• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
I see one has already been chosen, but...

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - On the Ban-Slick Precipice of Derrick-ness: The Complete Edition

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Rainbow Six Vegas is another game that confused me. I played with my friend on X360 and it was fine. Play on PC? Forever instakilled. Rainbow Six 3 was a much better experience.

Levyne

Banned
your welcome ;)

Its Friday night giveaways I see lol

Let's keep it going.

First time using ModBot. Really hope this works :x

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

H.A.W.X 2 -- MB-4930118482637CEC - Taken by Deques. 5 entrants total.
H.A.W.X -- MB-6135B57942F3B6BC - Taken by didamangi. 8 entrants total.

t1393051533z1.png

No images appended, is that bad? D:

Sales go on literally everyday.

Ubisoft titles on sale right now, I suggest Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
SteamWorld Dig, Alpha Protocol, and Binary Domain all on weeklong sales, I suggest all three.

Loadout and Hawken are F2P and pretty damn fun.

DayZ, Rust, and Banished are the survival du jour right now on PC, everyone going crazy for all three. The first two are multiplayer.

Chaos Theory's first mission doesn't look like what I remember ... though it's been a long time. I'm sure I played through the original and then bought Pandora Tomorrow on release... so it must've been Chaos Theory...

This vide I was watching of a PC playthrough to try to refresh my memory has me dying of laughter (mild spoilers from mission 1):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hMb9tpODkqQ#t=910

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is RB6: Vegas 2 as good as the original? Vegas was one of my favorite games back in the day but I never played Vegas 2. Have it sitting in my cart.

If memory serves, I preferred it to Rainbow Six: Whyistheresomuchbloom-gas. Wasn't a bad way to kill an afternoon with a mate and in fact I was actually a little disappointed when it became clear that there wouldn't be a third.

EdmondD

You can waste time grinding to unlock all of the same guns you had from the start in R6V1!

Such value!

God damn it. Typical Ubisoft. I had no idea. Maybe it was a good thing I never played 2. I think I might still buy it though I don't mind grinding depending on how severe the grind is.

JaseC

God damn it. Typical Ubisoft. I had no idea. Maybe it was a good thing I never played 2. I think I might still buy it though I don't mind grinding depending on how severe the grind is.

Well, it's not as though you need or are even encouraged to unlock anything -- I didn't change my loadout once throughout the entire campaign. If you just want to shoot some terrorists within a Vegas setting, there are worse options (I assume), and since you enjoyed the original I'd say it's worth picking up.

EdmondD

Chaos Theory's first mission doesn't look like what I remember ... though it's been a long time. I'm sure I played through the original and then bought Pandora Tomorrow on release... so it must've been Chaos Theory...

This vide I was watching of a PC playthrough to try to refresh my memory has me dying of laughter (mild spoilers from mission 1):

I think the game you are thinking of is Splinter Cell: Double Agent which I hate and soured the franchise for me. There are no branching paths in Chaos Theory.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cubetractor -- MB-3F2AACBE10C56053 - Taken by Eternia. 4 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-CF4C3457BECF358E - Taken by D3RANG3D. 7 entrants total.

t1393051984z1.png

1350333447222.gif

Anteater

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Swapper -- MB-83708EC7BB30BF7B - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-17E347E695750C0D - Taken by Intheflorsh. 1 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-3043F5F19357FA94 - Taken by Levyne. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Levyne. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-7E531DE9941BFA3E - Taken by SFGamer. 2 entrants total.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory -- MB-9119462BAC95002C - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 10 entrants total.

t1393052074z1.png

have fun~

EdmondD

Well, it's not as though you need or are even encouraged to unlock anything -- I didn't change my loadout once throughout the entire campaign. If you just want to shoot some terrorists within a Vegas setting, there are worse options (I assume), and since you enjoyed the original I'd say it's worth picking up.

Yeah, I'm probably buying it. More Steam games to add to my library is always a good thing right? ;) Thanks for answering my question.

I think the game you are thinking of is Splinter Cell: Double Agent which I hate and soured the franchise for me. There are no branching paths in Chaos Theory.

Nah, it was definitely Chaos Theory -- I started trying to play it in between May and July of 2005 and CT was release in March 2005... maybe it wasn't branching so much as the fact that they seemed to make a big fuss over a "stealth path" and an "assault path"; combine that with all the secondary objectives and I just felt overwhelmed. I think I maybe made it to the second mission before I started trying to go back and focus on something I missed in the first mission and it just made me want to give the game up at the time.

I should really give it a shot now, though being an achievement/trophy focused gamer these days, I don't know how well it'd sit with me.

Grief.exe

It goes Light House and then boat mission.

Pachimari

Ugh tell me about it, I've been sitting with all this in my cart all day

Let me know what you go with cause god damn, I've already taken Vegas 1 out of there and I'm still not sure what to do

I did the same yesterday and ended up with Splinter Cell Conviction, Double Agent, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Rainbow Six 3. It was tough but just go for it! :D

Levyne

Banned
I will take Dust! Thanks Anteater!

I have already played it, but it's on my 360 which is no longer hooked up. Great to have it available whenever.

Coldsun

Banned
Was going to snag the pre-order of Thief4 for the tf2 items but it turns out my check from my last design job still hasn't come in =\. Joys of having an 8th month old baby and being hesitant to spend the extra 40 on a game.

Maybe I should consider selling my collection of steam cards. Ugh.
Any clue if there is a way to calculate inventory worth (cards in particular) with enhanced steam? I know it does the pending card drops, but was unable to find a means of calculating in-inventory.

AxeMan

there is no conflict with udontplay

just avoid it

I know, I know.

I just love Silent Hunter.

Before my Steam days, a lot younger before I knew of DRM too much, I loved Silent Hunter 3.
I've been wanting to get back into it. But.....that DRM. Damn you Ubisoft

JaseC

Was going to snag the pre-order of Thief4 for the tf2 items but it turns out my check from my last design job still hasn't come in =\. Joys of having an 8th month old baby and being hesitant to spend the extra 40 on a game.

Maybe I should consider selling my collection of steam cards. Ugh.
Any clue if there is a way to calculate inventory worth (cards in particular) with enhanced steam? I know it does the pending card drops, but was unable to find a means of calculating in-inventory.

Ah, I didn't realise TF2 items were added (I think Thief is the first game since Rome 2 to offer them). I'm not liking the chances of Squeenix removing the retroactively-added onlyallowrunincountries flag from the RU subs before the ROW release date, so if need be I'll be getting a copy from Brazil in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom