• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

Edit: Bah, forgot to switch tabs.

image.php

Cth

Here's a dumb question.. has everyone already picked up Civ 5 during the summer sale or is it pretty much worthless now that the expansion is out?

I ended up getting a copy during the sale for another GAFfer, but I've been debating on keeping it (since they didn't need a copy anymore) or to trade it for something else.

I'd keep it, but I've got Civ IV with all the addons. Ideally I'm thinking of trading it towards Spelunky or Guacameele but I'm guessing people would rather get Civ V Brave New World instead?

Grief.exe

Here's a dumb question.. has everyone already picked up Civ 5 during the summer sale or is it pretty much worthless now that the expansion is out?

I ended up getting a copy during the sale for another GAFfer, but I've been debating on keeping it (since they didn't need a copy anymore) or to trade it for something else.

I'd keep it, but I've got Civ IV with all the addons. Ideally I'm thinking of trading it towards Spelunky or Guacameele but I'm guessing people would rather get Civ V Brave New World instead?

The expansions aren't standalone, so it doesn't make the base game worthless.

Going to be tough to trade for Guac or Spelunky with it though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
dang.. Steam should stop doing this to me. it's not helping with my OCD

Having both Arkham City and Arkham City GOTY makes me wish I didn't miss the boat on the regular edition of Arkham Asylum. I did find a listing for an Arkham Asylum Steam key at a "grey market" retailer, but given how deep into the search results I had to go to find it, I thought I'd better enquire, just to be safe; sure enough, it was actually a GOTY key.

wilflare

Having both Arkham City and Arkham City GOTY makes me wish I didn't miss the board on the regular edition of Arkham Asylum. I did find a listing for an Arkham Asylum Steam key at a "grey market" retailer, but given how deep into the search results I had to go to find it, I thought I'd better enquire, just to be safe; sure enough, it was actually a GOTY key.

I suppose this is the same thing with Fallout:NV and Fallout:NV Ultimate Edition?
gah T_T steam

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I suppose this is the same thing with Fallout:NV and Fallout:NV Ultimate Edition?
gah T_T steam

Nah, New Vegas UE and Skyrim LE are standard Steam bundles that include their respective base games and DLC, not separate apps. (Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 GOTY are separate, though.)

Mothman91

Any word on if they will make dota 2/XCOM compatible with Mac OSX(snow leopard hasn't been updated like Lion has).
Don't like switching from Mac to Windows alot :/

Nymphae

Banned
Great, so I finally have access to the marketplace, now I can grab the missing cards I want!

I searched for the Bioshock summer sale card, and people at the end of the list are trying to sell them for like $400.00. Good luck with that.

People weren't kidding about the Castlevania screenshots coming off bad. There has to be something going on, the game just doesn't look like that in-game(it looks pretty stunning there) Even the uncompressed ones look bad, so weird.

Kuroyume

Banned
Someone posted a screenshot in here of a steam game in here around the summer sale. Looked kind of Metal slugish. May have been pixel art. Does it ring a bell with anyone?

Smash88

Banned
A secret tip for anyone that wants Castlevania on Dunder's store.... The first cell is unclaimed still, it just has someones box over it. So there is 1 copy left unclaimed.

@nexen

EDIT:
And_its_gone_original.jpg

DOUBLE EDIT: Nexen you're welcome. :D

chugen

have fun

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row -- MB-2F4FDD3B148FF280 - Taken by Dawg

Cth

The expansions aren't standalone, so it doesn't make the base game worthless.

Going to be tough to trade for Guac or Spelunky with it though.

Thanks! I figured as much. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who really wants Rage :D

I'll probably end up tossing it up on ModBot. I have two job interviews this week, so with any luck I'll get something and give it away instead!

The_Monk

It seems I need to check that DLC then, thank you fellow GAFfer, I believe I have 4-5 Missions from the Story to go, but I need a better strategy for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom