• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The alien section is fun but definitely not on the same level of the levels before it.

I found it differed depending on the environment. Having to juggle half a dozen of the bastards in the middle of a frozen lake wasn't fun. Being able to move briskly between cover and restock, however, was. Level design in general just seemed to fall to the wayside in the latter sections of the game, I think.

I found it differed depending on the environment. Having to juggle half a dozen of the bastards in the middle of a frozen lake wasn't fun. Being able to move briskly between cover and restock, however, was. Level design in general just seemed to fall to the wayside in the latter sections of the game, I think.

I agree. I also don't think aliens are fun to fight as Koreans.

I recently started my first playthrough of Crysis on Delta:
Level 1 and 2
Level 3

The CS:GO beta put a stop to it, but I'm going to go back and continue. It's insane how many "HOLY SHIT" moments you can have in the early levels, approaching each situation a dozen different ways. I had some fucking incredible moments there. You just DON'T get that kind of action/stealth with the aliens.

As much as Ep 2 is my favourite FPS, from a pure gameplay perspective, no FPS can top Crysis. The first half is just ridiculous.

Xanathus

Warning for people thinking of getting Crysis 2 for multiplayer: There's effectively zero anti-cheat protection so multiplayer is filled with cheaters using aimbots and wallhacks.

Blizzard

Banned
Warning for people thinking of getting Crysis 2 for multiplayer: There's effectively zero anti-cheat protection so multiplayer is filled with cheaters using aimbots and wallhacks.
Are there dedicated servers so that server mods can kick people?

(Is it funny that I'm even asking this question?)

Zimbardo

yeah there's dedicated servers.

i guess i must have gotten lucky, because i put around 40 hours into Crysis 2 multiplayer and i can't remember seeing anyone who was obviously cheating.

i do remember some people complaining about the anti cheat system at times tho ...so there must have been some issues.

dc89

Still unable to play The Binding of Isaac. Tried literally everything possible and contacted Steam Support but it takes them days to answer. :/

Xanathus

Last I checked they added in a console command in order to votekick players. You have to bring down the console and type in something like "kick xxxNaruto444<3Sephiroth" and then more than 50% of the players in the game must type "kick 1" to vote yes.

Which basically means cheaters don't get kicked ever.

vazel

Banned

No anti-cheat isn't the only major issue. The mp has atrocious netcode. The game feels laggy and what you see in the killcam is often different than how you saw it happen.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, I was all ready to preorder Binary Domain today but I'm gonna hold off until they state a release date again. I'm not trusting Sega after the way they handled the Renegade Ops delays.

So Droplitz is pretty good, then? I love block puzzle games like Bejeweled and Lumines so it might be up my alley.

Since we're talking about Crysis 2, I have a problem with mouse lag. Nearly any sort of movement has a weird skip/teleport feeling. It's actually playable but I hate it. How do I fix it?

Man, I was all ready to preorder Binary Domain today but I'm gonna hold off until they state a release date again. I'm not trusting Sega after the way they handled the Renegade Ops delays.

So Droplitz is pretty good, then? I love block puzzle games like Bejeweled and Lumines so it might be up my alley.

If it happens to get delayed maybe they'll put Gordon in it as a playable character.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Good thing EA/Crytek ran all their own infrastructure so they could deliver maximum value to gamers.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I played Clash of Heroes... for 8 hours straight.

Dear Capy, you are awesome. Please bring Critter Crunch to PC.

&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;,
Dice

I have a quick question, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask. Steam always prevents my PC from going to sleep. It seems to have something to do with how it interacts with a sound driver. I haven't been able to find a solution. Anyone else run into this issue?

inky

I have a quick question, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask. Steam always prevents my PC from going to sleep. It seems to have something to do with how it interacts with a sound driver. I haven't been able to find a solution. Anyone else run into this issue?

I have the same issue as well. Sometimes after a while the PC will go to sleep, but when I turn it on again I have to re-launch Stem. Haven't really searched hard for a solution, but for now I just close Steam before hitting the sleep button.

1-D_FTW

I have the same issue as well. Sometimes after a while the PC will go to sleep, but when I turn it on again I have to re-launch Stem. Haven't really searched hard for a solution, but for now I just close Steam before hitting the sleep button.

I don't have it often, but it was happening on a frequent enough basis that I reverted to closing Steam when not in use too.

EDIT: Actually, I was having more Felix LIgher's issue where it just wasn't playing nice with sleep. I've gotten a new system, so I suppose I could start trying to keep it open again, but I've just gotten into the habit of closing it down.

Random question: have any of the sales-age oriented folks been keeping archived copies of the Steam hardware and software survey? Unity keeps all their historical data up online for Steam only displays history for a subset of the data in question.

Will check for replies here and/or please PM. Thanks!

I played Clash of Heroes... for 8 hours straight.

Dear Capy, you are awesome. Please bring Critter Crunch to PC.

&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;,
Dice

Great game, I'm a little disappointed that I played this on PSN and not Steam, think I put in 30+ hours in the game. Wish there was a new expansion or sequel that give me a valid reason to play it on the PC.

Superbrothers been confirmed? Happy days!
Yeah STF will eventually come over, but would have liked a smaller gap between XBLA/ PSN to Steam.

Heart Capy!

Well, it's not officially confirmed by Capybara yet. But both Critter Crunch and Superbrothers were added to the Steam registry. I think Superbrothers is relatively close to release, since they also added an entry for the soundtrack.

MRORANGE

THE COLOURS!

Rayman Origins has been awesome so far, it's like taking an acid trip without the side effects.

sE2mp.jpg

Twinduct

THE COLOURS!

Rayman Origins has been awesome so far, it's like taking an acid trip without the side effects.

http://i.imgur.com/sE2mp.jpg?2?5716[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought it on Vita, if nothing else, the game's art is breathtaking at times

[quote="crimsonheadGCN, post: 36506435"]Well, it's not officially confirmed by Capybara yet. But both Critter Crunch and Superbrothers were added to the Steam registry. I think Superbrothers is relatively close to release, since they also added an entry for the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Heh, oh well that's basically all the confirmation needed! Pretty happy about this tbh, Superbrothers never came to android, so couldn't get it.

Thanks for the heads-up btw =)

Tess3ract

Banned
I don't even notice that shit downloading in the background because 200mb is done in like 2 minutes lol

Also I don't have a cap, and live in 'MURIKKA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom