• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zia

It aged horribly though.

Yeah... I expended way too much effort trying to get a 360 controller to work with the game, then when I was finally up and running I had a lot of trouble getting into it. It's such a kitschy world with a lot of really great music; it'd be nice if they could get someone like BluePoint to remaster it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah... I expended way too much effort trying to get a 360 controller to work with the game, then when I was finally up and running I had a lot of trouble getting into it. It's such a kitschy world with a lot of really great music; it'd be nice if they could get someone like BluePoint to remaster it.

It needs more than a remaster. It needs a remake. The mission design is atrocious nowadays.

KingKong

finished Max Payne 2, that game is not nearly as good as I remembered :(

It's very short and has some really really crappy levels like Mona sniping, Mona platforming, protecting the guy in the costume

Garou

You know, some kind of death note style multiplayer game could be pretty awesome. Something sort of like spyparty maybe.

There already is (although not on Steam)

Death_Note_Kira_Game.jpg

Danj

If it's anything like PN1, it's half luck hoping that the characters decide to bet their unique items as collateral and you win the hand.

No, this time there are specific Bounty Challenges you have to complete before someone will put up their item. And once you complete them, an item will get put up in each subsequent tournament until you win (different item each time).

Pandemic

Ended up purchasing a hard drive. So do I transfer my whole ''steamapps'' folder from my old PC, to my new one, then I'm set? Or do I need to reinstall steam?

Thanks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ended up purchasing a hard drive. So do I transfer my whole ''steamapps'' folder from my old PC, to my new one, then I'm set? Or do I need to reinstall steam?

Thanks.

Reinstall Steam and then move the steamapps folder into it.

I have two games already installed on my new PC, so how would I go about ensuring they they don't get deleted?

When you move your other steamapps folder over to the new drive you'll get a message asking if you want to merge the files and folders with the existing steamapps folder; click "Yes".

Pandemic

In regards to the steamapps folder, can I individually move game folders, copy them over to the hard drive, then place them in the common folder on the new PC?

Would that work?

JaseC

In regards to the steamapps folder, can I individually move game folders, copy them over to the hard drive, then place them in the common folder on the new PC?

Would that work?

Sure, but there's no need unless you're after only particular games.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Started and finished Kairo tonight. I do not recommend it; feels like a decade+ old demo made only to show off blocky 3D environments and some basic lighting and particle effects. Movement is awful and floaty and there's no true interaction; everything is done by proximity. Not sure I ever felt I was playing a game and I couldn't wait for it to be over. It's got some obscure secrets/puzzles/collectibles going for it but just not worth the price and not fun. Antichamber stomps it.

Gamersgate Steam dailies:

kAmui-

I think the story add ons are pretty entertaining. If you feel like some more Sleeping Dogs content, you should go for them.

I haven't played the game yet. SE store has such a good deal that I'm buying it and I'm wondering if I should get some of the dlc too now that they are only 1.4€ a piece.

kami_sama

For those interested in Kairo. It seems that the game has some problems with Avast!. I've been getting crashes every 30 seconds or so.

I'll try to uninstall the antivirus and play the game.

I haven't played the game yet. SE store has such a good deal that I'm buying it and I'm wondering if I should get some of the dlc too now that they are only 1.4€ a piece.

I found the police car dlc pretty handy on my play through. It always means you have a pretty top car to get around in before you unlock everything else.

Blablurn

for that price, you should definitely do it! I just cant see anyone not liking this game in the end. I loved the experience. still playing it these days.

JaseC

Far Cry 3 sure likes to crash during loading screens. I've found myself having to save before using fast travel lest I lose a fair chunk of progress.

Started and finished Kairo tonight. I do not recommend it; feels like a decade+ old demo made only to show off blocky 3D environments and some basic lighting and particle effects. Movement is awful and floaty and there's no true interaction; everything is done by proximity. Not sure I ever felt I was playing a game and I couldn't wait for it to be over. It's got some obscure secrets/puzzles/collectibles going for it but just not worth the price and not fun. Antichamber stomps it.

Gamersgate Steam dailies:

Hotline Miami finally bought.

HoosTrax

I should keep a running tally of how much money I've saved from not buying bad games after reading Xelios reviews.

kami_sama

I should keep a running tally of how much money I've saved from not buying bad games after reading Xelios reviews.
I just finished the game and I loved it. It might be janky and a little old-fashioned, but I think te atmosfere was great, and 2 hours after, I'm still trying to find every secret.

If you can get past it's jankyness, I think most people will like it.

Also, the game crashes if you have avast installed.

I'm looking for some space simulation games, and it seems that Galaxy on Fire 2 is $6 GamersGate (redeems on Steam).

Is it a decent buy for that price? (I heard some people say it's repetitive and boring)

I've already played X2 and X3, and there is not that much choice on Steam...

Boerseun

Banned

Thank you! This kind of feedback is exactly what I was looking for.

Glass Rebel

Bummer, it looked interesting. Thanks for letting us know. I could kick myself for missing the Antichamber sale.

PaulLFC

Does anyone want to split this? I just want XCOM.
I'd be interested since I already own XCOM but just want NBA. If you're okay buying the pack, message me your Paypal address if you want to split it.

(I'm assuming this isn't region locked, being a 2K game? I'm in the UK, but I think it was only Mafia II that was region locked from what I remember).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for some space simulation games, and it seems that Galaxy on Fire 2 is $6 GamersGate (redeems on Steam).

Is it a decent buy for that price? (I heard some people say it's repetitive and boring)

I've already played X2 and X3, and there is not that much choice on Steam...
It's certainly not bad. I didn't play much of it, and as someone who had enjoyed the mobile game on an old Nokia 5200, I liked it. I don't see myself playing it any longer though, not with many other games I'd rather play instead.

When was the last time you played like a couple hours of it?
Mmm... 2011 I think? I started another playthrough, which I didn't finish.

dani_dc

Greenmangaming main page is announcing a discount Mafia II pack, though the game price still isn't updated here.
8.75 euros, 78% off before the coupon.

Edit: And now it's up.

Wok

Definitely not. It's all insultingly bad. Avoid avoid avoid.

DLCs are rarely a good purchase. This is my Steam inventory:
  • three DLCs, which I have not opened yet, although I like the base games,
  • and one game which I will open as soon as it is released.

IOQ8jEV.png

Rarely? There are a ton of high quality worthwhile DLCs.

Sure. My experience shows I rarely want to play the DLCs, even though I have finished and enjoyed the vanilla games.

Oh wtf why would you not open up Trine 2 - Goblin Menace? That DLC is fucking amazing.

In the mean time, I have found new good games which rank higher on my priority list. My piece of advice: do not buy a DLC unless you want to play it now.

I have bought the DLC for BoI in July 2012, ditto for the DLC for Frozen Synapse, and in February 2013 for Trine 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom