rats -- MB-B583HD83HD93ND"

JaseC

Decent bundle, I guess. Only thing I want is Dungeon of Elements but I'm not paying $6 for it.

If greenlit it'll be $20, FWIW.

Edit: Spares:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fester Mudd Episode 1 -- MB-F531745A5BF88638 - Taken by Dimitri2401
Legend of Fae -- MB-2D3E71FA7DC9D677 - Taken by Milamber
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-668DF1AA79100055 - Taken by mannerbot

For those playing along at home and following on from the Tiny Thief discussion, Violett just launched on ios for $4.50.

Especially with controller support now becoming more of a "thing" (not so much in this case) I think it is an interesting dynamic pricing wise.

JaseC

Well, this is odd. The key for Prime World: Defenders activates the Early Access sub, which despite only containing the same app as the store sub will redeem even if you bought the latter:

My account history said:
Prime World: Defenders Early Access Comp Retail
Prime World: Defenders Steam Store
pwdi4d8n.jpg

(Note the "last played" time stamp.)

I didn't think to check my game/DLC count prior to inputting the key so I'm not sure if either went up.

Thanks a lot for Fester Mudd JaseC :)
Yay, thanks.

No worries. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom