• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

The difference is pretty huge.

I still wish Ubisoft would drop Rayman and make a new IP. I love the graphics and gameplay, but I hate the characters and art-style so much.

Will still get it if no uplay.

Same as me. Don't know why, but I've always despised Rayman character design.
But then again, Origins is too much fun to play to toss aside it just because I can't figure out what fucking beast is that Rayman guy.

And it's unbelievable how much they succeeded in improving aesthetics in Legends over Origins.

Now if only Ancel would find the time to develop that fucking Beyond Good & Evil 2... :'(

Booted up Uplay for the first time since Far Cry 3, doesn't look half bad anymore. I kind of think that it might look and navigate quite a bit better than standard Steam now, which is disappointing. Steam UI is rather lacking.

Freezard

Booted up Uplay for the first time since Far Cry 3, doesn't look half bad anymore. I kind of thing that it might look and navigate quite a bit better than standard Steam now, which is disappointing. Steam UI is rather lacking.

Yeah, Uplay was surprisingly good when I tried it out with Prince of Persia. I like that you unlock extra stuff as you progress in the game. Only problem is lack of content D:

Gbraga

I think uplay is fine, I own Far Cry 3, Tintin, Blacklist and Conviction Deluxe (bonus for preordering Blacklist) there, what worries me are things like the security leak or something, this kind of thing is shitty, but as a DRM it's not that bad, Ubi got way better about that.

Can someone give me a summary of Sleeping Dogs (Gameplay and Story [no spoilers])? I liked the demo, but I still don't know if I wan't it.

You're not gonna play it, who cares, buy it.

I think uplay is fine, I own Far Cry 3, Tintin, Blacklist and Conviction Deluxe (bonus for preordering Blacklist) there, what worries me are things like the security leak or something, this kind of thing is shitty, but as a DRM it's not that bad, Ubi got way better about that.

You're not gonna play it, who cares, buy it.

Ubi is oddly lax with their security in a lot of ways. I remember back when Blood Dragon wasn't really even a thing yet, and a bunch of people were able to download the full game directly through Uplay using some hack that had been around for ages and allowed the user to download literally /everything/ from the store. Then the recent breach when they asked everyone to change their passwords... Not sure what they're thinking.

Anyway, yup. Uplay is solid right now.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm torn between Rayman Legends (and Origins coming with it) or Castlevania and Papers, Please combo. Really leaning toward the latter two, but I do love me some platformers...

tQhNUHR.png

Steam is watching me.

derExperte

Playing through Dead Island and having fun but it's starting to get old. I just arrived in the jungle, how much longer until the end?

denx

So I downloaded Quake 3 and Team Arena. Saw plenty of busy servers and I was like yay! Then turns out I couldn't access any of them because of some server incompatbility or some such ("you have version 3, server is version 6" or something like that.)

So I download Quake 3 Pro Installer, since apparently most servers today run on some version of that thing . Holy shit the download is huge. Not the installer itself, but the stuff the Pro Installer downloads. Tons of new maps. Don't know if this will solve the server compatibility issues.

Also I was looking at the CPMA server and client mod. The amount of tinkering you have to do to get this thing up and running is ridiculous. Not sure if worth it.

FarCry 3 Blood Dragons: "Pre-order, get the soundtrack!"

Only 4 songs.

Also, didn't know you could do this in Garry's Mod:

I thought the pre-order gave you the full soundtrack? You only get 4 songs if you're trying to get them by redeeming uplay points.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I downloaded Quake 3 and Team Arena. Saw plenty of busy servers and I was like yay! Then turns out I couldn't access any of them because of some server incompatbility or some such ("you have version 3, server is version 6" or something like that.)

So I download Quake 3 Pro Installer, since apparently most servers today run on some version of that thing . Holy shit the download is huge. Not the installer itself, but the stuff the Pro Installer downloads. Tons of new maps. Don't know if this will solve the server compatibility issues.

Also I was looking at the CPMA server and client mod. The amount of tinkering you have to do to get this thing up and running is ridiculous. Not sure if worth it.
Let me know how it goes, please. I'm interested in experiencing some Q3 multiplayer goodness again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom