• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I think the best we can hope for is April. From do not seem to have their act together.

Avoiding spoilers is going to suck...

Everything From has said and even their Japanese website shows the game releasing in March. There hasn't been any evidence to the contrary.

If we start hearing some negative remarks, then we can start thinking differently.

I just want them to confirm a legit way to get the soundtrack with a pc version. Really wish the US was also getting a black armor edition for pc.

Do we know for a fact that the US isn't getting the Black Armor or Collector's Editions? It just seems like retailers are holding back until they have a confirmed date.

Coldsun

Banned
Ah, I didn't realise TF2 items were added (I think Thief is the first game since Rome 2 to offer them). I'm not liking the chances of Squeenix removing the retroactively-added onlyallowrunincountries flag from the RU subs before the ROW release date, so if need be I'll be getting a copy from Brazil in a couple of days.

What are the Brazil prices like?

Everything From has said and even their Japanese website shows the game releasing in March. There hasn't been any evidence to the contrary.

If we start hearing some negative remarks, then we can start thinking differently.

The fact that they haven't announced the release date this close to the console release is probably a sign that they're struggling, but I hope you're right.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are the Brazil prices like?

$32.50 for the standard edition or $34.40 for the DDE, plus a few bucks to cover PayPal fees. You'd need to use a VPN to activate the gift, though... which isn't something I'd recommend.

An-Det

Do we know for a fact taht the US isn't getting the Black Armor or Collector's Editions? It just seems like retailers are holding back until they have a confirmed date.

I hope that's the case, really wouldn't want to miss out on the soundtrack like that. I just wish they'd come out and say something definitive about the pc version, perhaps at the same announcement as your link.

I like the Air skin, but the lack of the steam wallet money indicator in the top right is killing me. I need to know if I'm making card money!

In fact, if I could add one thing to steam it would be pop up notifications for selling items on the steam market with a little ka-ching to go along with them.
Jshackles?

mannerbot

Do we know for a fact that the US isn't getting the Black Armor or Collector's Editions? It just seems like retailers are holding back until they have a confirmed date.

You can put down a preorder for announced games with no definitive release date years in advance, so that doesn't sound very likely at all. The game is one month from release and none of the promotional material shows any indication of a physical PC release for the US market, while PC is included with ads for the European Collector's Edition and Black Armour Edition. I'd be overjoyed if there was a US Black Armor Edition PC release, but it's obvious that there won't be.

didamangi

Not for me.

Weird, it's there for me.

rFTCjQn.jpg
You're using the latest version and in steam beta?

Wok

Ah, I didn't realise TF2 items were added (I think Thief is the first game since Rome 2 to offer them). I'm not liking the chances of Squeenix removing the retroactively-added onlyallowrunincountries flag from the RU subs before the ROW release date, so if need be I'll be getting a copy from Brazil in a couple of days.

For info, there is also a Dota2 item which comes with the preorder on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/239160/

The inability to preorder that version in NA when you can preorder black armor for both consoles, regular edition for consoles and pc, and the fact that Europe has it available for pre-order says "nope.".

You can put down a preorder for announced games with no definitive release date years in advance, so that doesn't sound very likely at all. The game is one month from release and none of the promotional material shows any indication of a physical PC release for the US market, while PC is included with ads for the European Collector's Edition and Black Armour Edition. I'd be overjoyed if there was a US Black Armor Edition PC release, but it's obvious that there won't be.

Pretty much.

I looked into ordering it from Amazon.co.uk for myself and it worked out to about $50 USD (shipped).

Grief.exe

I like the Air skin, but the lack of the steam wallet money indicator in the top right is killing me. I need to know if I'm making card money!

In fact, if I could add one thing to steam it would be pop up notifications for selling items on the steam market with a little ka-ching to go along with them.
Jshackles?

Weird, it's there for me.

rFTCjQn.jpg

You're using the latest version and in steam beta?

When you install Air there are some extras you can install separately. Check in there.

The inability to preorder that version in NA when you can preorder black armor for both consoles, regular edition for consoles and pc, and the fact that Europe has it available for pre-order says "nope.".

Console version has a definitive release date, PC version does not.

European retailers may have been given different information from the European branch of Namco. Retailers operate under different leadership in other regions.

I can't argue against this point.

mannerbot

Pretty much.

I looked into ordering it from Amazon.co.uk for myself and it worked out to about $50 USD (shipped).

Yeah, I have a preorder from amazon.co.uk. Problem is, I don't know if I really want to wait for shipping from the UK before I can start playing... u_u

Is it 100% confirmed that I would be able to redeem this UK physical copy on Steam though, btw? I mean I assume so and I have been under the impression that Dark Souls 2 will be proper Steamworks, but I don't think I've seen any official confirmation of this.

FOX_

Neo Member
Grrr, getting "Sorry, we couldn't add your item" errors persistently when attempting to add Chaos Theory to the cart. Perhaps Steam servers are temporarily down...

Almighty

This 100%. I didn't fully appreciate keyboard and mouse controls until I went from Chaos Theory PSN to Chaos Theory PC. Mouse wheel to control movement speed is genius and works perfectly.

I am in the same boat. The lack of the scroll wheel made trying to play any of the console versions seem off to me.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah problems here too with Steam. I sometimes think Valves company structure hurts the Steam store a lot, especially in regards to customer service. Which makes me chuckle considering how they are supposed to be so customer orientated.

Sajjaja

Yeah problems here too with Steam. I sometimes think Valves company structure hurts the Steam store a lot, especially in regards to customer service. Which makes me chuckle considering how they are supposed to be so customer orientated.

The hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

We need them now too.

Blizzard

Banned
It gave me an opportunity to test offline mode at least! I verified Gunslinger worked. I had to enter my password to retry connecting to the Steam network, but I think I could have gotten into offline mode without a password too.

I still have the problem, and have been too lazy to look up Steam support account info and ask about it, where disabling updates on my games doesn't give me the new window prompting to download the update or play the old version. As a result, Starbound (which had a pending update but would force me to update if I tried to play it in online mode) was unplayable in offline mode. =(

Yeah, we have talked about that before. 75million active users for 330 employees. Steam has outgrown Valve.

also, I see they're going to have two physics and one GO talk at GDC, still nothing on S2. Oh well...

SparkTR

Is there a reason why the original two Rainbow Six games aren't on Steam? Also Ubisoft not porting Ghost Recon 2 to PC kind of sucks.

Dec

Yeah, I noticed that. I believe this is the first third-party game to offer a Dota 2 item.

They will probably be a lot rarer than the TF2 items. Dota has a pretty strict rule that cosmetics must match the hero and not change them too dramatically or look out of place.

Kevin

Oh wow, I thought this was only on my end. Rebooted, been messing around with it and nothing. Then I came here and realized it isn't just me. Kind of relieved...

yogloo

Should I get rainbow six 3 and vegas?

This thread is moving way too fast. Everytime I went to sleep or work, I am wayyyy behind.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
While i still have the chance :

Why is Anno 1404 no longer available on steam ?

a bard once sang fables of it returning to steam one day. But I dont believe in fairytales :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom