• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garry Newman @garrynewman
Garry's Mod has just broke $30,000,000 !

Garry Newman ‏@garrynewman
And if my calculations are correct - we have now officially made more money from Rust than Garry's Mod. 0.34% more!

This is amazing. Capturing some zeitgeist not once, but twice.

xImwulC.png

A short review for a short game, because Relax.MX believed that I entered his giveaway just to pad my backlog. Thanks again for the game!

The game is, in a word, stylish. Everything about it has a cool and hip demeanor to it, from the art style to the soundtrack to the text from the special survivors. It's a very chill game. Nothing about it will tax your brain or your skills much, though it does have scoreboards for folks who like to speedrun. But it's a great little game if you want to play something to relax.

I really dug the art style. The first world really reminded me of The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou so it starts off with a great impression. It also reminds me of Japanese art toys which I have yet to own any of, mostly thanks to Steam sales sapping my wallet dry.

Overall a cool, relaxing, stylish little game. Thanks Relax.MX!

padlock

So I'm debating between getting either Total War:Shogun 2 complete collection for $12.50 or just the base game for $7.50.

The difference is only $5.00, which isn't much, but on the other hand, there's a good chance that I'll never even get to the DLC (I've got a large backlog). Any suggestions?

_hekk05

Banned
So I'm debating between getting either Total War:Shogun 2 complete collection for $12.50 or just the base game for $7.50.

The difference is only $5.00, which isn't much, but on the other hand, there's a good chance that I'll never even get to the DLC (I've got a large backlog). Any suggestions?

You can never have too large a backlog. Look at JaseC. Then look at your own pathetic backlog.

derExperte

Shit I blind-bought that, oh well it's only 2.49.

The worst thing about Double Agent PC is that it's an almost unplayable bugfest that had issues right after release which only got worse on modern systems. Expect to not be able to finish the game.

Garry Newman @garrynewman
Garry's Mod has just broke $30,000,000 !

Garry Newman ‏@garrynewman
And if my calculations are correct - we have now officially made more money from Rust than Garry's Mod. 0.34% more!

So 1.5 mio Rust? Shortly after they cracked 1m.

Garcia

Even though I haven't obsessed over Antichamber I must confess I truly enjoy the satisfaction of finding out some of its puzzles' answers. Very good game. The fast traveling is a godsend when your quit making any progress.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Thanks for the answer, bro! Gonna pass then.

You shouldn't pass at all. It's probably the best and most polished Total War game and at that price it's definitely a steal. And it's certainly the best TW for a strategy newcomer

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
3 games to go till 100

I'm thinking of getting some of those Tom Clancy games

I wish Rogue Spear were still available. :( The expansion pack as well as the original Rainbow Six are also in the registry but are only tied to Ubi dev subs.

Whools

You shouldn't pass at all. It's probably the best and most polished Total War game and at that price it's definitely a steal. And it's certainly the best TW for a strategy newcomer

I wouldn't recommend the total war series for a new comer to strategy at all, But if he really wants to play TW then I'd agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom