• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are fantastic although I would also say that they are not for everyone.
Masses of menus and buttons mixed in with a short poor tutorial might be enough to put many people off. Although if you can get over the learning cliff then you are in for a treat.

Its more Eve Online than freelancer in style so its space trading and combat fun times :)

It's beautiful
for its age

Lots of nice mods out there too.

Its one of those games where the plot is just a footnote to the game itself.

Sounds like something I'll be interested in. I don't mind complicated games as long as they aren't too tedius.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Thanks for the heads-up. Apparently I've bought three bundles containing the game, so here are a couple of spares:

You don't need to download the Desura client to register a key: just click here, signing in if necessary, then -- after registering the key -- select the "keys" option opposite the game name to generate a Steam one.

I'm doing this using my copy from the Be Mine 8 bundle but desura is only showing me the desura key? What am I doing wrong?

Turfster

Damn it!
I can only get all 3 runaway games in the adventure pack, but I already have the next big thing...
Nevermind, it's just not listed on the sale page.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I am tempted by the Sherlock holmes collection for $8.74. How are those 6 games?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
From the Focus pack the best thing to get is Wargame Airland battle. Skip anything developed by Cyanide.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sega does what DOS don't

I was reading up a bit and Heart of the Alien is a Interplay-championed sequel to the MegaCD (SegaCD) exclusively. Eric Chahi, the author of Another World, wasn't very keen on making it, but he eventually made the Sequel. It's based on the Alien that helps the player on the first game, and it seems like it was quite bad. More info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_the_Alien.

Surprisingly, a version of the source code was reconstructed and ported to PCs! It's hosted on SourceForge of all places: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hota/

Now that was unexpected.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So, I realize the majority of Steam games have DRM but regardless, if I wanted to backup a game on a USB drive, do I just copy and paste and the game folder in SteamApps or is there some other method I need to do?

mrgone

I was reading up a bit and Heart of the Alien is a Interplay-championed sequel to the MegaCD (SegaCD) exclusively. Eric Chahi, the author of Another World, wasn't very keen on making it, but he eventually made a sequel.

Surprisingly, a version of the source code was reconstructed and ported to PCs! It's hosted on SourceForge of all places: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hota/

Now that was unexpected.

That's awesome! It's one of those games that I'd always been curious about, but never bothered to dig up an image and get it working in an emulator. A native port is a great find :)

does the walking dead still have save issues on the pc or were those resolved?
Isn't that save bug really easy to bypass? By not quitting when an episode is finished and continue to at least the first save point in the following episode? At least that's what someone told me and I didn't have any issues afaik. Maybe it was just luck though.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I have done that before but some people prefer to use this.
Too many "cons" with that and it seems like it just moves the game folder from SteamApps/common which would be easier copying and pasting manually in a few seconds than hassling with that program. I could be wrong about that, however.

Xanathus

I'm checking out the store page for Outlast and I noticed that it doesn't have achievements. It's kinda disappointing that it doesn't have at least story based achievements so you can get bragging rights for finishing the game. Amnesia also does not have achievements and that sucks for the same reasons.

The Walking Dead (Telltale) is weekend deal, 75% off, 6,24€.

The DLC is also 50% off.
DLC is being traded for 1 key on trading sites so you can save a whopping 50 cents if you go that route.

Too many "cons" with that and it seems like it just moves the game folder from SteamApps/common which would be easier copying and pasting manually in a few seconds than hassling with that program. I could be wrong about that, however.

No you're right. Also, very important note that took me a while to discover. In the steamapps folder, you'll see these files titled AppID that can be opened in Notepad. Make sure that the directory install and game location (two separate things) for each game you move over are changed to show the accurate address of the game location.

When I got my new hard drive, I got a lot of failed to find executable errors among other things. Now everything is smooth sailing.

new humble bundle is not the X bundle

tumblr_m4ev9220au1qkb7ryo1_500.gif

edit : average looks like it's locked at $5.80. I don't like where this is going

Xanathus

edit : average looks like it's locked at $5.80. I don't like where this is going

Yeah, "Pay more than $5.80 and we'll also throw in Skyward Collapse, the DLC Skyward Collapse: Nihon no Mura, and Shattered Haven!" Humble Bundle is not very humble any more.

Yeah it's bullshit, but the Paradox weekly was their 2nd most successful weekly bundle so we should probably get used to it.

Just missing Skyward Collapse, so I'm skipping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom