• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

I'm wondering if we're getting more posters in these threads overall. It'd be interesting to get a count of the number of unique posters per Steam thread along with the "wall of shame" totals.

I can work that out for you when I have some time, a Mod might have stats, but I would assume yes.

Nokterian

Praise Lord Gaben!

38e.gif

Radio

Wow new thread such fun much entertainment

BTW: some updates on me building my PC (aka the most interesting thing happening in SteamGAF today :D )

1) apparently the CPU went in fine, but of course I'm totally waiting for a fireball coming out of everything as soon as I switch the power on

2) my cat jumped on the table when I was installing the heatsink, I was about to kill her

3) mobo grid is apparently the hardest thing to figure out together with the huge quantity of screws the came with the case. I really don't know what to do with them, so I'll probably just feed them to the cat and call it a day

And now! Onto plugging every plug on every pin around!
If you don't hear from me in the next couple of days, I'll probably be struck dead, so make sure to name OT3 to me, k thx

It's a pretty great feeling when you power it on and the motherboard logo appears on the monitor.

K1vAiUj.gif

Sober

Wow new thread such fun much entertainment

BTW: some updates on me building my PC (aka the most interesting thing happening in SteamGAF today :D )

1) apparently the CPU went in fine, but of course I'm totally waiting for a fireball coming out of everything as soon as I switch the power on

2) my cat jumped on the table when I was installing the heatsink, I was about to kill her

3) mobo grid is apparently the hardest thing to figure out together with the huge quantity of screws the came with the case. I really don't know what to do with them, so I'll probably just feed them to the cat and call it a day

And now! Onto plugging every plug on every pin around!
If you don't hear from me in the next couple of days, I'll probably be struck dead, so make sure to name OT3 to me, k thx
Re: #3, depending on the case, the standoffs are usually there already and the rest for mATX/other form factors are with the case, not the mobo. Mobo only has the screws to secure them to the standoffs. Make sure you screw them all down.

kulapik

I WILL MAKE IT TO THE WALL OF SHAME THIS THREAD

GOD I HOPE SO

Also, if you think this thread moves fast, you should see FootyGAF.

Hasney

Did I miss anything on the first page? I usually skip it for all the talk of a way a thread smells (Which I assume is like an unwashed hobo).

Anyway, back to tweaking my streaming settings, which seems pointless as I'll be fully wired next week. BUT OH WELL.

Did I miss anything on the first page? I usually skip it for all the talk of a way a thread smells (Which I assume is like an unwashed hobo).

Anyway, back to tweaking my streaming settings, which seems pointless as I'll be fully wired next week. BUT OH WELL.

But we're still on the first page ;)

Chubigans is giving away 3 copies of CSD

r3n4ud

For those of you (including me) who picked up M&M Legacy deluxe edition yesterday, we're now receiving the preorder goodies :)

So if you're on the fence about picking it up, fret no more as you'll get the bonuses.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Alas, it seems Valve has closed my ticket with a message stating that due to the fact they are unable to locate records of me purchasing Half-Life (it was a gift, which they don't seem to note as being different), no further action will be taken on their side.

I just don't get it.

Tellaerin

Since this is the Definitive Edition thread, everyone should get new, derpy looking Saoirse avatars.

I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave.

Saoirse is cute and all, but If I had to abandon Olivia Wilde to jump on the SteamGAF blondewagon, I'd probably go with Amber Heard.

Tenrius

Tried playing some more ACIV today and I just can't go on. There was this tailing mission, oh god. I forced myself to finish it, but it was awful.

I feel that this game could really benefit from being much shorter and much smaller in size. I've been playing for 20 hours now and it's all been pretty interesting and fresh. But I'm only on Sequence 5 out of 14 now and I feel like I've seen everything this game has to offer now and it's all just repeats from here on out. I mean, I had lots of fun the first time I took on a fort. Then I did it again and again and again. Now I've conquered a sizeable portion of the map, I'm essentially sick of doing these damn sieges or whatever you call them, and I still have SIX more forts to go. That could be said about every other gameplay aspect.

But then again, the copy-paste principle is the staple of the Assassin's Creed franchise. They essentially make a number of mini-games, put some of them in the game world and make some of them part of the story. The first game had like four activities repeating over and over again up until the end, this one has like 16, but what difference does it make? Even the setpieces aren't exceptionally nice in this game: once you get used to the sea, you'll notice that much of the terrain look the same, as well as the cities (the only remotely interesting urban locale is Havana, the other two big ones are bland and generic). Ugh. I had so much fun during the opening hours, but now I see that this game is no different from its lacklustre predecessors.

Li Kao

New thread ! Yeah ! Maybe I will play some goddamn game now. Between family, financial and moral trouble I didn't play much these last few weeks. A little early access games that were really early, some sim city 4... Really need to rekindle the flamme.
Gaming downtime, it happens, never satisfying though.

But boy do this new year has potential.

Started into Broken Age. I'm REALLY enjoying it. Just everything. The music is super good, and the artstyle looks super nice in direct feed (vs. the off screen documentary stuff). Glad I backed, and can't wait to play more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom