• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah I wanted to post about my first experiences with DOTA2 last night. I couldn't connect to a game so I sat and watched SteveWinwood play one. I like that you can spectate on games in play. Hopefully I will be able to get in a game next time I log in.

Oh yeah I wanted to post about my first experiences with DOTA2 last night. I couldn't connect to a game so I sat and watched SteveWinwood play one. I like that you can spectate on games in play. Hopefully I will be able to get in a game next time I log in.

Last night was horrible. Every match I tried to play, there would be at least one person that failed to load. Didn't get a single game in last night..

1-D_FTW

You can spectate friends? I didn't know that.

I recently traded CS:GO for a beta invite, but after I loaded it up and saw it didn't have a tutorial or anything, just gave up. Hmm. Time to re-install.

I got a free impulse code for Shogun 2... I don't even feel like registering there to claim it... I will get a cd key I'm assuming once I do that I can then promptly put on Steam right?

Oreoleo

I recently traded CS:GO for a beta invite, but after I loaded it up and saw it didn't have a tutorial or anything, just gave up. Hmm. Time to re-install.

It's a great way to learn the game. I've probably spectated more than I've actually played. And you can chat with other spectators about what the players are doing and pick up good strategies and whatnot. Awesome feature!

Is there no way to simply view my Impulse account online (and Shogun 2 cd key) without downloading their program? Fuck them if so they can keep Shogun 2.

Yeah you will see what friends are currently playing and you can click on them and have the option to spectate.

Ledsen

Is Rainslicked Precipice for everyone? Or mainly of interested to PA fans? The screenshots vaguely remind me of Costume Quest.

I love costume quest and p-a comics, but couldn't play more than 2 hours of the p-a rpg. The mechanics are simply horribly boring, and the humor doesn't work in long format. Basically, it's a crappy game not worth anyone's time.

Trine 1 doesn't have online co-op, but yes it's pretty damn good. It has local co-op, but it's also completely playable single player.
Thanks for the clarification Helmholtz, maybe i'll take a shot at Trine 1 and wait for Trine 2 to hit the 5 dollar mark, if it reaches it at some point.
Is Rainslicked Precipice for everyone? Or mainly of interested to PA fans? The screenshots vaguely remind me of Costume Quest.
Don't invest the money on it. If you are interested in the PA game wait for it to be included in one of those indie bundles. Either way you are not missing much.

Beware of asking such questions, for wiser men than you have gone mad pondering those very things.

It's one of those old games that, if announced for release tomorrow, I would buy in a heartbeat, even if they charge a bit too much for it. It's one of those games I've always wanted to play, but didn't get round to doing so the first time.

Just e-bay'd it, and someone is selling 10 copies of it brand new for £12, still in the shrinkwrap, apparently. Sounds kinda fishy, to be honest.

Joe Molotov

I never thought I'd say this, BUT OMG FUCKING DUNGEON DEFENDER DEVS QUIT UPDATING YOUR GAME!! I'm tired of downloading a 600 meg update every 2-3 days, I'm about to uninstall.

Blizzard

Banned
It's one of those old games that, if announced for release tomorrow, I would buy in a heartbeat, even if they charge a bit too much for it. It's one of those games I've always wanted to play, but didn't get round to doing so the first time.

Just e-bay'd it, and someone is selling 10 copies of it brand new for £12, still in the shrinkwrap, apparently. Sounds kinda fishy, to be honest.
Right, and Neverhood, and Grim Fandango, and probably a few other old games that never showed up anywhere except eBay. =(

I never thought I'd say this, BUT OMG FUCKING DUNGEON DEFENDER DEVS QUIT UPDATING YOUR GAME!! I'm tired of downloading a 600 meg update every 2-3 days, I'm about to uninstall.
Javaman kept trying to sucker me into getting that game, but I stayed strong! Who's laughing now! Ha! Ha!

Eusis

So we don't know? :(

I heard Lucas Arts didn't like the game and called it "non canon" or some bullshit.
Probably would be shit like that. In hindsight they think it's something that shouldn't exist in canon, or they feel it's unpopular and rather than give us the option to decide for ourselves (like Deus Ex 2) they just straight up don't offer it. It's frustrating, I'd REALLY like to play through it someday, especially better looking/running on PC, but refusing to put it up blocks that.
Finally gave in myself. Barely played it, and it's getting ridiculous.

inky

I uninstalled it a while back due to this, I think they even pushed 2 such updates during the same day. At least TF2 keeps it 30mb-130mb tops.

Eusis

I uninstalled it a while back due to this, I think they even pushed 2 such updates during the same day. At least TF2 keeps it 30mb-130mb tops.
TF2's also practically THE Steam game to always have installed, just in case the fancy strikes and/or friends want to play. This, I think I'll stick with Orcs Must Die.

Linkup

Brought Dungeon Siege 3 when it was on sale. Easily some of the best gaming I've done this year. I'm not usually the type to pull off amazing combos and surprise surprise here I am just amazed that I took down that boss or that gang of grunts so easily. I'm usually the guy that can't quite get a grasp of the combat in something like DMC but here I'm switching between swords and dodging like a pro, feels great. I even changed all my equipment to focus solely on attack points. Great action RPG with admittedly a view that takes a bit of time to get used to.

One complaint I have is there isn't some kind of speed dash that you can do when not in a combat zone. Never played any of the other DS3 games so maybe that's why I'm enjoying this so much. Runs butter smooth with 2xAA on my old computer. I should also mention I'm playing it with a 360 controller. Great game folks.

jediyoshi

Ridge Racer Unbounded added and out $49.99. Steam achivements
http://store.steampowered.com/app/202310/

New preorder bonus for Shoot Many Robots?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/96400/

31AHO.jpg

jediyoshi

How big is Ridge Racer?

Seems to be around 3GB. Not bad. I could play it tonight as soon as Trine 2 finishes downloading.

Don't have it myself, but min system requirements

OS:Windows XP, Vista SP2 32-bit, 7. [Windows up to date and latest service pack installed]
Processor:Dual Core Athlon x2 2.6 GHz or Intel Equivalent
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850 or higher, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher
DirectX®:90c
Hard Drive:3 GB HD space
Sound:DirectX Compatible
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Mrbob

Trine 2 is amazing. Bought it at launch and easily got my 15 dollars out of it. A steal at 7.50!

Gotham City Imposters is tempting, but I have little to interest in GFWL games. Painful enough AoE Online uses it, but GPG stripped most of the functionality away for the Steam version.

Things that are a bad idea: Spending $50 on Ridge Racer Unboundeded.

it was weird seeing Edge give a 9 to that game, to be honest. Until I read it, I had no idea the game even existed. Other publications are far less enthusiastic though, leading to some suspicions on that Edge review.

8 from Eurogamer though, so that's the same as all Uncharted games, right? right right right?
obvious troll

the Vita version is at 43 at metacritic though, so that version is indeed likely to be atrocious.

Trine 2 is amazing. Bought it at launch and easily got my 15 dollars out of it. A steal at 7.50!

Gotham City Imposters is tempting, but I have little to interest in GFWL games. Painful enough AoE Online uses it, but GPG stripped most of the functionality away for the Steam version.

I know you are supposed to not like GFWL but what exactly is wrong with it now?

Rhetorical, nothing is wrong with it now. It's just there.

Blizzard

Banned
I know you are supposed to not like GFWL but what exactly is wrong with it now?

Rhetorical, nothing is wrong with it now. It's just there.
Annoying to create another account for, painful to get running with some games, doesn't work as well as Steamworks (crappy voice chat and painful attempted matchmaking in FUEL for instance), might not install properly, might lead to corrupted save files (I think this happened with Arkham City).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom