• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
While i still have the chance :

Why is Anno 1404 no longer available on steam ?

A later update introduced a bug to the save system which had a tendency to corrupt saves, and while Ubi did patch the retail and non-Steam DD versions, the Steam versions (said bug affected both Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery and the Venice expansion) were left to rot for a few months before being pulled. But they're on their way back (Anno 1404 and Dawn of Discovery have since been patched; the Venice expansions [one for each] are the only holdouts).

JaseC

How about vegas 2? Should I get it as well? Everyone seems to hate it.

I preferred it to the original, in large part thanks to the lack of overbearing bloom. As with the original, I don't hold the game in high regard, but I played through the campaign with a mate and can say I enjoyed the experience.

Thorgal

A later update introduced a bug to the save system which had a tendency to corrupt saves, and while Ubi did patch the retail and non-Steam DD versions, the Steam versions (said bug affected both Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery and the Venice expansion) were left to rot for a few months before being pulled. But they're on their way back (Anno 1404 and Dawn of Discovery have since been patched; the Venice expansions [one for each] are the only holdouts).

Gotcha !

Anno 2070 has got me hooked .

SparkTR

But it's the same price as buying 3, vegas 1 and 2 separately... :(

But then you have to handle the thought of having the worst Rainbow Six game ever made in your Steam library. Every time you open your Steam client it'll be there, reminding you of the existence of the atrocity that is R6: Lockdown.

Seriously though, go for it. It's a good bundle overall I just hate Lockdown

JaseC

Is there really a ROW version of Castlevania 2?

The sub is universal but as the game has the gifting/trading restriction applied those within South America and Eastern Europe can only gift to users within those territories respectively and while it is possible to circumvent this by sending the game via e-mail, the international recipient would need to use a VPN to activate it, which isn't something I'd recommend.

kurahador

I thought it only has a purchase region restriction flag, sadly I'm locked.

The sub is universal but as the game has the gifting/trading restriction applied those within South America and Eastern Europe can only gift to users within those territories respectively and while it is possible to circumvent this by sending the game via e-mail, the international recipient would need to use a VPN to activate it, which isn't something I'd recommend.

I see...thanks.

Arthea

I started Skyborn yesterday
First impressions are good: the game looks nice, was surprised how nicely mouse was implemented, liked Claret right away, and as you know, it's rather important to like a main character in RPGs. Super mechanic, workaholic female character? Definitely a plus.
it helped that her brother is a jerk and she tries to steal an airship right of the bat
my girl!
Extremely arrogant winged guys that can go to your house every day and beat the hell out of you, just for fun, must be taken down, so I got properly motivated too.
I haven't seen combat much yet, it seems to be build around danger levels, if so it includes some planing, but I've seen too little of combat to tell anything, will write about it sometime later when played more.

Spoilers aren't really spoilers as all this happen at the start, it's hidden in case someone is about to play and want a game to surprise them.

If you about to play it! Don't go around trying to take screenshots with F12 key, it kicks you out of the game, and if you haven't saved before, you lose all progress, I learnt that hard way (><)

JaseC

When MGR:R gets discounted in the next sale, I will need someone to help me get it.

I'd just wait for a sale on Nuuvem. The game will be cheaper and Valve doesn't care about VPN usage when it comes to key activations (as well as unlocking games early).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The survival horror games, ObsCure and Obscure 2: The Aftermath have been announced to be coming to Steam on March 7th with updated version (which include performance fixes, and finally things like 16:9 mode and controller support):

Trailer here.

Obscure_cover.jpg
Obscure-II--1.jpg

I been needing to play these games, so I don't have an opinion. I hoped this would happen though after Final Exam (a spin-off of ObsCure) got on Steam, and ObsCure being pulled off of digital marketplaces late last year. To explain the games in basic, imagine Resident Evil (the older ones) with a school setting and multiple, super stereotypical teenagers, and situations that come with that (super nerd, exploitation slut who gets murdered, crazed murderer killing kids one by one, etc).

Also notable the game's have pretty good soundtracks, provided by that one guy who did the music also for Alone in the Dark 5 and Remember Me.

JaseC

I love all the belated ports/releases that have been cropping up lately. The Summer Sale is going to be awful...

...for my bank account.

Dusk Golem

I love all the belated ports/releases that have been cropping up lately. The Summer Sale is going to be awful...

...for my bank account.

You're telling me. XD; A lot of them have been titles that are deliberately in my interests, IE horror games, quirky niche titles, and the like.

I am happy for the studio though. For those who don't know, the developers of ObsCure went out of business a few years ago, but a lot of the developers came together to make an new indie team and chipped in together to buy their IP (the ObsCure series) off of the original publishers so they could continue with the franchise and the series they had previously been working on. The only game they released so far has been Final Exam, which is a spin-off from ObsCure, though they have been teasing they're currently maybe working on ObsCure 3.

So I was hoping they'd release ObsCure 1 & 2 on Steam, and got more hopefuly/worrying when their games got pulled off of sites like GamersGate late last year, but seems they just pulled them off to make updated PC ports of the games. Which is good, as the previous PC ports weren't very good, but it also wasn't made by them (outsourced).

Obscure 1 and 2 are great. Played one of them a couple of months ago and that honestly (still?) felt fresh, maybe mainly because that's a genre that doesn't really exist anymore.

Tenrius

I remember playing Obscure way back when, it was all right as far as I can remember. Good to to see these games on Steam.

I've also been playing some Rogue Leader on the GameCube and I wonder why the first Rogue Squadron game isn't on Steam. Some kind of licensing issues?

Dusk Golem

So is My Girlfriend is the President worth 11 bucks or not.
I NEED TO KNOW

I have not played it, but a friend has. Do you like visual novels? Do you like visual novels that are ridiculous but also partially hilarious? Do you like visual novels that are ridiculous but also partially hilarious and are also extremely perverted? Do you like visual novels that are ridiculous but also partially hilarious and are also extremely perverted and have pseudo-American culture mixed with Japanese culture and a lot of ridiculous jabs at social politics? Then you may like My Girlfriend is the President.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom